The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Exclusive: Tequila and Ice Cream!

Bosstradamus

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Dec 22, 2013
Los Angeles, CA
Due to popular demand for events such as Beer & Pancakes and due to being called out by a certain forum contributor (@zen******* ) I have decided to create a similar event for later this year.

For those of who were not able to attend this years B&P there is no excuses anymore! Between Beer & Pancakes (B&P), Business & Brewskis (B&B), Tequila & Ice Cream (T&I) and the possibility of another Capitalism & Bacon (C&P), there are 3-4 events y'all have a chance to go to!

Like many of you I was not able to attend B&P. Zen called me out to not wait and make my own, so here it is.

===>Details<===

Dates:
August Tentative.
I by no means want to conflict with B&B; @Get Right please pm me if there is a conflict with your new dates. @Kak or anyone setting up C&P likewise pm if there will be conflict

San Diego, CA. ALL YOU SoCal PEEPS. No excuses! (please pm if you'd like to help set it up, it would be much appreciated)

Format:
15-20 presentation. There are no restrictions. Everyone can learn from each other.

Purpose:
The purpose of the event is to get a chance to meet and network with like minded people and to learn from each others experiences whether in entrepreneurial ventures or life itself

Exclusivity:
I'm going to set the limit of people to 20 for now.

***Ticket Prices, hard dates and location will be posted here***

---------------------------------
This event, just like B&P, is not sponsored by or affiliated in any way with MJ DeMarco, The Fastlane Forum or Viperion Publishing
---------------------------------

PS.

Thank you @zen******* for calling me out, @JasonR for answering my B&P questions and @IceCreamKid for the thread title idea.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Bosstradamus

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Dec 22, 2013
Los Angeles, CA
Please feel free to show your interest in attending by posting in here or if you'd like, pm me

this way I can gauge how many people are willing and able to attend

Last edited:

jon.a

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Sep 29, 2012
Near San Diego
Please feel free to show your interest in attending by posting in here or if you'd like, pm me

this way I can gauge how many people are willing and able to attend
Me and Mrs jon are likely.

JasonR

Maverick
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
544%
May 29, 2012
Las Vegas
If it was in San Diego I would book a ticket yesterday.

jon.a

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Sep 29, 2012
Near San Diego
Well alrighty then. It looks like it'll be in San Diego. I'll start calling venues near the airport

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
Not so fast.
I wasn't asking for San Diego (that would have been unreasonable) and I'm not sure if Jason was serious.

Bosstradamus

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Dec 22, 2013
Los Angeles, CA
Not so fast.
I wasn't asking for San Diego (that would have been unreasonable) and I'm not sure if Jason was serious.

Honestly I have no problem doing it in San Diego :) . Its not that far of a drive for me. I really just want to make it happen.

It might actually be better because there are plenty of hotel venue options and after event activities that are close to the airport

jon.a

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Sep 29, 2012
Near San Diego
Honestly I have no problem doing it in San Diego :) . Its not that far of a drive for me. I really just want to make it happen.

It might actually be better because there are plenty of hotel venue options and after event activities that are close to the airport
Just for clarity, we live so far out in the sticks that either way we'll get a room.
Do a poll and pick what's best for most.

Mrs. BRKb

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
142%
Apr 27, 2008
USA
Two airport area hotels with free airport shuttles, at least when I was there last:

Sheraton San Diego Hotel & Marina
1380 Harbor Island Drive, San Diego
California 92101, United States
Phone: (619) 291-2900 Fax: (619) 692-2337

HOLIDAY INN SAN DIEGO - BAYSIDE
4875 NORTH HARBOR DRIVE
SAN DIEGO, CA 92106
Front Desk: 1-619-2243621

Last edited:

Bosstradamus

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Dec 22, 2013
Los Angeles, CA
Two airport area hotels with free airport shuttles, at least when I was there last.

Sheraton San Diego Hotel & Marina
1380 Harbor Island Drive, San Diego
California 92101, United States
Phone: (619) 291-2900 Fax: (619) 692-2337

HOLIDAY INN SAN DIEGO - BAYSIDE
4875 NORTH HARBOR DRIVE
SAN DIEGO, CA 92106
Front Desk: 1-619-2243621

Thanks for the info!

