The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Freelancing and College

Anything related to matters of the mind

shubham525

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
77%
Jul 16, 2015
India
Damn !!!

Right now on 2 paid per hour jobs on Upwork and there is just too much college work. My counsellor is threatning me to call parents and send letter due to low marks in sessionals.

Life was boring few weeks ago. So much fun and work to do now. At one hand I feel a bit afraid , on other hand I am learning a lot.

It took 1 month to land my first job(first paid job of life) on upwork. How do you guys cope with too much work ?

College - such a headache , its compulsory to maintain 75% attendance ! F*ck them

Hope I could build long-term relations with clients.
I started working on upwork so I could get some capital going to work on my business ideas, building the prototype , websites .

Everything requires capital , even if I want to sell something on Amazon - It requires a TIN no , which requires paying bribe in India.

When my dad heard that I was planning to get one , he was like explaining all the rules , that I would have to pay this much here and there or they would not pass my file.

Finally it feels good to be ahead of all my batch mates who haven't earned a dime in life, but still I am way too far.

Thank you for reading this thread :)

NAMASTEY !

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
597%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
This happened to me over the last year. I got too busy, especially with freelance, and my GPA dropped. Eventually it dropped so low they kicked me out. Luckily I was learning copywriting, so I just wrote a letter and persuaded them to let me back in lol.

Anyway, the solution that works for me is to have my online courses set up for the afternoon. I do all of my important work (work on my business) at 2am to 9am when my mind is most fresh.

From 9am to 12pm I focus only on client work & any self-learning I need to get done like attending private courses.

From 1pm to 5pm I focus on nothing but college work. As soon as the college work is done I can go back to anything else I feel like working on.

The rest of the evening is spent on whatever I feel like since my mind is usually so exhausted it's hard to get much else done.

Also I take breaks every hour or so, and get up and move around.

I spread the school work out over the entire week to avoid feeling overwhelmed.

Lastly, I make checklists every day as soon as I wake up and I mark off tasks one at a time until they're all completed.

This may or may not work for you. Just a matter of trial and error, and trying again until you get it right.

shubham525

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
77%
Jul 16, 2015
India
This happened to me over the last year. I got too busy, especially with freelance, and my GPA dropped. Eventually it dropped so low they kicked me out. Luckily I was learning copywriting, so I just wrote a letter and persuaded them to let me back in lol.

Anyway, the solution that works for me is to have my online courses set up for the afternoon. I do all of my important work (work on my business) at 2am to 9am when my mind is most fresh.

From 9am to 12pm I focus only on client work & any self-learning I need to get done like attending private courses.

From 1pm to 5pm I focus on nothing but college work. As soon as the college work is done I can go back to anything else I feel like working on.

The rest of the evening is spent on whatever I feel like since my mind is usually so exhausted it's hard to get much else done.

Also I take breaks every hour or so, and get up and move around.

I spread the school work out over the entire week to avoid feeling overwhelmed.

Lastly, I make checklists every day as soon as I wake up and I mark off tasks one at a time until they're all completed.

This may or may not work for you. Just a matter of trial and error, and trying again until you get it right.
Thanks for heads up @SinisterLex , I don't wanna get kicked out lol

So I am gonna need a checklist to utilise all my time effectively and frequent brakes.

Your schedule is good , few changes and it will work for me , Thanks buddy.

Bellini

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
299%
Mar 26, 2015
Dallas, TX
...they kicked me out. Luckily I was learning copywriting, so I just wrote a letter and persuaded them to let me back in lol.

That's funny. lol

I guess your copywriting expertise has paid off in more ways than one.

sija1

Turning Coffee Into Code
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
162%
Jun 20, 2015
Quebec, Canada
How do you guys cope with too much work ?

Well I can't talk from business side, but from the school-job point of view.

I spent a year (August 2014 - June 2015) having two jobs (40h per week) and full time school (30-35h per week). I skipped some classes from time to time, because of the work. During the day it was school or work, evening work, night studies (I actually have a really high level of focus and concentration during the night, never figured out why) so I didn't sleep much. I would use an hour here and there to take a power nap and it really helped.

shubham525

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
77%
Jul 16, 2015
India
Well I can't talk from business side, but from the school-job point of view.

I spent a year (August 2014 - June 2015) having two jobs (40h per week) and full time school (30-35h per week). I skipped some classes from time to time, because of the work. During the day it was school or work, evening work, night studies (I actually have a really high level of focus and concentration during the night, never figured out why) so I didn't sleep much. I would use an hour here and there to take a power nap and it really helped.

Thats really admirable ! Power naps - Gonna try that.

So is it relaxed nowadays ? or tight schedule ?

sija1

Turning Coffee Into Code
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
162%
Jun 20, 2015
Quebec, Canada
Thats really admirable ! Power naps - Gonna try that.

So is it relaxed nowadays ? or tight schedule ?

I finished school in June and at at the same time one of my jobs was over (it was a student job). Now it's too damn relax. It sounds difficult but once you fully dive in, it becomes a great feeling to know that you are actually moving forward. Currently I have one job, but I keep myself occupied (like yesterday I spent 10 hours coding). I can't wait to launch something, that feeling when you go to bed exhausted, but happy because you keep fighting and knowing you didn't waste any single minute of your day is really beautiful.

shubham525

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
77%
Jul 16, 2015
India
I finished school in June and at at the same time one of my jobs was over (it was a student job). I can't wait to launch something, that feeling when you go to bed exhausted, but happy because you keep fighting and knowing you didn't waste any single minute of your day is really beautiful.
That feeling is really awsome !

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.