The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

DreamsCameTrue , Luffy and Others Interview

Luffy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
Dec 20, 2014
So this was made on his behalf, I sent him a private message asking a few questions but he thought it would be better if everyone else could see it when he answers. Here are the questions I asked him in the private message.

Looking back what is the most important lesson you have learned?

If you had to start over again, what would you not do?

What are your top favorite books?

The spotlight is yours DCT.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
jj4s5.jpg

DreamsCameTrue

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
334%
Jun 29, 2014
Hollywood Hills
Most of the lessons I learned completely line up with what's in the Millionaire Fastlane book. I've never read something that so closely reflected the correct process of succeeding before. Looking back in hindsight, I can see a lot of the things I was doing right over the years.

I'm a producer. I have around 75 or 80 info products. I'm always producing new stuff. That is probably the best lesson.

If I had to start again, I probably would embrace marketing sooner. For years I was too negative on marketing. I used to say "oh wow that stuff is awful and cheesy" when I would see internet sales pages in my industry. Word of mouth was great for a while, but when it slowed down, I had no marketing infrastructure to fall back on, so I had to build it 7 years in.

My favorite books are Unlimited Power from Tony Robbins, Millionaire Fastlane of course, and the E myth Revisited.

To be totally honest I don't read a lot of books. I look for a book that has great ideas, and then I spend my time implementing those ideas until I feel I have gotten everything out of it. I will not move on to the next book until I am finished implementing what I learned before. I feel that too much reading can confuse you and take you off track. Knowledge is nothing without application, and I've believed that for many years. You learn a little by reading, but mostly by doing. Experience is more valuable than words on a page. The books are simply starting points to taking massive action and spending anywhere from 6-18 months applying what you read. IMO it takes a minimum of 6 months to apply everything in a good book. So if I find something I like, I generally won't pick up anything else for at least 6 months.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
@Luffy

You're next.

Same questions.

GO.

Luffy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
Dec 20, 2014
@Luffy

You're next.

Same questions.

GO.

Most important life lesson for me has been to never give up. When you're at your lowest few things get you through more than stubborn persistence.

I would not change anything because I wouldn't be the person I am today.

Top favorite books: TMF is one, 48 Laws of Power, The Art of Seduction, Way of The Superior Man, Awaken the Giant Within

From now on I will follow DCT's example of truly implementing everything from a book before I move on.

Since you put me on the spot, I want to do the same thing.

Same questions, GO.

davedev

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
371%
Jun 3, 2013
Florida
To be totally honest I don't read a lot of books. I look for a book that has great ideas, and then I spend my time implementing those ideas until I feel I have gotten everything out of it. I will not move on to the next book until I am finished implementing what I learned before. I feel that too much reading can confuse you and take you off track. Knowledge is nothing without application, and I've believed that for many years. You learn a little by reading, but mostly by doing. Experience is more valuable than words on a page. The books are simply starting points to taking massive action and spending anywhere from 6-18 months applying what you read. IMO it takes a minimum of 6 months to apply everything in a good book. So if I find something I like, I generally won't pick up anything else for at least 6 months.

This is gold. Just wanted to highlight it.

Saying you read a book is an event. What you've described here is the process that has the potential to put wisdom (and dollars) in your pocket.

IceCreamKid

With Great Power Comes Great Electricity Bill
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
2,185%
Jun 8, 2010
California
If I had to start again, I probably would embrace marketing sooner. For years I was too negative on marketing. I used to say "oh wow that stuff is awful and cheesy" when I would see internet sales pages in my industry. Word of mouth was great for a while, but when it slowed down, I had no marketing infrastructure to fall back on, so I had to build it 7 years in.

Damn man, I walked that exact same route too.

If I were to do it all over again, I'd become a hardcore student of marketing before anything else. Back in the day I'd say stuff like, "If I could just get that one idea, I'd make millions". I find myself far more marketing focused than ever before.

Likwid's paintbrush cover is the perfect example of how marketing is king. There is a clone of his product in stores. The clone made it into stores months before Likwid's product. As far as I can tell they serve the same purpose. Same value. Yet Likwid's is far outselling the other. The difference? Marketing.

