The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Forced into your heart: How to combat getting burned

Anything related to matters of the mind

RogueInnovation

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Jul 28, 2013
I'm still learning this but I'll share it anyways.

I had one sh#t month not long ago. It wasn't the money. In fact, I did laugh when the problem came up, because I'm so confident with making my bills that I hold myself just as if a favorite song of mine is playing. So when I was hit by the reality, that there is hate in people's heart, and that not all things about finance can be fixed with money, you can understand my SHOCK.

Long story short, I got through it like a beast, and I'm recovering and learning my lessons. Preparing for the next run in with this little f#cker, so I don't get shivved again.

So anyways, its not the MONEY that is your only problem. Once you solve your cashflow, I am giving you this WARNING, be very careful, because "good people" carry hate in them, and will stab you with it and inject their hate into your heart - through their scisms and jerky ACTIONS with money and assets - because they are desperate or weak or seeking the next level.

The hate they inject is because they have no RATIONAL purpose for money and rely on sh#t to motivate them. This means their actions are based on unbearable fear.

How do you avoid it?

Do not build on anything that can be impacted by fear.
WITHOUT A VERY LONG THOUGHT PROCESS

It is impulsivity that leaves you OPEN to getting shivved
You have to start being critical of all things you associate with and be aware of all the ways they will break.

Secondly, you must exude not a image of richness but of knowledge, enough to COMMAND respect that is not asked for with polite courtesy (don't be mr nice, no need to be bad, thats worse, know the score know the danger).
If you don't know the danger, you will FEEL the danger.

Third, dark alleyways are not just in the streets, be aware of anything that has no public exposure, especially anything that has "personal/favor" like strings attatched.
Personal strings are pulled by personal circumstance and only tempered by impulse control, which most lack.
If you act like a chum, you will be used as chum.

Rely most, on strange and momentary generosity, not long term "virtue", as a practice (short win win moments). All virtue requires management, and people eventually want that to be a paid service, retroactively.
Be aware of "retroactive" debt.

The smoothest seas should be questioned the deepest.
Head into a storm before one starts on your doorstep.
No matter how much you prize what you have make sure you can liquidate FAST
Always clear a way out that is realistic.
Consider
Health concerns
Interupted processes
Damage to relationships
Intrusiveness of exhaustion

That which you feed validation will eat you, not save you, that which you force to be self reliant and are patient with can save your a$$
Validation seekers only know one thing, blowing stuff up. Don't be their pawn.
Whenever you are in a buyer or pawn like position you have to negate the sellers force in order to get proper perspective.
Never hook in with their dream, because dreams TURN into storms FASTER than anything.

Alright,
My point is to not run around like every road is safe. Treat it as a jungle. And be a hunter.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
I agree some people don't know when to stop! People just have a personal problem at times. Why react when they deliberately choose to harm out of their ignorance and ego. I would love to rant at this moment, but why waste my energy on some person that is totally oblivious to be personally developed emotionally, mentally, and spiritually. A waste of my time and energy.

jpmartin

Jedi Master
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
82%
Sep 7, 2013
My point is to not run around like every road is safe. Treat it as a jungle. And be a hunter.

I'm still thinking over this hunter vs farmer mentality.

Hunter meaning, go after the kill... that's it, do the deal. It's short term, no one knows about tomorrow. You're like the lion who can't eat grass!

The other side, is the farmer... you take time, nurture, settle down, invest for the long run (without expecting too much in the beginning)... you harvest later on.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
Our society teaches us to hunt our prey and go for the kill. Fortunately, the farmer method does seem to work better. Everyone in society just doesn't have the patience or time to wait for the harvest. So they go kill and think it's quicker. It may be quicker in the sense that someone gets harmed, you cheated someone, and of course the end result, you were successful for about five minutes. You don't know went wrong. And ask :Why do you keep getting the same results.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.