The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Dream Big, Right?

Anything related to matters of the mind
G

GuestUser202

What if I said, "I want to open an 1890's gold mine? Or even bigger...revitalize and run an entire city? I have SO many ideas pouring into my mind!! Dream big ,right?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
G

GuestUser202

In time. It's been a dream of mine since I first saw the mine/town.

Get Right

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
477%
Jul 16, 2013
Sunny Florida

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
What if I said, "I want to open an 1890's gold mine? Or even bigger...revitalize and run an entire city? I have SO many ideas pouring into my mind!! Dream big ,right?

Disney said something similar. Everyone laughed. I think we know how that turned out.

obrian

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Apr 16, 2015
of course you must dream big, as they always said "the reason why most people fail in life is not because they aim too high and miss it's because they aim too low and hit". one more thing, talk is cheap my friend so if you are gonna aim big make sure you have the action and the mental stability to back it up because you are gonna face alot of challenges so you of to calculate what you are willing to give up in order to achieve dream.such as friendships,families,your freetime. it's gonna be really tough my friend so you better get that from now because it's gonna be really tough.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Auto fix and flip.

I recently had a chance to talk with the owner of one of the largest Ford dealers in the United States.

His dad started the dealership just out of college. He would buy cars, and flip them. From his driveway.

The former owner of the Minnesota Vikings (they used to be a football team in Minneapolis) made his fortune in the used car business.

What ever your hands find to do, do it with all your might.

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
I recently had a chance to talk with the owner of one of the largest Ford dealers in the United States.

His dad started the dealership just out of college. He would buy cars, and flip them. From his driveway.
Along the same lines as Vigilante's story.

I used to work for a vehicle sales and finance company. I think they were valued somewhere around $2 Billion. Nobody really thought about how this company was once started by renting a small plot of land in Arizona, and buying their first used to car to fix up and flip.

Most people think the large company appeared out of nowhere with a snap of the owner's fingers.

It all started with that one car.

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
G

GuestUser202

I think even before the mouse or that one car, it started with a dream...followed by action. I use to get get so angry at the tv show Fast n Loud because this is exatly what they do...buy a car, fix it, and flip it (usually) for a HUGE profit. It REALLY set me in a frenzy when he bought a totalled Ferrari F1 (on the show).

So yeah, I'm getting this fix n flip project going as we speak and once it is going strong, i want to turn my attention to that gold mine/city project. I think technically it's a ghost town these days, but I see SO much potential there!!!

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
So we get people here at the forum all the time, that post... just like you.

Big dreams, just like you.

Big intentions, just like you.

Big posts. (unlike you).

And then... gone. Gone back to Subway. Gone back to community college. Gone back to a wife, a mortgage , and a car payment.

Maybe a few midnight rants, and then... GONE.

Most of them are gone because the high school crush wore off when the real work started.

It's too soon for us to tell about you. You might be one of them. You might be one of us.

You might not know yet.

Time will tell.

DennisD

Mini Media Mogul
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
216%
Jun 16, 2012
Bali, Indonesia
Central Park, New York.
5 pigeons sit on a park bench.
1 pigeon decides to fly away.
How many are left?

--

--

Wait for it...

--

--

5 pigeons.

--

Why?

--

Because deciding to fly doesn't do shit!
You have ambition. Time will tell if your actions follow your words.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
I think I watch too many cartoons. All I can think now is "one of us, one of us, one of us" :)

Um... you watch cartoons?

G

GuestUser202

I'll keep you all posted. Only one small roadblock for the fix n flip project, which I already have a plan in place to overcome. Honestly, the car I have now to flip is like my 5th in a year and half (I can only do 3/yr legally at this point so I'm on track).

Unknown

Fastlane-ish
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
177%
Mar 31, 2014
Um... you watch cartoons?
I do. I also play board games and video games. I watch sci-fi. If it's considered nerdy I probably enjoy it.

I also work with power tools a lot in case that raises my status back up lol ;)

I was pretty sure everyone had seen Toy Story though.

Last edited:

Kingmaker

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
337%
Jan 26, 2013
San Diego
I'll keep you all posted. Only one small roadblock for the fix n flip project, which I already have a plan in place to overcome. Honestly, the car I have now to flip is like my 5th in a year and half (I can only do 3/yr legally at this point so I'm on track).
lol

I used to flip about 2-3 cars a month. The buddy I did it with did 2-3 A WEEK on his own. Granted we're young and don't give a F*ck, but I've never seen that law enforced. And it's not hard to convince someone to float the title (let you not put your name on it).
Especially when it's a "fix".
Especially when it's Cash on hand.

You're "taking action" alright but how is it even related to revitalizing a city? You're not using it to fund your dream, because profit from 5 cars is minimal. So it sounds more like a fake action.

Big dreams only mean something when they spark you to go after them with a vengeance. To go All In.

You should re-read posts by Vigilante and Dennis above, they are gold, I don't think you understood them fully.

G

GuestUser202

lol

I used to flip about 2-3 cars a month. The buddy I did it with did 2-3 A WEEK on his own. Granted we're young and don't give a F*ck, but I've never seen that law enforced. And it's not hard to convince someone to float the title (let you not put your name on it).
Especially when it's a "fix".
Especially when it's Cash on hand.

You're "taking action" alright but how is it even related to revitalizing a city? You're not using it to fund your dream, because profit from 5 cars is minimal. So it sounds more like a fake action.

Big dreams only mean something when they spark you to go after them with a vengeance. To go All In.

You should re-read posts by Vigilante and Dennis above, they are gold, I don't think you understood them fully.
Point taken.

So how did you flip 2-10 cars a month? Did you do any work to them? Or just buy, up the price and sell the next day?

Last edited by a moderator:

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I can only do 3/yr legally

Why not get legal and start doing 3/week? If you have a technique making you $$, you can't let this stop you. It's just an excuse not to grow.

G

GuestUser202

Why not get legal and start doing 3/week? If you have a technique making you $$, you can't let this stop you. It's just an excuse not to grow.
I want to but here are just some of the requirements:
> $100,000 net worth
> 701 or higher credit score
> $50,000 surety bond
> business plan
> sales tax license

Reading in the book, it's a process. I'm at like step 1.

Don't get me wrong. These are not excuses...these are challenges...potholes in the road trip. I'll figure something out.

Last edited by a moderator:
G

GuestUser202

I finally got to the Fastlane Roadmap point in the book...I am worried that fixing and flipping cars is merely a job in disguise, not Fastlane. It surely won't generate passive income. I cannot see explosive wealth growth doing that. Is this even a viable Fastlane path? Even if it grows into a used car business or even a new car business, will it still be Fastlane? Will it get my dream of revitalize the city up and going?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.