The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

ForeverJobless Podcast

snowbank

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
226%
Aug 10, 2007
Austin, TX
I just launched a podcast for entrepreneurs: http://foreverjobless.com/podcastlaunch/

I'm hoping this podcast can help with a lot of problems/questions entrepreneurs struggle with.

I'm trying to put something out that gets deeper into why someone is failing or succeeding than the current podcasts on the market.

I'm doing a variety of shows, such as:

1. 'Shooting the shit' episodes where myself and another entrepreneur just talk openly about different subjects as if there were no mic in the room.
2. In depth conversations about people's projects.
3. Discussion on topics I think are important such as 'Millionaire's Math' /'Entrepreneurial Diworsification'/'Bootscaling' type concepts

The goal is to reach/help a lot more people, a lot more quickly than I could on my blog. Blog posts take a ridiculous amount of time to write, and is not as strong of a platform, so hopefully I'll be able to put out 5-10x+ the content in the same amount of time, without the quality suffering too much, and reach 20-30x the amount of people.

Fastlaner @Likwid24 makes an early appearance, and gives @MJ DeMarco props for helping him start his journey, and talks about what it took to get The Paint Brush Cover where it is today. We chat about how much money it cost him to start, what his profit margins are, getting into big box retail stores, getting product from China, keystone pricing, the patent process, and his future plans for the company.

We've got a follow up episode coming out where Sal and I break down marketing ideas post-Shark Tank on the fly, to help compound the exposure from the show.

If you guys/gals find the shows helpful, I would love an iTunes review— it would help a lot for reasons I explain in episode #5.

I'm a newb on the mic, but hopefully you get some value out of the shows as I improve my podcast game.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:
D

Deleted15476

Brother I love your podcast. Very raw and honest. Curious to know what businesses you currently run and how they are doing. Other than those listed on the site.

snowbank

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
226%
Aug 10, 2007
Austin, TX
Currently #1 overall worldwide for Business: Management/Marketing, and #4 for overall Business category.

Thank you for the support!

Screen Shot 2014-04-07 at 7.32.42 PM.png

Screen Shot 2014-04-07 at 7.35.21 PM.png

spoonerism

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
55%
Mar 29, 2014
Kansas City
UPDATE: I have found a website that does the URL extraction for the itunes feed - http://itunes.so-nik.com/ - This allowed me to get the raw podcast URL(http://foreverjobless.com/category/podcast/feed/). Please let me know if you have a problem with this link being here and I will gladly edit my post and take it down. Cheers!

What is the podcast feed URL? I would love to subscribe, but I'd prefer to not use iTunes. I checked your site, but didn't see a link to the feed. Little help?

Thanks.

Last edited:

snowbank

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
226%
Aug 10, 2007
Austin, TX
Curious to know what businesses you currently run and how they are doing. Other than those listed on the site.

I've spent some time just investing/being semi-passive the last few years. I found the 4-Hour Workweek lifestyle is not for me though(it's pretty unfulfilling), so I've been more actively investing/advising lately, and am moving more towards putting close to all of my effort into one project.(possibly building ForeverJobless into a large platform to be able to help a much greater number of entrepreneurs than I could being a part-time, casual blogger)

I tried starting up a couple projects and then instantly outsourcing them/being completely hands off, and found that is definitely not the way to go. As fun/nice as it sounds in theory, the theory doesn't play out.(I'll probably do some really in depth podcasts on these subjects)

Investing stuff I've been doing is anything from hard money lending, to stock, to small niche businesses.(will be covering all this soon too)

snowbank

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
226%
Aug 10, 2007
Austin, TX
G

Guest12120

I just listened to the episode 4 - Interview with Sal. Loved it! Great content. A lot of good behind the scenes info. Great questions.

Great job @snowbank! I will listen to the remaining episodes probably tomorrow.

1step

Gold Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
231%
Dec 4, 2012
Kentucky
Yup... Looking forward to this, subscribed, downloaded and rep+

Thanks Billy!

DennisD

Mini Media Mogul
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
216%
Jun 16, 2012
Bali, Indonesia
Subscribed, downloaded all 5 episodes, 5 stars, and commented.
Good content.

I think you need to get a little more excitable behind the mic. Not really feeling that RAW ENERGY or excitement coming off of you.
Whenever I hire voice actors and I get that 'stiff' feeling out of them, I take away their bench which forces them to STAND.
For some reason, when you're smiling and on your feet your voice just comes alive. Next solo episode you have give that a shot and see what happens.

Last year I made my first attempt at podcasting and I did what I normally do and I OVERPRODUCED the hell out of I didn't want to enter a new medium unless it brought something new and genrebreaking to the table... I wanted a podcast that SOUNDED differently than everything else that was out there:
https://soundcloud.com/castleforgem...castleforgemedia/sets/castleforge-media-video

Took way too much time. The content creation took so long I was having trouble keeping up with client work so I had to stop.
I always thought that I'd win a podcast award with this style since I don't know of anybody else doing it.

snowbank

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
226%
Aug 10, 2007
Austin, TX

snowbank

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
226%
Aug 10, 2007
Austin, TX
I think you need to get a little more excitable behind the mic. Not really feeling that RAW ENERGY or excitement coming off of you. Whenever I hire voice actors and I get that 'stiff' feeling out of them, I take away their bench which forces them to STAND. For some reason, when you're smiling and on your feet your voice just comes alive. Next solo episode you have give that a shot and see what happens

I really like this idea!

