The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Greetings from the Philippines!

BlokeInProgress

Business Building Warrior
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 6, 2014
Australia
ei @jacob montemayor welcome to the forum bro! Good to see more and more of my countrymen are joining the Fastlane! Much needed! Manila location here! :)

BlokeInProgress

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 6, 2014
Australia
What industry are you in and have you read MJ's book (TFM) already? Its really a great book, changed the way I view the next quarters of my life! :)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

jacob montemayor

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
75%
Mar 4, 2014
Baguio City
What industry are you in and have you read MJ's book (TFM) already? Its really a great book, changed the way I view the next quarters of my life! :)

yeah, i've read it, and now thinking how i can apply it...

im a freelance web developer/designer now... came from slowlane/sidewalk path for 15 years as an employee (legal officer) :( ...

it's time to change it all bro! :)

Cruor Vult

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Feb 18, 2014
Just thought I'd chime in here, since I'm currently living in Davao City. Not a national, though ;)
One huge advantage Filipino fastlaners have is that manpower is extremely cheap here. You don't have to factor in huge salary costs and taxes and all that in your plans. You can pretty much just hire people as soon as you break a few hundred dollars a month coming in. Just sayin' :)

jacob montemayor

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
75%
Mar 4, 2014
Baguio City
Just thought I'd chime in here, since I'm currently living in Davao City. Not a national, though ;)
One huge advantage Filipino fastlaners have is that manpower is extremely cheap here. You don't have to factor in huge salary costs and taxes and all that in your plans. You can pretty much just hire people as soon as you break a few hundred dollars a month coming in. Just sayin' :)

that's true! i hope that i will think of something that will really make me a fastlaner entrepreneur

then i will share it to my countrymen :)

IceCreamKid

With Great Power Comes Great Electricity Bill
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
2,185%
Jun 8, 2010
California
What's up Jacob. I'm Filipino, but have never been to the Philippines. My ladybird grew up in California, but has been living in Makati for the past 2 years.

jacob montemayor

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
75%
Mar 4, 2014
Baguio City
What's up Jacob. I'm Filipino, but have never been to the Philippines. My ladybird grew up in California, but has been living in Makati for the past 2 years.

very very nice to hear that ICK! just read your article :

The Astonishing Secrets That zen******* Never Told You…Exposed!

love it!

carlolacson

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
232%
Mar 17, 2014
Quezon City, Philippines

Fulmen Gladius

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
80%
Apr 19, 2014
Philippines
Hello Jacob,Carlo, and LinorCG.

It's nice to know that there are also Filipinos like you who have read TMF and followed the fastlane philosophy. Majority of our countrymen right now belongs to the sidewalk. Aside from that, it's really a pity that we are still a poor country despite of our very rich natural resources.

Let me know if you will need any help in the future, I will gladly help you guys.

Let's spread the word to our fellow Pinoys! Cheers

Tiago

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
162%
Mar 22, 2014
Welcome to the forum!

I wanted to ask, how's the situation since the Yolanda typhoon? I was in Manila when it happened but had to leave a few days later. Things back to normal?

Fulmen Gladius

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
80%
Apr 19, 2014
Philippines
I wanted to ask, how's the situation since the Yolanda typhoon? I was in Manila when it happened but had to leave a few days later. Things back to normal?
Yes I believe Tacloban is back to normal. Order has been restored, water and electricity, and people there are rebuilding their lives. Typhoon Yolanda is heart-breaking, but we should continue our lives and move on. Let's hope for the best.

BlokeInProgress

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 6, 2014
Australia

It's nice to know that there are also Filipinos like you who have read TMF and followed the fastlane philosophy. Majority of our countrymen right now belongs to the sidewalk. Aside from that, it's really a pity that we are still a poor country despite of our very rich natural resources.

Let me know if you will need any help in the future, I will gladly help you guys.

Welcome to the forum, glad to know another kababayan has joined.

We can't blame them that we have a sideline mentality, most of us grew up like that. But, we can start the change from ourselves...make ourselves successful in our own field and then help others do the same.

Rizal

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
30%
Apr 3, 2013
Los Angeles
Hey Guys,

I'm Fil-Am in the Philippines right now. Do any of you have any experience in the Restaurant business?

Thanks!

BlokeInProgress

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 6, 2014
Australia
Welcome @Rizal to the forum. Nope but theres a lot of people here who knows and has experience in the restaurant business. Just create a new thread and many would give tips.

Are you planning to start one here in the PH? Btw, where in the PH are you?

Rizal

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
30%
Apr 3, 2013
Los Angeles
Welcome @Rizal to the forum. Nope but theres a lot of people here who knows and has experience in the restaurant business. Just create a new thread and many would give tips.

Are you planning to start one here in the PH? Btw, where in the PH are you?

Hey LinorCG, it's not about how to open a restaurant but making contacts in the restaurant business in the Philippines specifically. It's all access to good suppliers and/or with people with franchising experience here, especially with finding good locations.

Yes, I'm planning on starting one (I actually think it's the best business to start here). I'm pretty much everywhere. Pampanga, Quezon City and the Batangaas area.

carlolacson

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
232%
Mar 17, 2014
Quezon City, Philippines

Indeed Sir that is true I see a lot of Filipinos belongs to the sidewalk. I 'm lucky because as a young adult I was given this kind of philosophy that changed my perspective in life.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...