The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Good idea or Really?

Idea threads

Ronnie Bryan

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
64%
May 4, 2015
Oklahoma
Last night, I was bouncing thoughts in my brain about how I can go from where I am to 6 figures,based on knowing myself, and what I have seen since, 2007,I came up with the idea of a small business that finds out who your competitors are. Both locally, and abroad, and compiles reports.These can be done Annually, or Semi-Annually, by the month, week, or day.

As, this is new to me I am still unsure of what is best for the client. I researched online, this is being done in the United Kingdom and United States, reports are written quarterly, or semi quarterly whatever that means.

And complied from using "Google Alerts" and following competitors through their social media presence online.

I have this feeling, it can still be done better, just not sure how or the steps I would have to take, as this idea is still fresh and being brought to the table for evaluation.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

RadioActive

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Mar 12, 2014
Maryland
Actually, its something I'd personally use hence I'm preparing to go Into the Ecommerce biz, so I'd need to stay 1 step ahead of my competitors.

Sent from my 7040N using Tapatalk

Ronnie Bryan

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
64%
May 4, 2015
Oklahoma
Actually, its something I'd personally use hence I'm preparing to go Into the Ecommerce biz, so I'd need to stay 1 step ahead of my competitors.

Sent from my 7040N using Tapatalk
Thank You, Radioactive , something to keep in mind we may do business together in the future, I bought my headset and will start studying for testing in Google Analytics if you can't wait that long I have someone I know and went to church with who can work with you and save you time. I am hoping once, I get certified she will have work for me so I can master my skill.

Ronnie Bryan

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
64%
May 4, 2015
Oklahoma
Thank You, Radioactive , something to keep in mind we may do business together in the future, I bought my headset and will start studying for testing in Google Analytics if you can't wait that long I have someone I know and went to church with who can work with you and save you time. I am hoping once, I get certified she will have work for me so I can master my skill.
https://www.facebook.com/socialclimberpro?pnref=lhc Her name is Robin Wilson,she has quite a list of clients but you can view her face book page and send her a message she might have someone she can refer you to.Not that I wouldn't take your money=0 but I have no estimated time how long it will take to reach my goal and get started in doing competition reports.

Last edited:

Melloname

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Aug 4, 2015
Nice consultancy business idea!

In future you could also add services like:

1. Online Reputation Tracking Report for Businesses
2. Report that Outlines To Dos for Businesses to get ahead of their Competitors

my 2 cents...

D

Deleted21961

There is one book that could help you master researching Google aspect of your business...
http://www.amazon.com/Google-Hacking-Penetration-Testers-Second/dp/0128029641/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1438765890&sr=8-1&keywords=johnny long google hacking
Though it's for hackers doing security research, it may come handy in your case.

I think there are many businesses doing this, I've even seen gigs on fiverr doing similar things, so you probably want to be way better at gathering information than everyone.

Mr.B

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
207%
Nov 8, 2014
Australia
Both locally, and abroad, and compiles reports.These can be done Annually, or Semi-Annually, by the month, week, or day.

As, this is new to me I am still unsure of what is best for the client. I researched online, this is being done in the United Kingdom and United States, reports are written quarterly, or semi quarterly whatever that means.

I think an initial report that outlines all competitors followed by a subscription service where the customer will be notified whenever a new competitor is identified would be the best approach (assuming that it's all automated).

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.