The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Getting started in Marketing online. Advice on taking action?

Marketing, social media, advertising

KyleK

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Jul 2, 2015
I am currently 20 years old entering my 2nd year in college. I have messed around with internet marketing for about a year. I have joined many forums, learned a lot, but ultimately, I have not taken action. I currently work for myself as a landscaper during the summer, and attend school the rest of the year. Down time in school gives me the opportunity to pursue different ventures. Although I have not succeeded, I refuse to give up. I've considered bringing an invention I had to market, starting an offline business, or trying to make money marketing products on the internet. I feel that internet marketing is a great option because of the freedom it gives you.The problem is I am running into a bit of trouble getting started. A fellow member suggested that I write an E-Book explaining the In's and out's of running a landscaping business as a college student. I would be marketing this to high school and college guys. The major selling point would be, "Why would you work a min wage job for $7 an hour when you could make $35 an hour working for yourself". You make your own hours, and work as little or as much as you want. I hope to take the knowledge I learn from this venture and learn how to market my future business ventures online.

Is this a realistic idea that could be achievable?

What are most people marketing online on these forums?

What are the best resources for learning internet marketing?

Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

Will be making a progress thread soon...

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Coalission

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
477%
Jan 8, 2014
I have joined many forums, learned a lot, but ultimately, I have not taken action.

Why not?

Although I have not succeeded, I refuse to give up.

Refuse to give up what, reading? You haven't succeeded because it's impossible to succeed at something you haven't started. Personally, I recommend starting as an affiliate because you can learn to market things on the internet without putting your blood, sweat and tears into building a product/service that ultimately won't sell, and if it doesn't sell, was it that your product sucked, or that you didn't know how to market it?

Regardless of how you approach this, you gotta just get your first failure out of the way and stop playing it safe by just reading.

KyleK

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Jul 2, 2015
Why not?

Refuse to give up what, reading? You haven't succeeded because it's impossible to succeed at something you haven't started. Personally, I recommend starting as an affiliate because you can learn to market things on the internet without putting your blood, sweat and tears into building a product/service that ultimately won't sell, and if it doesn't sell, was it that your product sucked, or that you didn't know how to market it?

Regardless of how you approach this, you gotta just get your first failure out of the way and stop playing it safe by just reading.
By affiliate, you mean through my own funnel and email sequence I create for a product correct? Obviously, I have read the book and I don't plan on joining an MLM. What would you say is the best way to find and decide on a product to promote? I appreciate the response and your time!

KyleK

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Jul 2, 2015
Note: I want to learn the skill set of taking a product, and actually making SALES. I know that affiliate marketing isn't fast-lane.... But i believe the skill set of IM can be applied to a fast lane business model.. Am I wrong?

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
If I had to do it all over again:
  1. Find someone you know who has a local service business or is a freelance tradesman.
  2. Get them to pay the AdWords fee, and maybe even a small fee to you.
  3. Use *their* money to learn how to generate them leads.
Get paid to learn to generate leads with other people's money.

Read that again.

Lead generation is a genuine, in-demand skill. You don't even have to have years under your belt to earn money doing it. You just have to be able to set campaigns up better than the local mom-n-pop business trying to do it themselves, or don't know how to do anything online.

From there, there are many routes to scaling.

Also check out @SinisterLex 's thread here:

Last edited by a moderator:

Digamma

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
301%
Nov 13, 2014
Oh, for F*ck's sake. You have been reading and scratching your a$$ for a year. You don't need funnels and shit.
Write it up, get a cover done on Fiverr, publish it on Amazon for $2.99. Then you think about where to market it.
Note: I want to learn the skill set of taking a product, and actually making SALES. I know that affiliate marketing isn't fast-lane.... But i believe the skill set of IM can be applied to a fast lane business model.. Am I wrong?
You could not move a muscle in a year, if it's fastlane or not ain't your problem.

Mr. L

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
234%
Apr 7, 2015
Well, I have seen this video a few weeks ago...

You don't want it bad enough.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.