The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Facebook Likes To Webpage - Whats the point?

Marketing, social media, advertising

eqttrdr

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
55%
Aug 25, 2013
Sorry.. I just dont get it and I cannot figure it out.

Sure.. getting people to like your Facebook page is great because now your posts will appear on some of their newsfeeds and you also gain a list of people interested in your business that you can advertise to..

However... when people put the "like" button on their website page... whats the point?

they dont get subscribed to your FB page, you dont get any data about them, no useful or actionable information is captured and after my own testing found visitors on my site will click a like button on my website just because its there.. not that they are actually interested in the product or would ever buy it.

So what exactly is the point of a "like" button on your website page? I feel it serves ZERO purpose but obviously I am wrong here because its on every ecommerce site and even this own forum....

I HAVE to be missing something....

FB "page like" I get... FB "website like" I dont

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
Well you cant just throw some buttons on your page and expect them to magically make you rich. Just because everybody has the button doesnt mean that everybody SHOULD have it and SHOULD have it placed at that spot. Most people just dont know better and do what everybody is doing (like you).

Use social buttons strategically in the right spots to get people to be ambassadors for your brand. When are people most likely to click like or share? After they bought, or even better, after they received your product and love it. Even better if the like/share is personalized and not just a link to your generic product page. So, find a way to let them share that moment with their friends -> profit.

Javier

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Aug 8, 2014
I don't know how well it works on an ecommerce site but on some of my sites people using the fb button to share brings in traffic. The most social traffic is from FB, but from sharing, not having an fb page which is now worthless unless you pay or have very high interaction from followers and therefore still get decent reach.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
So what exactly is the point of a "like" button on your website page?

It's a supplement to your customer list. And lists in business are everything.

Just to give you an example, anytime I share forum content on my FB page the forum traffic jumps by about 20%. So is "more traffic" a good enough answer for you?

eqttrdr

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
55%
Aug 25, 2013
So is "more traffic" a good enough answer for you?

yes.. if I were referring to a FB page like... 100% agree

I am talking about a website page FB "like" click... the traffic is already on your website to click the like button.

Not referring to FB page likes

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I am talking about a website page FB "like" click... the traffic is already on your website to click the like button.

Most of the traffic here is unregistered. If they click LIKE I have a chance to reach them, even if they maybe only visited for 15 minutes. I have no way of reaching unregistered traffic.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.