The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Feeling a lack of motivation? Check this out..

Anything related to matters of the mind

Formless

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Oct 27, 2013
Anyone else get irritated by motivational videos?

Formless

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Oct 27, 2013
It doesn't reflect the process, for me at least.

I used to think that 'being motivated' is this permanent orgasm.

That you walk around jacked on this feeling called 'determination' all the time. Now I realize that barring some uncertainties, achieving shit is no different from brushing your teeth;

You don't sing motivational songs about it
You don't think about it
You just do it
Every day
Bit by bit.

And the rest just 'happens.'

Notice how 'natural entrepreneurs' never even talk about 'succeeding as bad as you wanna breathe.' They just do the thing and get the results.

Also,when you keep using stupid, but ego-gratifying words like 'grind' to describe clicking a F*cking mouse in photoshop trying to optimize conversions on a banner ad, you essentially take tasks that are 'frustrating' or 'irritating' at best, and turn them into 'SACRIFICE!' 'HARD WORK!' 'DISCIPLINE!' 'DETERMINATION!'

And (for me) all that shit does is weigh me down. Everyone is different, but to me every time I try to be superhuman, life reminds me that I am not.

I am midway through building an infoprod right now. It's not a 'GRIND.' Sure, I have days of shitty motivation - so I take a nap, or watch cat videos, then get back on the horse.

But it COULD be a 'grind'. I COULD be here telling myself how much better I am than the slowlaners and sidewalkers. How much I 'sacrifice'. How 'hard I work' (talk into a microphone and press buttons while drinking delicious green tea).

Again, this is just my own way. Everyone has their own. I was just wondering if anyone else was in my boat.

BTW I am not knocking motivational videos from an objective standpoint. If they do it for you - that's excellent, continue to use them to your utmost advantage.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Digamma

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
301%
Nov 13, 2014
Of course. Motivation is entertainment - it gives you the dopamine fix you need to feel pumped up.
It's a product for the masses, in the same category as fast weight loss with no diet and get rich quick schemes.
You read of the amazing technique and you feel
You watch

At the end of the day, motivation is for the weak.
Come on, what the F*ck do you need motivation for? You don't need to want to do something, you just need to do it.
If you can't muster up the strength to beat your laziness to pursue something you want, you're better off finding an office job where you can pass days on Facebook and complain about the job in the weekends. It's ok. Not everybody has to build an empire.

Now, of course, somebody will take upon themselves to show me the error of my ways to protect their precious ego.
But this is the pure, unadulterated truth, and it's time we say it because people need to wake the F*ck up instead of watching dumb videos shot by marketers and scammers. The moment you actually understand how real, internal motivation works you will cringe watching these videos - or better, you won't watch them because you'll be too busy getting shit done.

BTW I am not knocking motivational videos from an objective standpoint. If they do it for you - that's excellent, continue to use them to your utmost advantage.
Just to be clear, I definitely am knocking down motivational video from an objective standpoint. And I'm doing it not because I want to bash on people like the OP, but because I want them to empower themselves to choose a mission and seeing it through and feel how amazing that is.

Last edited:

Grinning-Jack

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
82%
Mar 8, 2015
Manny Pacquiao [a boxer] earned 2 buck for his 1st fight when he was 12 years old. This weekend, Manny will get $120 million for the richest boxing match in history.

My post isn't about the boxing, sport or money. This is about motivation.

Brentnal

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
53%
Jan 23, 2013
Netherlands/Sidewalk

Well... i used to watch them but now i try to do things instead of watching them, i learned it gives more motivation from taking action. Not that i take alot of action but when i do it feels greater than watching motivational vids.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

FastLanePursuer

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Oct 11, 2012
Bay Area, CA
It doesn't reflect the process, for me at least.

I used to think that 'being motivated' is this permanent orgasm.

That you walk around jacked on this feeling called 'determination' all the time. Now I realize that barring some uncertainties, achieving shit is no different from brushing your teeth;

You don't sing motivational songs about it
You don't think about it
You just do it
Every day
Bit by bit.

And the rest just 'happens.'

Notice how 'natural entrepreneurs' never even talk about 'succeeding as bad as you wanna breathe.' They just do the thing and get the results.

Also,when you keep using stupid, but ego-gratifying words like 'grind' to describe clicking a F*cking mouse in photoshop trying to optimize conversions on a banner ad, you essentially take tasks that are 'frustrating' or 'irritating' at best, and turn them into 'SACRIFICE!' 'HARD WORK!' 'DISCIPLINE!' 'DETERMINATION!'

And (for me) all that shit does is weigh me down. Everyone is different, but to me every time I try to be superhuman, life reminds me that I am not.

I am midway through building an infoprod right now. It's not a 'GRIND.' Sure, I have days of shitty motivation - so I take a nap, or watch cat videos, then get back on the horse.

But it COULD be a 'grind'. I COULD be here telling myself how much better I am than the slowlaners and sidewalkers. How much I 'sacrifice'. How 'hard I work' (talk into a microphone and press buttons while drinking delicious green tea).

Again, this is just my own way. Everyone has their own. I was just wondering if anyone else was in my boat.

Of course. Motivation is entertainment - it gives you the dopamine fix you need to feel pumped up.
It's a product for the masses, in the same category as fast weight loss with no diet and get rich quick schemes.
You read of the amazing technique and you feel
You watch

At the end of the day, motivation is for the weak.
Come on, what the F*ck do you need motivation for? You don't need to want to do something, you just need to do it.
If you can't muster up the strength to beat your laziness to pursue something you want, you're better off finding an office job where you can pass days on Facebook and complain about the job in the weekends. It's ok. Not everybody has to build an empire.

Now, of course, somebody will take upon themselves to show me the error of my ways to protect their precious ego.
But this is the pure, unadulterated truth, and it's time we say it because people need to wake the F*ck up instead of watching dumb videos shot by marketers and scammers. The moment you actually understand how real, internal motivation works you will cringe watching these videos - or better, you won't watch them because you'll be too busy getting shit done.

Just to be clear, I definitely am knocking down motivational video from an objective standpoint. And I'm doing it not because I want to bash on people like the OP, but because I want them to empower themselves to choose a mission and seeing it through and feel how amazing that is.

You should take it easy, it's really not that serious.

What works for one, may not work for another.

It's only bad if you don't do anything after watching it.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.