The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Destined for Greatness

Anything related to matters of the mind
D

DeletedUser8

I understand having ambition in life can get you places, but I wanted to know if any of you have ever felt like you were destined for greatness? Obviously anyone on this website has a mindset encompassing the virtues of success, but do you ever get the feeling that you're going to accomplish your dreams?

Just a thought, let me know what you think

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MoneyDoc

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
273%
Jun 24, 2014
I always have a gut feeling that I will be successful in the near future.

So yeah, I get that every time.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
I do as well.

geekboy

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Nov 8, 2013
Cheshire, UK
People tend to act based on what they believe so I'd say its definitely a positive trait to have.

John D. Rockefeller believed he was destined to achieve great wealth. Seemed to work out ok for him ;)

Hope

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Jul 22, 2014
I too, feel destined for success and greatness.

Perhaps the universe needs me to fulfill some great act...

Or maybe I'm just overconfident. ;)

But also keep this quote in mind:
“The Man who says he can, and the man who says he can not.. Are both correct”

Confucius

MoneyDoc

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
273%
Jun 24, 2014
I too, feel destined for success and greatness.

Perhaps the universe needs me to fulfill some great act...

Or maybe I'm just overconfident. ;)

But also keep this quote in mind:
“The Man who says he can, and the man who says he can not.. Are both correct”

Confucius

One of my favourite quotes.

KarakDrazh

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
14%
Aug 18, 2014
But what is the definition of greatness for you guys atm? When I was younger I had the urge to outperform everyone and conquer the world! But now I have my own company, and don't really need anything. My highest goal in life have always been to have a great family and the resources to be with them. I am atm home 2 days a week to play with the little one and we save each month over $2k only from our salaries (my wife have normal job and work 2 days a week). So for me that is great and in line of success as others here is writing.

But greatness is for me something totally different, how do others define greatness? Is it the same as being successful or is it doing something special to change their country, the world or the history?

lovecharm

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
214%
Jun 13, 2013
Delaware, USA
I understand having ambition in life can get you places, but I wanted to know if any of you have ever felt like you were destined for greatness? Obviously anyone on this website has a mindset encompassing the virtues of success, but do you ever get the feeling that you're going to accomplish your dreams?

Just a thought, let me know what you think

There are 3 things in life that you need to take care of, Health, wealth and Relationship.

Health and relationship, I wasn't sure but I am still working on it.

Wealth, I never even thought about it, I knew from day one that I will get whatever I want and I got pretty much all I wanted, fulfilled majority of the child hood dreams from flashy cars to exotic holidays, expensive gadgets to designer clothing's etc. I guess it was mainly because of my parents. Seeing how they were successful day in day out, I just knew that I would replicate that.

At the same time, they are not in the best of shape and relationship dynamics works differently in Asia, so since I didn't see how it's done, I wasn't confident and had to study to learn and still learning. The good thing is, you can hire coach or mentor who can guide you and show you the rope, so I had/have coaches and mentor who keeps me on check for the other two.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
Greatness to me is being fully developed emotionally, mentally, spiritually, and physically. Independent from everyone else. Interdependent with others instead of co-dependent. You can navigate around any obstacle and find solutions. Become the genius you are and be creative and innovative. The problem is if you are to in the mental, you are not using your creative abilities. You have to be centered brain and use your brain power. You push your mind, body, and spirit to the limits and full capacity.

When you do this, I imagine, with the right choices, habits, discipline, and dedication you will succeed at some point. Your heart has to be in it, and you do have to have passion. Leadership is important and example, and actions. If you're not a good leader you have bad results. You know you have a cause and effect reaction to your outcome. This is the main problem in our society, we have leaders, but not one's that go the extra mile.

I like some of the Eastern ways because you don't become a leader without a lot of training, discipline, and hours and hours of learning from people that know there stuff. It's not watered down in books and it loses it's true meaning and lost in translation, and man tampering with it. Work ethics have been around for centuries. You read the real old stuff, or even old magazines, they some times give better information than they do today. lol I read a lot of old newspapers in 1700's and 1800's. How the mindset changes, and what the problems are, how they dealt with things, how they sold things, and even how people believed things just because society told them it was truth.

The news paper was such a different entity back in those days. You learn from the mistakes other leaders have done in history and try not to repeat them. There's a lot of work in becoming a person of greatness. It sure isn't following the herd, or even agreeing with them. Some will hate you, and some will love you. It's just part of the game.

DayIFly

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Jul 16, 2012

I think the younger you are, the more of this feeling you have, e.g., "I want to be an astronaut!". Until eventually reality hits you and you see it more rational.

And I don´t mean it in a negative way like "Be more realistic. Work a 9-5!"... that´s societal conditioning. But you have to know the probabilities. Even if it´s only 0.1%, the possibility is there nevertheless. Then you can look for ways to increase that percentage, working harder than gifted people, having a better plan (Fastlane strategy), etc.

I once watched an interview with Elon Musk, and the interviewer asked how he figured out to start a car company (Tesla) and be successful at it. And Elon answered that he though that it would most likely fail, but he could at least address the false perception that electric cars are ugly, slow and boring. And he added that if something is important enough, you should try, even if the probably outcome is failure.

In general, I think it´s a good trait, that gives you a more positive outlook on life with its associated benefits. But only having a positive view, like in the video above, won´t make you achieve your goals.

You don´t need to believe that you´ll be a billionaire to start a successful company. But you have to know if it is possible for you (even if its 0.1%) or you won´t put enough action into it.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
That's just a natural human trait. Failure is always a possibility as success is the possibility. It's just getting past the fears and moving in the direction and taking action. Fear of failure arises many times, most likely you just find out you succeed more than you actually fail.

D

DeletedUser394

I'm destined to die. Whether in five minutes or 70 years from now. That's about it.

Whatever I choose to do between now and then will determine my 'destiny'.

I try not to worry about the things I can't control.

@DayIFly hit the nail on the head.

When I was younger and even more naive than I am now, I believed this whole 'destiny' thing and that somehow I was special. Everyone does. Heck, I was going to learn 12 languages, be a veterinarian, and be a millionaire by age 19 among other endeavors. Yeah, right.

My first car was going to be a ferrari, because I was destined for it.

But in the end the only thing that really matters is that you put in the work.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
Think there is a big thing in "How" you influence too! :)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.