G

Guest12120

Anything specific that really hit for you?
It was interesting to find out how much time and money it took to bring the product to where it is right now. I was actually pretty surprised how expensive it is to create a mold for a simple product like PBC and how much time it took.
It just shows the level of dedication and commitment Sal and his partners have.

If you liked that one I think you'll really enjoy the 2nd episode with Sal(should be out within 24 hours).
I will def listen to it when it comes out.

I'd love to do more of whatever is working for future episodes.
I'd love to hear about e-commerce. Maybe you can share some strategies that work with your online stores. I'm about to launch my own product so I look for tips on how to create effective product listings.

snowbank

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
226%
Aug 10, 2007
Austin, TX
I was actually pretty surprised how expensive it is to create a mold for a simple product like PBC and how much time it took

Ditto, I learned a lot.

Maybe you can share some strategies that work with your online stores. I'm about to launch my own product so I look for tips on how to create effective product listings.

I didn't do much operating of my stores so not sure I'd be the best person for that. @biophase might know. Other than have a great picture, write good copy(almost no one does this with e-com stores), make it easy to get product into cart/check out, spend a lot of time making sure it converts well— I wouldn't be of much help past that(although I'm not sure what else specifically you'd be interested in).

Likwid24

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
295%
Mar 26, 2011
Staten Island, NY

Eskil

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
418%
Jul 18, 2012
Scottsdale, AZ
Very cool! Downloaded all 5 episodes and will give them a listen.

Also, you could easily monetize this with Patreon;
http://www.patreon.com/

It's sort of like crowdfunding - but instead of a lump, one-time sum - people can support your podcast on a monthly basis with donations.

1step

Gold Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
231%
Dec 4, 2012
Kentucky
Just listened to the second episode with Sal. I really like the brainstorm format. I listen to quite a few podcasts regularly and I haven't heard anything like the brainstorm session you all did, I found it really entertaining and insightful. I definitely think you are onto something with that.

I also like the informal tone. One thing I don't like about Entrepreneur on Fire is the questions are always the exact same and very scripted, this was a real conversation which was nice to listen to. Keep up the good work

-L-

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
63%
Nov 26, 2012
Brussels, Belgium
Hi Bill,

I subscribed to your podcast and listened to the first 4 episodes. It was great.

What I like:
- Intro/Outro song
- the tone and conversation like podcast
- the "thinking out of the box" mentality you're trying to teach your listeners

Room for improvements:
- Talk a bit more about your successes. You said you knew how to make money but I was looking for specific examples
- Introduce your guests and refer to them by their name during the episode. In the middle of episode 2, I was wondering who your guest was...

Good luck and keep up the good work.

LiveTheWay

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
328%
Feb 18, 2014
Middle of New York State
You have some great stuff and I believe you will be very successful with this effort. I agree with -L- on his points and would add that, the profanity in podcast #2 was a big turn off for me. I may be in the minority and that's fine, but I just want to share with you my honest reaction. To me, if you are reaching out to/informing/educating the the public, it comes off as unprofessional to have anything but the occasional departure from mild language. Ok, I hope I did not earn a "judgemental Prude" label on FLF for saying this. I REALLY LIKE (AND WILL BE A FOLLOWER OF) THE SITE/PODCAST ;-)

Thanks for putting out some very good content so far! I look forward to seeing you grow.

Formless

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Oct 27, 2013
The profanity turned you from 'The host of the foreverjobless podcast' to 'Billy'. I want to hear humans. Not mythical unicorns.

But I swear a lot.

Don't overproduce. I noticed you put reverb on one of them. Be careful with FX. The general rule with vocal FX is 'if someone can hear the effect, you've overdone it.'

I really like it, keep it up.

Andur

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Mar 4, 2014
San Francisco
Just downloaded - listening now. Interesting so far! Will spend some more time on this...

I'm curious what equipment you're using? It may be an odd thing to say, but I don't feel "comfortable" with the sound quality. It might be a combination of the editing or the quality of the mic that you're using...I'm not educated on the subject enough to know. It's not bad, but it just doesn't have that high quality sound that you want/expect from a podcast.

snowbank

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
226%
Aug 10, 2007
Austin, TX
Also, you could easily monetize this with Patreon;
http://www.patreon.com/

It's sort of like crowdfunding - but instead of a lump, one-time sum - people can support your podcast on a monthly basis with donations.

Interesting. I haven't really tried to monetize blog or podcast at this point, but that's a pretty cool model.

snowbank

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
226%
Aug 10, 2007
Austin, TX
Just listened to the second episode with Sal. I really like the brainstorm format. I listen to quite a few podcasts regularly and I haven't heard anything like the brainstorm session you all did, I found it really entertaining and insightful. I definitely think you are onto something with that.

Thank you! What was your opinion on the 3 types of guest formats I've tried so far?

Open convo(like episode 2)
In depth chat about how someone did what they did(like episode 4)
Brainstorm session(like episode 6)

snowbank

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
226%
Aug 10, 2007
Austin, TX
Hi Bill,

I subscribed to your podcast and listened to the first 4 episodes. It was great.

What I like:
- Intro/Outro song
- the tone and conversation like podcast
- the "thinking out of the box" mentality you're trying to teach your listeners

Room for improvements:
- Talk a bit more about your successes. You said you knew how to make money but I was looking for specific examples
- Introduce your guests and refer to them by their name during the episode. In the middle of episode 2, I was wondering who your guest was...

Good luck and keep up the good work.

This was really awesome feedback. Thank you.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.