The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Has "Everything" You Learned About Nutrition Been Wrong?

GThreepwood

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
43%
Sep 12, 2012
For example, I used to have wickedly bad knee pain to the point that I could barely walk sometimes after hiking etc. After I stopped eating read meat (which produces uric acid in the joints), I was fine and have never had problems since. That includes some tough hikes as well.

Another example: A friend of mine had dangerously high cholesterol levels for genetic reasons. He decided to go on a more-or-less vegan diet and vigorous daily exercise after doing a bunch of research (wasn't happy with the possibility of having to take statins). He dropped his cholesterol by 50 points to safe levels. And this guy is very fit and extremely strong despite not taking in a lot of protein.

People react differently to food. You have to find what's right for you.

I'm glad you're feeling better!

And I hope you continue to feel better.

One thing to at least know about is that although uric acid gets a "Bad Rap" it's actually one of the most important antioxidants in your body. And higher uric acid has been linked to longer life span.

"In humans, over half the antioxidant capacity of blood plasma comes from uric acid." - Wikipidia Uric acid - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"A positive correlation of serum concentrations with lifespan potential among mammalian species implicates uric acid as a longevity determinant." Serum uric acid: Correlation with behavioral, metabolic, age, and lifespan parameters among inbred mice | ResearchGate

Also, careful about lowering your cholesterol too much, high cholesterol may be a symptom of something else going on, but low cholesterol could be much worse. Here's just one example of many that shows lower cholesterol can be linked to higher mortality, especially in people after 50 years old.

A study of elderly women indicated that a cholesterol level of 270 mg. per 100 ml. was associated with the longest longevity. Link to study below, and quote here: "Mortality was lowest at serum cholesterol 7.0 mmol/l [=270.6 mg%], 5.2 times higher than the minimum at serum cholesterol 4.0 mmol/l, and only 1.8 times higher when cholesterol concentration was 8.8 mmol/l. This relation held true irrespective of age, even when blood pressure, body weight, history of myocardial infarction, creatinine clearance, and plasma proteins were taken into account." Cholesterol as risk factor for mortality in elderly w... [Lancet. 1989] - PubMed - NCBI

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.