The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Full time employees, does your employer ever reward you with gifts?

Topics relating to managing people and relationships

peacemaker

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
208%
May 6, 2013
I've noticed a trend with startups and newer companies that get gifts for employees on their work anniversary or birthday. Obviously some form of this has been around for a while (passing around the birthday card to sign etc.) but I think it is becoming more popular to give out gifts like caricatures, personalized mugs, bobble-heads and so on.

What do you guys think, is this a growing market? Does your place of work rewards you with gifts like this?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Oswalito

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
66%
Jan 9, 2015
The day I have employees, I will... F*ck a bobble-head doe...

if I'm not mistaken, a company here in canada can deduct a total of 500$ per employee on gifts for like a birthday and shit... I'd get people watches or something a bit more classy than a caricature or a personalized item.

spend a grand, expense half of it. not too bad if you ask me.

Ninjakid

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Jun 23, 2014
Buddy Guy Eh
At my first and technically only ever job, employees got gifts for birthday and Christmas. The company had been around for over 20 years, and had at least a couple hundred employees. I felt it made you like the company that much more. Workers will notice when they're noticed. So when I hire employees, I'm going to do the same thing.

AntEmpire

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Jan 4, 2015
The only gift I ever got from my employer was permission to leave 10 mins early.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Waisec

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
276%
Feb 6, 2014
Estonia
From employers? Never. It's common over here though to pool money together for a colleague and get him a gift, money, a nice drink, flowers, whatever.

Smaller companies or start-ups might do it however, which I think is an effective and cheap way to buy employee loyalty and make them feel appreciated. So why not

peacemaker

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
208%
May 6, 2013
Yeah exactly, it seems like small companies do it for loyalty to get more work out of employees. It's actually quite effective and cheap to do I think. Big companies on the other hand don't seem to care one bit about it.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.