The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Don't wait. Move your a$$.

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Bartez

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
78%
Jul 30, 2014
Poland, EU
Well I decided to start another motivational topic, but based on my personal (bad) experience. It hurts me even though it was a year or two ago.

I was active internet member, surfing the web watching some stuff, literally everything. I always liked creating websites but didn't have any programming skills. But I could start very very profitable sites.

1. Funny pics

Yes, so simple! In my country, internet was full of this. But all of it was kind of... chaotic. After a year there was demotywatory.pl invented but was about demotivation stuff. Site looked good and it was like obvious that site with funny pictures like that should soon start. I wanted to do it, but was to fu*king lazy. Result? Some Russian emigrant invented it for less than 500$. Now he's a millionaire and drives 3 cars (sport cars)

2. Not so fastlane, but still profitable

I got playstation 3 on christmas eve in 2009. I loved it! Couldn't wait for ps4. In 2011 I wanted to create a website about ps4 just to be 1st in Poland. PS3 site was VERY profitable, so I thought that ps4 site would be too. I didn't do it, somebody else did. He sold it for 50k and now site profits are about 3k per month.

Don't wait if you're sure about it. Even if something looks too obvious, try anyway if it makes any sense.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
Yep...There's always opportunities. You can miss them as fast as the metro passes by.

Neeraj

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
48%
Jun 30, 2014
Appreciate you taking the effort to write this, because I've been there too and I know that feeling. Not very desirable. Well, I hope we've learned our lesson.

smarty

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Jan 2, 2013
ok ok I get all the theory. so tell us what are you actually doing now? Still waiting or...

Bartez

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
78%
Jul 30, 2014
Poland, EU
Well, it's difficult to say... I needed some guide book and TMF became my wisdom mine. I needed change in my mind- get rid of laziness, get motivation and hang out with businessmen and people looking for success like me. I invested 160$ for start to make it 320$. I saved more than 400$ as I need some money just in case. I grow up, learn a lot from this forum community and create my own map to freedom which I can afford only when I create my own passive business. I have a couple ideas, want to create my own ala MLM site, maybe start some local business and make it grow to cover most of my country.
And of course I wait for another occasion. I must learn a lot yet, I can't just like that quit college while I have literally nothing. At least I need something for start. Poland is NOT like USA- starting a company is difficult and expensive, running it too. I pay even for possibility to pay taxes- isn't it riddicolous?

I have another idea for a website- I actually have ran it for a month maybe two. It was growing pretty fast and people really liked it. I quit it because it took so much time to write just one article. Now somebody stole my idea (well, my idea wasn't original, I was inspired by cracked.com) and now it has about 100k fans on facebook.

I'm also interested in facebook fanpages, It's very profitable business. Thanks to a couple over 100k fanpages I would earn about 100k per year. So many ideas and possibilities, but I need to choose ONE and sacrifice for it completely, know what I mean?

RazorCut

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
358%
May 3, 2014
Marbella, Spain
Bartez that just sounds like a load of excuses to me.

There is nothing you have said in your last post that is a real barrier to you starting your own business. It has never been easier or cheaper to start an online business you just have to have the get up and go to do it. I think that is your stumbling block. You are just not hungry enough yet to do it.

Start a blog or a podcast or write a book, create an ezine. Start a photojournel site. There are loads of way to get started on little to no budget. Don't worry about creating an income, worry about creating value for others, the money will come.

The hardest part of all is getting started. Get yourself over that hurdle and the rest will follow.

Good luck

Bartez

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
78%
Jul 30, 2014
Poland, EU

There is nothing you have said in your last post that is a real barrier to you starting your own business. It has never been easier or cheaper to start an online business you just have to have the get up and go to do it. I think that is your stumbling block. You are just not hungry enough yet to do it.

Start a blog or a podcast or write a book, create an ezine. Start a photojournel site. There are loads of way to get started on little to no budget. Don't worry about creating an income, worry about creating value for others, the money will come.

The hardest part of all is getting started. Get yourself over that hurdle and the rest will follow.

Good luck

I completely agree with you. It may sound like a ton of excuses, but believe me, it's not. I can write a book, start a blog- yes. But if it's about online business based on selling it's not that easy. I'm not afraid of start money. I'm afraid because in Poland I have to pay 1000 every month just because I own business. How am I supposed to do that without capital? As you can see, it's not so easy here. It's not like that I give up or wait long enough to get demotivated and quit. I need to plan it and do some math. I can't start and say that I can't run business because I don't have money to pay govement.

In US are you obligated to pay 1000$ every month even if your business is new? I wonder if only my country is so sick.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
hmmm...they monitor your internet and what you do? I would say if you can't write a blog, articles, etc. and build something and they're monitoring all your activity...hmm...you better move your a$$...to another country.

Even if you took a risk! You'd be a millionaire already from what you said. Even fines would be covered. Sounds more like you're making up excuses.