You can have the greatest product/service in the world that provides immense value, but if you don't have a good way of communicating that value then the business is destined for failure.

Other lessons I've learned...

1. Stop consuming content that you do not need TODAY. Again, only read something if you can take action on it TODAY.
2. Routines and rituals forge a mighty sword. Commit to X number of hours of action per day and TRACK it to make sure you don't sway from that.
3. Learn to be very aware of your emotions and how they might be sabotaging your momentum.
4. Go all in. I'm not saying to work 22 hours a day on your project, but make the conscious decision that you will turn every stone and try every option before considering a project dead.
5. Enjoy yourself. Do what you want.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Last edited by a moderator:

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
My current favorite books these days are more muses than they are business related. I spend so much time thinking about business that I have a tendency to get lost in a book that is not specifically business related, kind of as a mind clear. I don't read fiction, really. I will pick up the latest entrepreneur books and skim them, and generally read interest books vs. hard core business books. I will also occasionally deep dive into psychology books, ranging from text books to mass market best sellers on consumer psychology. However, you should do as I say and not as I do. You should read everything you can get your hands on about business, development, Dale Carnegie, and other business motivation books.

I will recommend the 4HWW, the Millionaire Fast Lane, and Rich Dad Poor Dad to people outside of the forum, but everyone on this forum by now should have read all of those.

Last edited:

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
@AllenCrawley you are up.

When you finish the profile interview, tag the next person.

TedM

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
136%
May 21, 2013
Israel
When you're at your lowest few things get you through more than stubborn persistence.
Routines and rituals forge a mighty sword.
make the conscious decision that you will turn every stone and try every option before considering a project dead.
Knowledge is nothing without application

Could it be there is a pattern to the way people on this forum think? :)

Luffy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
Dec 20, 2014
Wow, I'm really grateful for all the insight this thread has. @Vigilante I'm not an INSIDERS but I think I will be in the near future.

G

GuestUser116

Most of the lessons I learned completely line up with what's in the Millionaire Fastlane book. I've never read something that so closely reflected the correct process of succeeding before. Looking back in hindsight, I can see a lot of the things I was doing right over the years.

I'm a producer. I have around 75 or 80 info products. I'm always producing new stuff. That is probably the best lesson.

My favorite books are Unlimited Power from Tony Robbins, Millionaire Fastlane of course, and the E myth Revisited.

I've had an info product on calisthenics before and it failed because of marketing. I was doing PPC with bing ads, ran out of money and got stuck. I want to finalize another info product I have but get the marketing right and I'm creating a back end product too since that's where the money's at. Can you create a thread on the process of creating a successful info product and marketing it? Or use this thread?

DreamsCameTrue

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
334%
Jun 29, 2014
Hollywood Hills
The way I see it now, marketing is sort of like the Queen piece in a game of chess. It has special powers that no other piece has.

Should I start a new thread for this QnA? The moderator wants this thread to not be a QnA for me, but for everyone.

I have an entire step by step post on how to start an info marketing business in 30-60 days. I will post it as soon as you guys tell me where you want it.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
The way I see it now, marketing is sort of like the Queen piece in a game of chess. It has special powers that no other piece has.

Should I start a new thread for this QnA? The moderator wants this thread to not be a QnA for me, but for everyone.

I have an entire step by step post on how to start an info marketing business in 30-60 days. I will post it as soon as you guys tell me where you want it.
It would probably make a compelling standalone thread.

G

GuestUser116

Link me when its out!!

DreamsCameTrue

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
334%
Jun 29, 2014
Hollywood Hills
I'm gonna post my info-marketing guide on a different forum I'm active on. The mods here hijack my thread whenever I have something going on that people are interested in and posting a lot on. No wonder you don't have many millionaires on this forum.

But I will hang around and chat with everyone still.

G

GuestUser113

I'm gonna post my info-marketing guide on a different forum I'm active on. The mods here hijack my thread whenever I have something going on that people are interested in and posting a lot on. No wonder you don't have many millionaires on this forum.

online-influence-klout.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

Chaseb731

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
104%
Oct 8, 2011

Unknown.jpg

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
You've been here just short of a year.

