The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Gullible MLM junkies. SOS

Yussef

Knowledge Recycler
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Jan 30, 2012
Every once in a while I will get a call from someone that is a long time family associate or, friend of a friend that knows I enjoy freedom outside of punching someone's time-clock and the conversation is always strange and slightly insulting.

Usually the convo begins with a somewhat overly excited middle aged person on the other line trying to use old commonalities to ease into the real reason of why they actually called me in the first place. Then they either open the door with a question or the good old "I have a business proposition" line and it is at that very moment that I am scrolling through my phone to put this number on my list of blocked callers.

Sometimes if I am in a decent mood and have gotten my workout in I will allow them to mouth fart until they get to the part about how great this latest ripoff scheme has been for them and then (depending on how well I know them) I will kindly ask 1 or 2 qeustions I know they can't possibly answer then end the conversation politely. But I would love to say "Look dipshit! You barely know how to turn on a computer let alone be a successful affiliate marketer. Oh and by the way that hillbilly snake oil salesman that you just sent 10k of your 401k to, that you worked 40 + years in an asbestos filled factory to earn, is probably laughing at your gullible a$$ a lot harder than I am." .....

But I was raised better than that. So I just chill. But this latest scheme that I keep getting approached with is called zeek-rewards and although I haven't put the time or effort into figuring this Scam out people are sending these guys major money for promises of abnormal rates of return on their money. The only reason I even posted this here is because these people are using the guise of affiliate marketing and I suspect that once this blows up it will put a stain on the industry. I freaking despise businesses like this. Both people that have approached me thus far are in their 60s and I didn't have the heart to tell them they were being taken to the cleaners. Besides they wouldn't have listened.

Someone please check these guys out and give me your analysis or past experience with these charlatans. I smell a huge rat. Plus there are lots of negative comments about them on the web. ZeekRewards - The Rewards Program of a Lifetime!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Yussef

Knowledge Recycler
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Jan 30, 2012
Wow, very well thought out scam..

My guess from the top of my head, they will have a few 100 million frozen when the feds hit um.

Oh they have some of the best scammers in the biz in on this one. One guy was huge with Amway but I am amazed by how they are reaching people who are in no way informed or connected in affiliate marketing or e-commerce of any form.:Lies:

One rip off report describing how they get deep in those pockets.

http://www.ripoffreport.com/organiz...up-ll/rex-venture-group-llc-zeekler-bbb0c.htm

JEdwards

Legendary Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
418%
Jan 16, 2011
Texas
Sadly in these deals, only the top guy goes to jail, so the 2nd-10th scammer usually just go on to find another deal.

These guys know it will blow up.. They don't know when, but they know.

FionaS

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Sep 12, 2011
Anchorage, AK
I have a couple family members and friends that are into MLM. Some of them are great, maybe ask once and then shut up about it. Others try to sell to me every time I talk to them. It's quite irritating, and they act like it's the best opportunity ever but when I ask them, they've never made any real money with it. Once in a while it's just a really good product (Beachbody is my example, I was a member simply because I loved their products), but most of the time it's really quite crappy stuff.

I think most of them have gotten the idea I'm not interested... but not everyone has.

I'll say one good thing about MLMs though - it's a good opportunity to learn from other people how to get people to buy in to your products. They have some pretty good marketing stuff going on there most of the time.

tm33

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Oct 10, 2011
Have 3 friends doing Zeek Rewards... ha. Would let you know it's going but don't talk to them much

OsmanS

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
49%
Aug 8, 2012
Washington,D.C
One of my pretty good friends hit me up yesterday on Skype trying to sell me some energy drink MLM/pyramid scheme membership. At least he had the decency to tell me he would be making money off of it lol

amgchristian

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 11, 2012
My whole family including myself is on Zeek Rewards. For the record - it's not a scam. They actually do pay out. I discovered the fast lane forum & book a few weeks after Zeek and realized what crazy move my family made. To be honest, it's not that crazy. It's def. slow lane and just one of our "side" things.

wade1mil

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
246%
Jun 29, 2011
This was posted on Facebook today by a guy who used to be my best friend. I haven't talked to him in over a year. If you only count non-ACN conversations, I haven't talked to him in three years.

acn.jpg

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
Has anyone here created a company that used the network marketing distribution model? Or even considered to do so?

I wouldn't consider joining an mlm company these days but I admit... 20 years ago I was involved with an mlm company call Quorum but quickly realized the real money was owning the company that I was a distributor for. The owner of Quorum (Raymond Hung) owned his own private island. The top 3 guys in the company didn't even have an island, I mean come on, lol. MJ touches on this in the book so I was curious if anybody had considered this.