Last edited:

Bartez

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
78%
Jul 30, 2014
Poland, EU
I don't mean internet business but physical shops or even ecommerce. They spy bank accounts and know everything here ;) And this is true. It is still risky but I can take it anyway. I won't wait if I know that I must start right know because it will be to late. I was talking about real business. I know how much money I need and I'm during process to get it.

smarty

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Jan 2, 2013
I completely agree with you. It may sound like a ton of excuses, but believe me, it's not. I can write a book, start a blog- yes. But if it's about online business based on selling it's not that easy. I'm not afraid of start money. I'm afraid because in Poland I have to pay 1000 every month just because I own business. How am I supposed to do that without capital? As you can see, it's not so easy here. It's not like that I give up or wait long enough to get demotivated and quit. I need to plan it and do some math. I can't start and say that I can't run business because I don't have money to pay govement.

In US are you obligated to pay 1000$ every month even if your business is new? I wonder if only my country is so sick.

I'm sorry to blow it in yo face but that's a load of bullshit excuses. Create some product, use paypal to collect payments, get money in your bank. You don't need to create company or an official business yet, no need to create a LLC and pay taxes, you need to put something out there and test the waters. The (government) victim mindset won't get you too far.

You need:
1 product
1 bank account + card
1 website domain (optional)
1 hosting account (optional)
1 brain (obviously)

I have a couple ideas, want to create my own ala MLM site,
well, if you read the TMF book, you would already know that MLM is a no-no, especially for beginners, it will keep you broke for the next 2-3 years. I call it "the MLM rat-race".

This.

there's no need to try too hard to convince anyone how hard it is in your location, internet is online, not in your location only.
It comes back to the question: "what need are you solving"? If you can't answer to this question in 1 sentence, then you need to reconsider your assumptions. By the way I'm not wanting to criticize or put you down but I have been exactly in your place and I still face difficulties now but at least I have learned (and still learning) to recognize my past failures and how my internal dialog used to affect anything I tried to do.
Solve 1 need, and keep moving your a$$ ;)

Bartez

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
78%
Jul 30, 2014
Poland, EU
I'm sorry to blow it in yo face but that's a load of bullshit excuses. Create some product, use paypal to collect payments, get money in your bank. You don't need to create company or an official business yet, no need to create a LLC and pay taxes, you need to put something out there and test the waters. The (government) victim mindset won't get you too far.

You need:
1 product
1 bank account + card
1 website domain (optional)
1 hosting account (optional)
1 brain (obviously)

well, if you read the TMF book, you would already know that MLM is a no-no, especially for beginners, it will keep you broke for the next 2-3 years. I call it "the MLM rat-race".

This.

there's no need to try too hard to convince anyone how hard it is in your location, internet is online, not in your location only.
It comes back to the question: "what need are you solving"? If you can't answer to this question in 1 sentence, then you need to reconsider your assumptions. By the way I'm not wanting to criticize or put you down but I have been exactly in your place and I still face difficulties now but at least I have learned (and still learning) to recognize my past failures and how my internal dialog used to affect anything I tried to do.
Solve 1 need, and keep moving your a$$ ;)

Also it was said, that if I create MLM on my own it absolutely is fastlane ;) Thanks anyway for this post, appreciate it!

I want to create PPA website, maybe some of you know the system. Users will earn money and the more they earn, the more I earn. But it takes 3000 dollars for start. Like I said, I need to find one bussiness for start that I will marry.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
Just use your brain, be creative, innovative, and come up with something yourself. Leave the MLM stuff. I've just watched people stupid with that, and I learned. They always find out the hard way. Invest your money in your own projects.

Rawr

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Aug 12, 2007
south florida
I once bought a domain iphone4accessories or something similar when iphone 3 was just coming out... then someone told me iphone4 wasn't going to be named iphone 4 and i never bothered to develop the domain.

In my life I've been given some stupid advice, that I then stupidly followed. I'd say go off your gut, at least then you can say "well, I did it my way, for better or worse..this is my journey."

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
I'm sure you could go live in another country. Nothing says you have to stay in Poland. You're options are limited to your thinking. Many people explore and take risks. Be adventurous. The sky is the limit. Paypal works everywhere.

tafy

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Aug 21, 2013
UK
You have small thinking and a victim mentality, Poland isn't Iran, you live in the EU. Stop worrying about the government and go for it

tafy

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Aug 21, 2013
UK
I looked into polish rules and weirdly you have to pay some social security stuff monthly just because your self employed... I would move to the uk if I were you where its free to be self employed and no taxes on income up to 10k and free healthcare and generous benefits if you don't earn 10k

Bartez

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
78%
Jul 30, 2014
Poland, EU
I looked into polish rules and weirdly you have to pay some social security stuff monthly just because your self employed... I would move to the uk if I were you where its free to be self employed and no taxes on income up to 10k and free healthcare and generous benefits if you don't earn 10k

Thanks, surely I will consider it, but for now I'm grounded here as I'm a student. I think about leaving it, but also I have a woman of my life here. There is a solution for sure, but need to think this through. I can't afford leaving with no savings because polish zloty is worth only 20% of pound. It's sick that I need to pay astronomic 1k just because I'm self employed, I know that but that's not all, there are more riddicolous laws and rules like taxed taxes and costs of an employees (for example: if I want to pay an employee 1500/month it costs actually 2200).

