The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Got rejected by a girl today...

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
I am not a huge fan of the formality of the "law of attraction" but I do think that there is some merit to it.

Esquire

Divorce Shark
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
244%
Oct 13, 2012
Connecticut
Nah ... you're thinking about it the wrong way.

You didn't get rejected ... you just figured out one more approach ... that does NOT work. ;)

On the road to success.

Hey ... at least you asked ... right ...?

No one ever landed a date slinking in a corner.

Just play the law of averages.

The more women you ask ... the more women who will accept.

If your odds are 10% ... ask 10 women out.

Just simple math.

Just keep casting your hook.

Good for you for trying. :)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

smarty

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Jan 2, 2013
Congratulations!
Whether you realize it or not right now, getting rejected is 100 times better than living with doubts.
Chasing never works, especially with relationships. Give people the choice of freedom.
Never chase a girl, never chase money (the later can be harder to master) ;)

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
You sound like you're thinking about ways to avoid rejection. Don't.

Same in business: don't think of ways to avoid failure.

Think of ways to WIN. WIN by getting the date. WIN by making sales. WIN by getting many dates. WIN by getting many sales.

I don't know much about girls (haven't been single in a little while) but there is some parallel between dating and business. The main parallel being that in both instances, you're dealing with people.

In dating, find out what the girl wants and give it to her. In business, find out what the customer wants and give it to them. Girl pays you in time, customer pays you in money.

That's why money chasing and girl chasing, although you might make some money and get some girls, will never be sustainable.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
Let's call it matching pictures. I do believe we attract the same mindset, but opposite ends of the spectrum. In my experience no matter what kind of relationship, I end up facing someone that triggers my buttons. And those buttons only get pushed if I haven't faced an issue:

This happens all the time when I counsel people. As you grow, develop, and get a more positive mindset, you attract someone that matches where you are. Their experience may have been something you experienced, and triggers certain buttons, until you become neutral about it. They may say a phrase or a loaded worded that has been used in a negative way.

The opposite ends of the spectrum is usually the opposite point of view as yours. Resistant to your philosophy, personality, way of thinking, and they are triggered by some phrase or word you say.

The same experience will appear and appear again until you have resolved certain emotions, feelings, and no longer triggered. And your rejection comes into play because you don't match pictures anymore.

Usually because you're doing things the same way you've always done them, and just like your business with relationships no matter romantic or any other type, you will get the same response and result until you adjust the problem and issue.

I find it kind of funny, because a business isn't much different then a relationship. Same principles. In my experience, I had to learn about healthy relationships, apply, and act. For some people, they don't have to do this if they've had the right role models to begin with, for others they have to unlearn everything they've learned about relationships and learn something new to have a healthy relationship.

Which is the way you communicate, manage your emotions, feelings, thoughts, and act appropriately without crossing emotional, mental, spiritual boundaries. So yes, law of attraction happens, because if you don't unlearn certain things you draw someone to you that has similar issues, background, and behaviors. For example: If you're an alcoholic or child of one and co-dependent you will draw someone to you that is the same, or some other addiction.

If you're from families that have been raised on welfare and play by those rules, you will attract someone like that, and you can even say slow lane attract slow lane. The more you go up the scale, you attract someone that matches your life picture emotionally, mentally, spiritually, and physically.

I've watched this in different ways in my experience. And when you shift out of one it's usually surrounding yourself with a higher mindset and then you're life aligns with that picture. So, this is where Imagination creates reality steps in. "Visualization." Vision. You see yourself playing the part, you act the part, and it becomes your reality and life. And Imagination can create any reality you want it too. Same principles as an athlete before they go out to play.

Kuda

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
36%
Jul 11, 2014
How do people meet new women. I work 9-5 and i do not go clubbing. Haven't met anyone new for six months.

Red

Nigerian Lottery Prince
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
353%
Feb 23, 2010
Phoenix
Join a sports team, hiking club, something team-oriented or task-oriented (accomplishing a goal together -like community centered). It's a great way to meet people, no pressure & allows you to get to know someone without them feeling creeped on.

Esquire

Divorce Shark
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
244%
Oct 13, 2012
Connecticut
How do people meet new women. I work 9-5 and i do not go clubbing. Haven't met anyone new for six months.

Here's a "pro" tip ...

When creating a profile on a dating site ... ask a woman to write your profile for you.

Odds are ... they will know what to say ... and exactly how to say it ... to make your dating profile resonate with women ... better. :)

Red

Nigerian Lottery Prince
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
353%
Feb 23, 2010
Phoenix
ask a woman to write your profile for you.

I love writing online dating profiles. The only caveat is that you have to use what I write, unedited.

Clarification: I am a woman. Also, the whole reason I found this whole group back in the day was off a PoF profile, LOL

borntodominate

Bronze Contributor
Aug 31, 2014
Here's a "pro" tip ...

When creating a profile on a dating site ... ask a woman to write your profile for you.

Odds are ... they will know what to say ... and exactly how to say it ... to make your dating profile resonate with women ... better. :)
do not do this. women dont know what they want, never ask a women for advice

Esquire

Divorce Shark
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
244%
Oct 13, 2012
Connecticut
Tinder ........i knew i was on the wrong app after the 10th " what are you up to tonight ?" :banghead:

Amen to that !!!

