The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Domain provider

Durete

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
59%
Mar 16, 2012
I'm somewhat amazed that I can't find any topics about the different domain providers...

There are so many to choose from, and I see mixed reviews if I look through google.

Godaddy,namecheap, domainsnext as example.

What is your favorite domain provider and why?

(What I'm looking to do with my site is: Blog and small ecommerce(a few high quality products along with a few high prized affiliates.)

How do you find out if someone had the domain name that you wanted in the past and got banned by google? I tried isbanned dot com but that reports that every single website that I can think of is banned by adsense.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Digamma

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
301%
Nov 13, 2014
I like Namecheap. No particular reason, let's me do whatever I want and gives one year of WhoisGuard for free.

johnp

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
157%
Aug 29, 2011
Philly
To buy a domain: Godaddy. A lot of people hate them but I think the site is easy to use and they always help me when I have a problem.

To host a big site: Linode. Best that I have ever used. Kind of hard to setup though.

To buy a domain from someone: Sedo.com is pretty good.

To sell a domain: Sedo again.

BeDoHave

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
154%
Aug 6, 2014
I like GoDaddy a lot. Easy and simple to use, and their support team is excellent.

I had an issue the other day and a member of their support team fixed it within minutes.

smarty

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Jan 2, 2013
Namecheap.com is all I need for now. No problems whatsoever, very easy to setup anything, great documentation and great support so far. Great prices too.

Godaddy is manipulative and f**** you up on prices many times over. No surprise they have $15+ for domain renewal.

Last edited:

Durete

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
59%
Mar 16, 2012
Hello guys thanks for your answers,

Looks like it's 50/50 judging from your answers.
Guess I'll go with namecheap for now.

How about my second question:

How do you find out if someone had the domain name that you wanted in the past and got banned by google? I tried isbanned dot com but that reports that every single website that I can think of is banned by adsense.

Last edited by a moderator:

Polarbeans

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
266%
Nov 18, 2014
Godaddy has intercepted me twice when I tried to regiester for domains on other hosting and domain providers.

I was setting up a domain, did a search for it on "one.com" and got an avaliable match. Problem was i did something in between, came back to one.com and did it again. This time it was take and registered by godaddy:)

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
I use SiteGround and have been pleased so far.

The customer service is very quick to answer chat no matter what time of day.

They're always willing to help me set things up, and have loads of tutorials on their site.

The one thing I don't like is their disk space limits. Mine shows 20480 MB and I've already used like 2500 of that.

Still have a lot of growing to do, but will probably look at GoDaddy if I need to upgrade.

Durete

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
59%
Mar 16, 2012
Looks like there is a new fish on the market for hosting.
Their basic package is free and they claim to be faster than the basic paid version of hostgater and bluehost.

Looks good so far, only downside is that you need to purchase your domain before starting to host on them.
http://nonjobhost.com/

Guess I'm going to give that one a try, as if it isnt suited for me I can always transfer my site to another host.

RazorCut

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
358%
May 3, 2014
Marbella, Spain
Ummmm free premium hosting forever? Guess they are banking on selling dedicated servers etc. but their service seems lacking to me. They boast 24/7 assistance but live chat is down, so are their forums and the Contact Us option is offline:

http://postimg.org/image/6rqwgk7cz/

Doesn't bode well, I'll stick to paying for my hosting.

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.