The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Greetings from California

CaliforniaDan

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Aug 14, 2014
Hello Fastlane community members.

I think I have read almost everything on self development and success.

It started when I was a teenager and I got a hold of a copy of Anthony Robbins, "Awaken the Giant Within". This was the first time I was exposed to a philosophy that stated that you can change your life. It's like the book was telling me that I can be different, I can be better, and here's how.

I've studied and studied many of the major success gurus. I've studied Napoleon Hill. I've read his book, "Think and Grow Rich". I can read fast, but it took me a week to get through each chapter of this book. It was like my mind was exploding and changing just by reading it. I've listened to Napoleon Hills lectures over and over again. Because of this I read biographies of great men. I've noticed that Hills teachings would show up again and again in the these books, that great men did what Hill taught, whether they knew it or not.

I was looking and looking through the internet for help. Although I could think in my mind what I wanted out of life, I was having some trouble realizing it. I wasn't DOING anything with the knowledge that I had gained.

I stumbled on to Steve Blanks teachings, namely a youtube video that outlined the major ideas in his book, "The Startup Owner's Manual: The Step-By-Step Guide for Building a Great Company", which borrowed techniques found in the book, "The Lean startup". Essentially, you don't build a product by itself. You build a product while you are also building a customer base. The product is built with an eye on what the customer will pay for. This is done by interviewing customers, introducing them to what you are planning on building, and soliciting their feedback. Based on the feedback you make changes to your partly made product.

So, through my reading I learned that I can change my habits from Robbins, et al. From Hill I have learned that I must have an all consuming passion, a "Definite Cheif Aim", that guides my decision making process. From Blank I learned that to make money I need customers that are going to buy my product, and that product needs to scale up to a very large number.

In steps MJ DeMarco. What did MJ DeMarco give me? Well, let me explain. Firstly, I grew up poor. I also can swear like a sailor. I can be crass. But I am also learned in a way, with all of my studying that I have done in my life. MJ tells it to me straight. I want to make shit tons of money, at a really young age. Most of my learning has been academic up to this time. But MJ puts it straight to us: Get rich fast (and not get rich easy). MJ's book is PACKED with in your face advice. Such as making excuses to why I am not wealthy isn't going to help me any. Also, how much bullshit the slowlane to wealth is.

I remember some time ago talking with my buddies, and one of them was explaining how some tech guy was making a deal. I can't remember who it was that was making the deal. But this tech guy made a million dollars off of the trade. I told my buddy that he was able to make the trade because he had the money/property in the first place to do that kind of trade. Also, parallel to this conversation, I was also learning about retirement and 401k's and the like. And how we should aim for 1 million dollars saved up by the time we retired.

So wait a second. Something blew in my brain. This tech guy made ONE deal and netted him 1 million dollars, the SAME amount that I was supposed to work my WHOLE life to save for, for retirement??? He made someones WHOLE retirement savings in ONE deal. Then I knew. The slowlane was BULLSHIT. But I didn't know it was called slowlane, I just knew, thought, that it was bullshit.

So, here I am. I want to put MJ's theories into PRACTICE in MY life. I want to build a billion dollar business. I want to affect (effect) millions of people. I want to make shit tons of money. I want my own business.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...