The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

From Idea To Business

Idea threads

Ryllban

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Dec 15, 2013
Hello!

This will be my progress thread from one idea to a business.

Some short info about me:

*21 years old male from Sweden
*Did another progress thread before and didn't write anymore because I acted like a true "wantrepreneur" and just didn't start anything.

The idea came to me in about 3 weeks ago. My uncle + wife and their children where visiting and he knows I'm really interested in business so he told me this idea he have had in his head for about 1 year.
The idea is a solution for a problem he and his running friends have.

The idea is in the running community and had to do with the water bottles. (I won't tell anymore right now, but once we are on the go, I might reveal it).

One thing I have learned on this forum is that it's more about the process than just the idea. So it doesn't matter what idea Im working on, its the execution that will benefit me + maybe some readers.

Anyway, this is what we have been doing so far:

*Talked about how the design should look like and what material we should use
*Hired a designer on fiverr to complete the design in 3D
*Contacted around 30 manufacturers to sort out the ones who want to work with us (in the beginning we won't buy in that many units so we need to find someone who will work with us)
*Hired a researcher on fiverr to find good relevant information that we will use for a leadmagnet
*Started to search information on an ebook we will write (this is the tripwire for all of you who knows what Im talking about)
*Started to pitch the idea to my uncles running friends (we already have people that wants to buy it)
*Registered a domain for our site that will come soon

This is whats up next:

*Get a prototype done and sent to us to test out
*Presell the prototype to customers
*Talk with one of the biggest running races in Sweden and try to make a deal with them for the upcoming race
*Learn more about paid traffic (I will set up a few campaigns when we have the product done)
*Finish the website + high quality pictures of the product
*Make sure everything in our sales funnel is done (lead magnet + tripwire + core offer)
I know thats not the whole sales funnel. But we will add a profit maximizer later on when we have some more capital to work with.

I might have missed some point but that's pretty much what we will do next.

I don't know how much I will update, but this thread is a way for me to keep going so I will make some updates about the business and what I'm learning on the way.

Bye!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

tafy

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Aug 21, 2013
UK
Ok great!

So a new type of water bottle for runners right? If you want my opinion I think you should look into a prototype and spend all your energy getting it into retail locations. Could it be used for cyclists too?

I see why you are thinking ebooks and tripwires etc, but do you think its relevent for a bottle that most will want to touch and feel?

Did you talk about a brand? You need a brand first before you get into the other stuff

Good Luck!!

Ryllban

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Dec 15, 2013
Ok great!

So a new type of water bottle for runners right? If you want my opinion I think you should look into a prototype and spend all your energy getting it into retail locations. Could it be used for cyclists too?

I see why you are thinking ebooks and tripwires etc, but do you think its relevent for a bottle that most will want to touch and feel?

Did you talk about a brand? You need a brand first before you get into the other stuff

Good Luck!!

Its not a new water bottle. Its related to it. It's mainly for runners.

Thanks!

Ryllban

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Dec 15, 2013
So today we got the prototype. Had been stuck in custom for a few days.
Was not quite why we had expected.
So we have been changing some stuff and hopefully we will get a new improved prototype in about 1-2 weeks.

Oh I can't wait for the prototype to be done and finally get a product out there.

A few things we have done since last update:

*Checked out prototype and changed it
*Have come up with both lead magnet + tripwire offer.
*Have been reading a lot about google adwords (know the basics to start a campaign that will not suck shit)
*Have been getting in contact with one runner/blogger who might write for us on our website
The same person is going to organize running races in Sweden and we will try to strike up a deal with them. (great way to get a foot in the community)
*Have been planing the logo and we have a design for it now. Just need to make it now.

Hopefully the second prototype we will order now will be as we except. We have been extra clear on what we want. We even recorded a video to show them.

Not to much to update now before we really start to get going. Will get many more updates when we are in business.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.