Yussef

Knowledge Recycler
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Jan 30, 2012
Bernie Madoff "paid out" for 25 years.

Lets see now. I would gladly pay anyone $200 per month (20%) If they invested (wink wink) $1000 dollars with me. But the only stipulation is, to keep getting the 20% you have to reinvest all of your principle and any interest earned at all times. But hey at least you can brag to all of your friends about how much money your making on paper.

mayana

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Apr 26, 2011
Georgia, USA
Quote Originally Posted by amgchristian View Post
My whole family including myself is on Zeek Rewards. For the record - it's not a scam. They actually do pay out. .
Bernie Madoff "paid out" for 25 years.

There is a lady that I know who is always trying to get me involved with whatever MLM she is doing... it's really annoying since she switches every few months. I think the latest on is the Zeek Rewards thing, and she knows so little about the computer that she couldn't even explain it to me. The past pursuits have been HerbalLife, Organo Gold, some utility reselling company, Tahitian Noni, Monavie, Avon, and some that I can't remember).

But she promises that it only takes 5 minutes a day and that it is super easy.

Lol...

Has anyone here created a company that used the network marketing distribution model? Or even considered to do so?

It's a frequent topic of discussion here, one recent thread:

https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/ge...-i-know-its-like-cursing-around-here-lol.html

MLM=NFL no friends left.

My parents have some friends that do pretty well in an "acai juice company"... lol (I think they do $250,000+ each year)...

An example of what kind of people they have become:

Our area experienced a terrible, traumatizing natural disaster and my parents' house was almost 100% destroyed. Naturally, they cancelled their $200 autoship from that company. The "friends" only called after they cancelled their autoship and they were actually more irritated about them cancelling it. They barely asked about their house.

Last edited by a moderator:

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
It's a frequent topic of discussion here, one recent thread:

Would you consider this MLM? I know, it's like cursing around here, lol

Thanks, lol. I guess I could have done a search huh?

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
I did get the same call....

I was polite. She couldn't explain to me how it worked and told me she could have her friend, who enrolled her, to explain it to me.

She told me she was doing a few hundreds per week, not sure even how.

JEdwards

Legendary Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
418%
Jan 16, 2011
Texas
Funny how I said it was a scam like two days ago.

I guess the AG thinks the same as I do.

On Heels Of AG Examination, Zeek Blog Says Red Carpet Event For Aug. 22 Is Canceled

Here is a another quote..

The Lexington Dispatch is reporting Zeek’s offices were closed today and will remain closed “for the rest of the week.”

I wonder for how long they will be paying out now?

Also if you click on the link yo posted.. the site is now unavailable..

Yussef

Knowledge Recycler
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Jan 30, 2012

Wow. This site has sharpened our shyster radar. Is there a prize or something for me posting this like 2 days before these clowns got the hatchet dropped on them? Maybe just a day driving MJs lambo or something simple like that.

mayana

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Apr 26, 2011
Georgia, USA
Wow. This site has sharpened our shyster radar. Is there a prize or something for me posting this like 2 days before these clowns got the hatchet dropped on them? Maybe just a day driving MJs lambo or something simple like that.

Amazing!!!

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
My whole family including myself is on Zeek Rewards. For the record - it's not a scam. They actually do pay out. I discovered the fast lane forum & book a few weeks after Zeek and realized what crazy move my family made. To be honest, it's not that crazy. It's def. slow lane and just one of our "side" things.

would love to hear your opinion now.

Yussef

Knowledge Recycler
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Jan 30, 2012
would love to hear your opinion now.

As much as I loathe some of these pyramid type businesses, AG don't rub it in on those that believed in Zeeks. A lot of people are going to be financially devastated by this. Unfortunately, they like so many others, are just victims of misinformation. Unfortunately the main universal law of wealth is known by few and understood by even fewer. Law # 1 There are no shortcuts or autopilots to get you there.

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012

Rawr

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Aug 12, 2007
south florida
Jack got a good nose :D

I'd rather say 'brainwashed'.

Give someone 2 hours in a room with 30 other people and 2 good salesman, and its easy to believe it too... for how long is up to your previous experiences :)

mayana

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Apr 26, 2011
Georgia, USA
Give someone 2 hours in a room with 30 other people and 2 good salesman, and its easy to believe it too... for how long is up to your previous experiences

That is absolutely true. It's really tough when everyone else is really excited, etc, and you've got some smooth talker working the crowd. If you don't have experience with this type of thing, it's easy to make rash decisions (which is what they count on). I know some really smart people that have gotten involved with MLM.

It's the people that do it AGAIN AND AGAIN that drive ME crazy :)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.