I hate it when I get random texts on FB messenger ... "What's up ...?" "How's it going today ...?" "How's the weather up there ..." "Hi."

Seriously ...?

I so want to bitch slap these non-conversational havin mother-F*ckers.

What ... do I look like your personal entertainment committee ...?

Seriously ... if you are going to text me ... you had best have something interesting to say.

I just ignore them.

Same thing happens in dating site chat rooms.

When I first launched my dating site ... I used to hang out in the chat room from time to time to get the conversations going. It amazed me how many people are drawn to the chat room ... who have nothing meaningful to say ... and little to no conversational skills.

I felt like the entertainment committee for bored housewives. And truth be told ... that is exactly what I was. Suffice to say ... I realized that (me) hanging in the chat room was a very poor use of my time and stopped doing that not long after.

Guys (however) are the worst offenders when it comes to shitty conversation starters.

Read the damn profile and exercise your brain, fellas!

Drives me nuts. :headbanger:

Red

Nigerian Lottery Prince
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
353%
Feb 23, 2010
Phoenix
women dont know what they want, never ask a women for advice

Wow. Sounds like your problem may not be in your approach, but in your mindsets you carry about women that they pick up on. Don't underestimate the perceptive capabilities of a woman. This is an instant turn-off.

rexxkai

Lazy Noob
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
37%
Apr 1, 2011
Vancouver, BC, Canada
lol.... i just got rejected by a girl last weekend... but the next time i saw her, she seemed way more interested in me. she sat away from her usual spot and moved right next to me ;)

so it wasn't me, it was the approach and the situation that made her feel uncomfortable.

as for approaches, there is day game and night game (AKA club areas).

for night game, you can do way more physical stuff and get away with it, if you are fun, not creepy.
you can approach 10 girls in the same spot and they wouldn't really care as long as you seem fun to be with.

day game... less physical, more comfort building, quite a bit harder...

In dating, find out what the girl wants and give it to her. In business, find out what the customer wants and give it to them. Girl pays you in time, customer pays you in money.

That's why money chasing and girl chasing, although you might make some money and get some girls, will never be sustainable.
the j is totally right, depending what type of girls you want, you need to know their habits, where they hang out what they like, and possibly hang out around those areas. but those type of girls prolly like a certain type of guys, while there are exceptions.

rexxkai

Lazy Noob
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
37%
Apr 1, 2011
Vancouver, BC, Canada
I love writing online dating profiles. The only caveat is that you have to use what I write, unedited.

Clarification: I am a woman. Also, the whole reason I found this whole group back in the day was off a PoF profile, LOL
seriouslly???? LOLL

borntodominate

Bronze Contributor
Aug 31, 2014
Wow. Sounds like your problem may not be in your approach, but in your mindsets you carry about women that they pick up on. Don't underestimate the perceptive capabilities of a woman. This is an instant turn-off.

Are you saying its sounds like i dont respect women?

rexxkai

Lazy Noob
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
37%
Apr 1, 2011
Vancouver, BC, Canada
do not do this. women dont know what they want, never ask a women for advice
yo i totally thumbs this up, MOST women really do not know what they want. i got my dating advice from a girl on how to get girls, and i crashed and burned when i used it.

what they say they want consciously, due to social pressure and society, is not what they sometimes really want subconsiously.

Jamesdoesmith

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
111%
Aug 14, 2014
chicks are just like sales. the three s's

some are waiting, some are willing, and some are ready to buy. just keep going. 1 rejection out of 3.5 billion chicks....get to the next one.

Esquire

Divorce Shark
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
244%
Oct 13, 2012
Connecticut
Here's "Pro Tip" # 2

Let a woman select your pics as well.

What guys "think" women want to see ... and what women "really" want to see ... is almost never one the same.

It amazes me how many guys completely screw up their profile picks ... on a regular consistent basis.

borntodominate

Bronze Contributor
Aug 31, 2014
yo i totally thumbs this up, MOST women really do not know what they want. i got my dating advice from a girl on how to get girls, and i crashed and burned when i used it.

what they say they want consciously, due to social pressure and society, is not what they sometimes really want subconsiously.
we've all been there bro

borntodominate

Bronze Contributor
Aug 31, 2014
Here's "Pro Tip" # 2

Let a woman select your pics as well.

What guys "think" women want to see ... and what women "really" want to see ... is almost never one the same.

It amazes me how many guys completely screw up their profile picks ... on a regular consistent basis.

Last edited:

Esquire

Divorce Shark
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
244%
Oct 13, 2012
Connecticut
I dont know about that, Ive got more girls with this pic than any other.

10665940_763266320407701_2139847399948836237_n.jpg

Nothing wrong with working what ya got ... and looks like ya got something there. Kicking some serious a$$ in the gym. Good to go.

But a girl would (also) tell you to pick up the mess behind you (turn off) ... and would also want to see a warm approachable smile (somewhere in your profile).

Tell me I'm wrong ladies ...?

borntodominate

Bronze Contributor
Aug 31, 2014
Nothing wrong with working what ya got ... and looks like ya got something there. Looks like you're kicking some serious a$$ in the gym.

But a girl would (also) tell you to pick up the mess behind you (turn off) ... and would also want to see a warm approachable smile (somewhere).

Tell me I'm wrong ladies ...?
lol no doubt. but i think this would be determined on her intentions. sex or a relationship.

but that being said i got rejected so F*ck knows lol

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.