You've started five threads. One has a total of three posts in it, all from you. The second exhausted itself as a single page thread in 2014. Your most recent threads plugged a company, and we allowed it to continue unfettered. You did have one thread deleted for a violation of forum rules. Sorry, not sorry... you were warned earlier about it and chose to ignore it. You then blame the mods. The world doesn't owe you anything.

The forum has a tendency to be self filtering. Value gets recognized and rewarded by it's members, and it's members are also the determinant of the absence of value, parallel to capitalism.

Study the analogy of the cat and the tuna offered within the pages of this forum, as it's probably the best way to understand why you didn't get what you hoped to get from the effort you put forth. Hopefully that value exchange lesson from here is something you can take with you where ever you go. Our forum members don't measure the value of people here by the stated size of their bank accounts. We measure people by their investment in themselves and in others. That's true wealth. It's hard to fake it, but it's also easy to spot once you know what you are looking for.

DreamsCameTrue

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
334%
Jun 29, 2014
Hollywood Hills
I'm no superstar here. I agree I'm pretty much a nobody. I'm not here to try to win some internet popularity contest. I just like MJs book so I thought I'd stop by. I won't be posting hundreds of posts or trying to be a forum legend.

The perception among people PMing me is that you disagree with my opinion on the divorce thread, so you're trying to discredit me in other places as well. I tend to agree. You hijacked this thread, making it an interview on any random person, and you've been trying to hijack the divorce thread also.

I'm drawing attention to a real, serious issue in that divorce thread. I'm not plugging a company. People find it super interesting, hence the 9 pages pf posts. I post the DC videos because they do a great job explaining the issue. These are not commercial posts in any way. Pure information with 0% sales pitch. These are highly credible videos featuring Dr. Drew.

You clearly disagree with me so you'd prefer I keep my mouth shut. My opinions might be threatening to your worldview, so I understand why you are reacting this way, by following me around the forum and hijacking my threads.

But hey man, it's your forum. You're the mod. I'm just some bored millionaire in the Hollywood Hills. So I'll hang around and chat here and there, you rule this forum and more power to ya.

Chaseb731

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
104%
Oct 8, 2011
I'm no superstar here. I agree I'm pretty much a nobody. I'm not here to try to win some internet popularity contest. I just like MJs book so I thought I'd stop by. I won't be posting hundreds of posts or trying to be a forum legend.

The perception among people PMing me is that you disagree with my opinion on the divorce thread, so you're trying to discredit me in other places as well. I tend to agree. You hijacked this thread, making it an interview on any random person, and you've been trying to hijack the divorce thread also.

I'm drawing attention to a real, serious issue in that divorce thread. I'm not plugging a company. People find it super interesting, hence the 9 pages pf posts. I post the DC videos because they do a great job explaining the issue. These are not commercial posts in any way. Pure information with 0% sales pitch. These are highly credible videos featuring Dr. Drew.

You clearly disagree with me so you'd prefer I keep my mouth shut. My opinions might be threatening to your worldview, so I understand why you are reacting this way, by following me around the forum and hijacking my threads.

But hey man, it's your forum. You're the mod. I'm just some bored millionaire in the Hollywood Hills. So I'll hang around and chat here and there, you rule this forum and more power to ya.

I think your interpretation of other peoples' stances here on the forum may not necessarily be accurate.

You'll find Vigilante tends to be spot on (or near so) with a huge amount of issues that inhabit this forum. While his view of this situation may not be completely accurate on this case (I cannot say for certain either way), he has earned the right to be questioning of people, and has done a great job of keeping the forum clean and free of troublemakers. He is fair though, and if you argue your points with reasoning and class (unless you are @GlobalWealth), you'll find that will get you far.

As far as interviewing random people, the one he tagged is far from random, and is one of the largest contributors on this forum. If you make a good impression with him, then good things tend to happen. I would take that as a win to be honest.

In regards to your posts on the divorce forum, you'll find that there are major forum contributors on either side of this touchy argument. It's purely about staying cool and being polite, otherwise you'll be in for a shit storm.

Hopefully you picked out something good in my post, all of which will tend to help you on here. When you contribute value, you will be rewarded. You can also contribute Emma Watson photos, those tend to go over well.

Oh and by the way, Vigilante reads every single thread. He isn't stalking just you.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.