The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

DFW I need your help!

Jamesdoesmith

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
111%
Aug 14, 2014
I am looking for the ghost train. I am a young entrepreneur but in my spare time (LOL he shouldn't have spare time!) I like to do some urban exploration

What I am looking for is a derelict, abandoned DART project. it is the Knox-Henderson Sub station. A Dart light rail station that never was finished. The dug tunnel rests abut 100 feet under HWY 75. It has a shelled station and everything. Does anyone have any info on this place? or better yet an access point?

thanks yall

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Texan

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
183%
Jul 8, 2012
Texas
I honestly don't know that area....but if you are planning to explore an abandoned place like that:

1) be careful
2)don't get caught
3) and pack heat (if u can)

Sounds cool though. Peace!

Jamesdoesmith

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
111%
Aug 14, 2014
Thanks man. Probably will have some sort of defense. Maybe not heat. Don't want to be on the front page for capping a bum. I hear it is a nice little box/shell hidden from the world. The only thing more hidden is a way to get inside.

Texan

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
183%
Jul 8, 2012
Texas
I love little hidden places like that. And hopefully u don't have to defend yourself from anything! :)

sitemaster

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Jun 22, 2013
Dallas, Texas
What I am looking for is a derelict, abandoned DART project. it is the Knox-Henderson Sub station. A Dart light rail station that never was finished. The dug tunnel rests abut 100 feet under HWY 75. It has a shelled station and everything. Does anyone have any info on this place? or better yet an access point?

I have no personal knowledge of the area, but here's some additional information in this thread:
http://forum.dallasmetropolis.com/showthread.php/2794-Knox-Henderson-DART-Station

Apparently it's been walled in with cinder blocks.

In 2006:
The inside is hollow and there is stairs that lead all the way out to the sidewalk area on Willis street at the NB 75 service road. If you go by there and look you can see a little covered area over the sidewalk over the door. Looks just like a mini carport. The future station is one of the 2 emergency exits in the tunnel. The other is Cityplace station. Trust me you don't want to ever have to go up those stairs. It is a long way up to Willis Street and your legs will feel the workout. Knox/Henderson station is the lowest point in the tunnel and it's where you feel your ears pop when you are riding the train. So for those of you wanting to see that is when you want to look out the windows.

In 2010:
When the rail line first opened, you could see it out the windows as the train passed by. At some point, they walled it in with cinder blocks, but you can still see it. Just watch out the window, and when you see the plain grey change to horizontal lines -- those are the cinder blocks.

My guess is that DART started having problems with people camping out in the abandoned station. They send a pair of cops to clear the tunnel after the last trains run, but the K-H station probably gave trespassers too many options for avoiding the police. This is a Bad Thing, because it only takes one guy taking a nap on the tracks to ruin DART's whole morning. Not to mention the opportunity for other mischief, from vandalism to terrorism.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jamesdoesmith

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
111%
Aug 14, 2014
I have no personal knowledge of the area, but here's some additional information in this thread:
http://forum.dallasmetropolis.com/showthread.php/2794-Knox-Henderson-DART-Station

Apparently it's been walled in with cinder blocks.

In 2006:

In 2010:

Thanks man, I had been reading that thread but it dried up. From what I understand and what I have learned, there still does exist that shell and a way down. It was only sealed up from the POV of train riders.

Blackadder

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Sep 17, 2013
The Ozark Mountains
If you go, bring back pictures....some of us are love urban exploration.......but live far from an urban environment.

Jamesdoesmith

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
111%
Aug 14, 2014
If you go, bring back pictures....some of us are love urban exploration.......but live far from an urban environment.
Will do for sure. No doubt I will make sure to bring something back if I can get there.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.