The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Dropping shipping from China – Chinese EMS any reliable/timeframe of shipping

johk

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Jul 21, 2013
Hi,

I am looking at drop-shipping a product sourced from a Chinese manufacturer. At the moment I trying to work out the shipping costs.

The product I am looking at weigh about 6.5kg and with DHL and UPS it will cost you an arm and leg to ship.

It is considerably cheaper using Chinese EMS but I am not sure about their reliability and also how long it takes for items to arrive in the states.

Anyone have any experience with them?

Thanks,
J

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Ecom man

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
496%
Apr 17, 2014
Hi,

I am looking at drop-shipping a product sourced from a Chinese manufacturer. At the moment I trying to work out the shipping costs.

The product I am looking at weigh about 6.5kg and with DHL and UPS it will cost you an arm and leg to ship.

It is considerably cheaper using Chinese EMS but I am not sure about their reliability and also how long it takes for items to arrive in the states.

Thanks,
J
Don't do it.

Order from China then resell fine, but drop shipping from there is just asking for trouble and upset customers. Every cheap shipping option will take from 14-30+ days to get to the US. Where are you selling these drop shipped items at? If your answer is eBay or Amazon hop on eBay and read the 1000's of negative feedbacks left for all the people who drop ship from China. If your own website, how many repeat customers will you have when they are irate that shipping took a month.

Boo Blizzi

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Mar 3, 2009
I just had something delivered via EMS... took about a week.

The US postal mailman brought the package to the door.

Kyle Tully

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
362%
Jul 13, 2014
Sydney, Australia
It's hit and miss depending on the supplier.

Some suppliers are great. Others are horrible. And some good ones turn bad.

After ferreting out the bad guys most of our drop shipped stuff gets to the US or Aus in about a week, all sent via EMS.

Much of drop shipping is numbers and customer service. As long as the great majority of your stuff arrives in good time and you handle the few slow ones with great customer service then you should be fine.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

caezlar

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
24%
Apr 11, 2014
HK,China
Hi,

Thanks,
J
by DHL is around $70, 3-4days. EMS is around $58, 5-7days,but EMS is not reliability, I send products by EMS only when the product is difficult for custom clearance,such as battery or liquids.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.