The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Entrepreneurs: Would you want to work for yourself?

Ask me anything!

QueenVictoria

New Contributor
Aug 27, 2014
Everyone wants to be an entrepreneur these days. Question is: Would you want to work for yourself, if you were the boss?

What makes you a great leader?

What kind of boss would you be?

How would you treat and compensate your employees?

Any input welcomed.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Nate-NewVenture

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
32%
Aug 31, 2014
Lomita, CA
Ever heard the term: A Boss tells, a Leader teaches"? I keep that in mind whenever I'm in a position of power. That holds true when working for yourself too. If you tell yourself to do, you may get it done short term but if you teach yourself something, that's long term. Now this not to say that you lead everyone. Some people just want to be told what to do. The trick is identifying the difference in your peers and subordinates. Who wants to be told to do things and who wants to be lead.

I think more people in power need to look at what type of person they are, what type of person they want to be, and what type of person others see them as. It's kind of a built in checks-and-balances within yourself. It's easy to sit back and enjoy the ride. To better yourself and the environment around you; that's the real strength in my opinion.

As far as compensation, that should also be a fluid process. Why anyone gets paid (and get raises) at a company that's bleeding money (trickle or gush) is beyond me. Earn your keep. Always.

Just my 2 cents.

\000/,
Nate-NewVentures

Everyone wants to be an entrepreneur these days. Question is: Would you want to work for yourself, if you were the boss?

What makes you a great leader?

What kind of boss would you be?

How would you treat and compensate your employees?

Any input welcomed.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.