This country is very difficult... I know that It may seem like I complain a lot, but you have to understand that MJ DeMarco wasn't writing about reality in the 3rd world and Poland is country of the 3rd world. It's not subiective opinion, it's a fact. Do you think I should leave university? I believe that the economic subjects I study can be usefull, but the more time I spend studying actually bulls*it, the more I'm sure that it's not worth 5 years of my life. I really want to take an action RIGHT NOW, but with some plan or sense. My future wife wants to get a degree and I just can't leave her and I suppose you can understand that. It's not just a love from highschool, we're engaged and I love her. She understands me and my plans to become rich.

Also I know what I want and where I want to live. It's complicated and another topic is required to explain my goals :p

smarty

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Jan 2, 2013

Why in the world should you declare yourself as "self-employed"? Until you're earning some significant amount of money, you can basically operate invisible. I just don't get that kind of mentality.

StayPositive

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
Mar 20, 2014
C'mon...
Poland is country of the 3rd world. It's not subiective opinion, it's a fact.
http://www.nationsonline.org/oneworld/third_world.htm I think it's not so bad :)

Stop bitching, because it won't change a thing. You can only demotivate yourself. Don't waste time on it.

I encourage you to focus all your energy on doing rather than talking. I know it's hard to start (I've been there) but hey - I bet you really want to live a better life in a few years. Find your way to motivate yourself, for example: imagine how your woman will be proud of you when you earn your first 10k/month. You, Her, and champagne celebrating YOUR SUCCESS. How amazing it will be?

Stay Positive :)

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
I get what everyone is trying to say, but at the same time we don't live in this culture, and of course the social and cultural mindset, differences are going to be quite different. It is pointless to call him victim, if he has to learn how to navigate in another country. Even I have to learn the societal norms and laws etc. In the Netherlands. It's not something you do over night.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
I get what everyone is trying to say, but at the same time we don't live in this culture, and of course the social and cultural mindset, differences are going to be quite different. It is pointless to call him victim, if he has to learn how to navigate in another country. Even I have to learn the societal norms and laws etc. In the Netherlands. It's not something you do over night.

It's more productive to teach someone to problem solve, point to resources, evaluate the situation, and basic needs to have to be met. Food,clothing, shelter. While I've been up against the best tough love people in the world, what you don't know, have to unlearn, and learn takes time and is a process. For some reason we believe making someone feel worthless, dumb, stupid, or ignorant is the best method. Most of these types of people actually were more of a waste of time in my life. With no solutions, but good at judging, being negative with criticism, and staring at the problem, and saying figure it out. Than came along tough love with gentleness, that were non-judgmental, with positive criticism, resources, and pointed to solutions.

Boy, that makes a difference. The learning is faster, and you feel much better about the people, and yourself. You listen more, and pay attention more.

Waisec

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
276%
Feb 6, 2014
Estonia
Why in the world should you declare yourself as "self-employed"? Until you're earning some significant amount of money, you can basically operate invisible. I just don't get that kind of mentality.
This. There's loads of payment processors out there, then get a debit card and you're set. No way for your government to track it unless you request a payment to a Polish bank. Earn enough money and then go from there and decide if you need to make things more 'official'.

Quit looking for excuses and turn shit into sugar, concentrate on what you have.

Also as a side note, I've met quite a few Poles and you all seem to be extremely negative towards your country. Come on, either move if you really consider it that horrible or focus on the positives and make the best of the situation. You live in a fairly developed country with a population of nearly 40 million. I'm certain there's plenty of opportunities to start something that's taking off in other western countries, but hasn't in yours yet and your population allows for plenty of room for scale

Right now your beliefs are stopping you from getting anywhere

rogen

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
132%
May 27, 2013
-
I'm from Poland and I REALLY don't care about taxes government or anything related to it, I will worry about it WHEN I FINALLY HAVE SOMETHING, so chill.. First do something, earn something, worry about such trivial things later.

Ezio

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Aug 6, 2014
Gdansk, Poland
You can start company without registering it. You can earn 3000 PLN which is tax free (it is shame actually, it's like 1000$ (LOL) (in UK it is 50 000 PLN... and about 52 PLN for social security - I am not sure about this)). Then if you make 3000 PLN I suggest you to register company in UK (not for every type of business).

I know that Poland business environment for starting business and owning small business sucks. I know a lot of young entrepreneurs in Poland, everyone have registered company in UK or wait to bigger profits to move it to UK or other country.
Also as far as I know you can use AIP ( http://www.inkubatory.pl/ ) in which you pay 250 PLN for accounting and everything else and you don't to have pay for ZUS...

https://www.asbiro.pl/firmauk/
http://www.companyinuk.pl/Ltd.html
http://www.firmawanglii.pl/
http://wolnyodzus.pl/

pawelw

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Apr 28, 2012
I live in Poland. I know it is not cheap to have a company. Becouse of it there is less competition than in other countries like uk. Finally you can pay less taxes( if your company is sucessful) than other countries. But it depends on many factors...

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.