Bosstradamus

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Dec 22, 2013
Los Angeles, CA
Comic con is that same weekend so it would be too hectic and pricey. Plus it looks like c&b will happen in June which makes 2 events close in time.

I'll move it to August. Probably the first weekend.... which is only a week later lol

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

JasonR

Maverick
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
544%
May 29, 2012
Las Vegas
A poll would be good...I would love to meet in San Diego, but if that's not what everyone wants, no reason to move it solely on me.

I know there are a few people in the Southern California area on this forum...may want to get their opinions on a time/date.

P.S. > C&B was in a forum member's office. No reason that same sort of deal couldn't work out for this event, and would be less expensive.

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas
P.S. > C&B was in a forum member's office. No reason that same sort of deal couldn't work out for this event, and would be less expensive.

Not all of it Jason. The majority was at the hotel and we did have a presentation at an office.

JasonR

Maverick
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
544%
May 29, 2012
Las Vegas
My bad Greg - thought it was all at Z's office.

Bosstradamus

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Dec 22, 2013
Los Angeles, CA
Update:

I've contacted a number of hotels in San Diego near the airport and in/near the Gaslamp Quarter. I'm waiting for their proposals

Bosstradamus

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Dec 22, 2013
Los Angeles, CA
Okay peoples the information you've been waiting for

I've been talking with a few hotels in the Gaslamp Quarter of San Diego. This area is only about 4 miles away from the airport and holds many options for food and play after the meetings. The hotels I've been in contact with are 3.7 - 4 star range. The group rates are between $170-$200 per room per night. If this seems high there is no shame in sharing a room which would bring that to $85-$100 a night. Tickets would be around $170.

$170 Ticket includes breakfast and lunch

I'm going to need at least 20 people committed to going, to make this happen. So far 7 people have shown interest.

P.S.

If you have any hotel hook ups or suggestions please pm me I can use all the help I can get.

P.S.S

Hotel Circle which just as close to the airport most likely has lower prices but is further from all the food and drink spots. I will be contacting hotels there as well

randomnumber314

speed of a drunk camel
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
227%
Jan 7, 2014
Minnesoooota,USA
Okay peoples the information you've been waiting for

I've been talking with a few hotels in the Gaslamp Quarter of San Diego. This area is only about 4 miles away from the airport and holds many options for food and play after the meetings. The hotels I've been in contact with are 3.7 - 4 star range. The group rates are between $170-$200 per room per night. If this seems high there is no shame in sharing a room which would bring that to $85-$100 a night. Tickets would be around $170.

$170 Ticket includes breakfast and lunch

I'm going to need at least 20 people committed to going, to make this happen. So far 7 people have shown interest.

P.S.

If you have any hotel hook ups or suggestions please pm me I can use all the help I can get.

P.S.S

Hotel Circle which just as close to the airport most likely has lower prices but is further from all the food and drink spots. I will be contacting hotels there as well

I don't know if it matters, maybe some South California people can chime in, but from the one vacation I took to San Diego the hotels by the airport were pretty dumpy. Have we nailed down an exact date?

Bosstradamus

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Dec 22, 2013
Los Angeles, CA
Oh yes... probably THE most important info lol. The dates will most likely be August 1-3.

None of these hotels are right by the airport. Theyre in Gaslamp Quarter. All restaurants and bars are walking distance

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007
Not meaning to hijack the thread but, I am going to be in San Diego for a convention from Sunday through Tuesday. The convention is at the Sheraton.

Bosstradamus

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Dec 22, 2013
Los Angeles, CA
Not meaning to hijack the thread but, I am going to be in San Diego for a convention from Sunday through Tuesday. The convention is at the Sheraton.

That same weekend?

If so you should get there a few days early and join the meet up lol

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007
That same weekend?

If so you should get there a few days early and join the meet up lol
Sorry. I'm going this weekend. The talk about the hotels was going on while I was setting up my trip. Just thought it was a coincidence.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.