The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Free local classfields brochure + webpage

Honk

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
May 4, 2015
Somewhere there
Hello.

I have an idea - similar thing has been working in my 70 000ppl hometown for some years and its webpage is worth now $151,691 ($131000 in 2013), but it also provides local news. Due to my information, there is no other company like this prospering in my present city of living.

Background
I live and work in the 100 000ppl, not rich city. There is no dedicate news and announcements portal for the city, just some dispersed, multilocational pages.

The point
A free A4, 2 sheets for start brochure with local classfields and some ads. The brochure would be a printed version of lets say the first number of entries from my new webpage, where people could add and seek for classfields for free. There could be some ads too, but not interrupting. If someone would like to be sure that his text had been put into the paper, he would have to buy a paid announcement position.

My duties
I would have to learn to and create a website and a simple system of database with the incoming inquiries, which would allow me to quickly pass through, moderate them and allow to be printed in a standarized form. The papers would be available in local groceries for free and I would have to distribute fresh brochures once a week (Saturday).

Scaling limits
Cities' population x number of cities in my country.

Profit
Ads, not much income for start. Building a brand, website positioning, maybe adding content, news, forum, whatever people needs would be. Selling the brand after some time.

Time
Easy to manage - with a good, simple database program, after some time I could hire a low qualified person to do the most time-consuming things for me.

Im working 8h a day now and planning to introduce some significant changes.

Please let me know what do you think about that and advise me if this has potetntial or should I rather seek for another opportunity.

Thanks, I'll be available tomorrow (yes, working ;))

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Honk

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
May 4, 2015
Somewhere there
A little update. I have learnt basics of html, css and some javascript. Webpage in progress. At first i am going to start just a simple portal - my MVP, everything for free. Meanwhile im going to learn how to and create the announcements management program for their quick selection for the future paper version. After that, im going to start publishing. Im curious how would it work :)

DaRK9

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
213%
May 23, 2014
Don't re-invent the wheel. Buy a pre-built classifieds system and customize it.

Honk

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
May 4, 2015
Somewhere there
I think it could be form over content triumph. I think i need a simple website for start to see if people woul d be interested a bit. I also want to develop some web skills :)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.