The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Former NBA All-Star Vin Baker Blew $100 Million, Now Working At Starbucks

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Sorry to go off topic here. But here is an example of bad business on a webpage. Obviously people had problems navigating their site or they would not have needed to add "Click 2 for the next page". So instead of fixing the obvious poor unintuitive navigation, they decided to fix it with a line of text. BTW, I'm ranting because I tried to click the 2 in Click 2 for the next page for a few seconds before I figured out that I needed to click on the orange 2.

That box makes absolutely no sense at all.

Untitled.png

obrian

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Apr 16, 2015
Sorry to go off topic here. But here is an example of bad business on a webpage. Obviously people had problems navigating their site or they would not have needed to add "Click 2 for the next page". So instead of fixing the obvious poor unintuitive navigation, they decided to fix it with a line of text. BTW, I'm ranting because I tried to click the 2 in Click 2 for the next page for a few seconds before I figured out that I needed to click on the orange 2.

That box makes absolutely no sense at all.

View attachment 10255
lol that's true poor design i guess.

Rawr

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
95%
Aug 12, 2007
south florida
You think that's bad Bio, look at the google translation on the spanish NBA site!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-07-30 at 12.23.06 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-07-30 at 12.23.06 AM.png
    153.3 KB · Views: 58

Ryback

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Feb 3, 2012
Silicon Valley
I think Allen Iverson & Mike Tyson are looking for a roommate! :D

The sad part is there are plenty of other pro athletes making the same mistakes right now and we will be reading articles about them in the near future.

Ubermensch

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
Jul 7, 2008
Chicago
lol that's true poor design i guess.

LOL.

"Poor." @Mattie... get it? (hint: it's not a poor choice of words)

This is what happens when you pay people a lot of money for creating no real value. Real value is created by the mind.

An old adage says that a fool and his money are soon parted. Giving dummies lots of cash is like giving a rhinoceros a unicycle: it has absolutely no idea what to do with it. Or, as Gordon Gekko put it, a fool and his money are lucky to get together in the first place.

Anyway, Forbes recently wrote 5 Reasons Why 80% of Retired NFL Players Go Broke.

Reason #1:

1)Lack of competent financial planning advice–Athletes are no different than any other college grads in that they were not trained as undergrads in budgeting, the tax system, and long term financial planning. This is an area of specialized expertise and an athlete receiving large compensation needs a safety net of advisors. Upon signing a potential draftee we encouraged them to pick a qualified financial advisor with a proven track record. These advisors help the athlete put together a budget, follow mutually agreed upon strategies, and protect themselves legally. A community oriented athlete will find beneficial relationships with businessmen off the field who are also willing to help.

When parents, university panels, and alums screen prospective agents and financial planners, it enables the athlete to make a better choice. But many NFLers are approached on campus by financial planners and agents who offer financial inducements to sign with them. Some financial planners ask players to sign power of attorney enabling the advisor to make investments or withdraw money without prior authorization–this is fraught with peril.

The NFLPA has tried to protect players financially. They have a program that scrutinizes financial planners and only allows referrals to the planners who they approve. The NFLPA offers education in the financial areas in a variety of ways. The NFL holds a mandatory seminar for draft picks that also tries to warn and protect them. Some athletes do not avail themselves of any of these protections.

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.