The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Dealing with hate?

Anything related to matters of the mind

Tommy92l

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
74%
Aug 20, 2012
Lately I've been expanding and networking with new channels to have my content posted. Sometimes I'm gaining 1,000 new followers a day. It feels great to be seen, but when you're put in front of a new audience... it's not all sunshine and rainbows.

The comedy I do is much more intellectual, but I am the outlier. Other people do things using soundboards, and telling poop jokes that cater towards 12 year olds.

Now, I have a following of 34,000 people who LOVE my humor, but it seems like what is BIG, is childish humor, that once again, caters towards 12 year olds.

With that being said, some people totally crucify me. I'd like to say it doesn't get to me, but it does.

I've never been cocky, but as you all know, if you're attacked, it brings forth a sense of humility, if that makes any sense?

What do you do to push aside these negative insults.

I genuinely believe some of them are jealously. NOT just to me, but the concept of haters = jealously.

I know if I saw someone succeeding and I could only sit on the sidelines and throw in my 2 cents, I'd be pretty damn mean too.

Also, this is NOT feedback people are giving me, it's called hate for a reason.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Solrac

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
Jul 6, 2014
Florida
I dealt with hate when I was younger, I got picked on and stuff typical stuff for a kid I guess. I mean I think it made me really able to handle that stuff these days. I think what it comes down to is just you gotta keep pushing. If you believe in what you're doing and you have that gut feeling for it, I mean what the hell why does it matter what anyone else says. I'm thinking about dropping out and I get insulted by my family all the time for it. I mean the intentions for them to do so are understandable but you just gotta do what you know is right for you, at least in my case. I don't really think there is a technique to push things aside, maybe you could do affirmations in the morning targeted towards pushing peoples negative opinions out of your thought process. I find that, that usually works. But I think what it comes down to is, if you know what your doing, and you strongly believe in it, like the above

F*ck them

You got nothing to lose, don't let someone else's opinion affect you.

I hope you can relate to this. And good luck!

sle3pyguii

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Aug 19, 2012
I just try to imagine that every douche canoe hater has a terrible hole in their life that they're not getting met...so they feel the need to bring others down to make their own life seem better. If I think of it that way, I either laugh and ignore them or pity them.

If they're a random teenager/kid, then they get a hormone pass.

RogueInnovation

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Jul 28, 2013
When you are on up swings people
- Hang on
- Try to tear you down
- Get territorial over changes and sabotage growth
- Create a dialogue where they are "the big shot"

Just learn to look through it for what it is
Uncertainty about themselves, trying to get rid of risk

Ninjakid

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Jun 23, 2014
Buddy Guy Eh
Bro, clearly you're doing something right.

You're making enough of an impression for people to throw shade.

Love your haters, they just get you more attention.

Everyone worse mentioning has a bit of hate. Even the Dali Lama isn't exempt ;)

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
Detach from it, stay neutral about it. Mental toughness and controlling emotions come into play there. It' never really about you anyway when you come across haters. Why react to haters, or even take it personally. Every Celebrity and famous person has haters, and some are even bullies. Sure it has an affect to a degree...but be the observer instead of taking things personal. Some people love you, some hate you. Can't make everyone laugh. Can't make everyone like you. I like Grant Cardone's philosophy use the Hater's to make you more popular. He's got a point there. They hate you so much they're talking about you and twittering, facebook, etc. Also like he says, it's not the haters you have to worry about but the people they influence.

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
I thought you were talking about family or something hating what you're doing.

You're talking about F*ckin strangers, bro. They don't know you. You don't know them. For all you know, they aren't even real.

This is the Internet. Grit and bear it. And remember that lions don't lose sleep over the opinion of sheep.

Tommy92l

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
74%
Aug 20, 2012
Have you ever met a hater doing better than you?
Excellent point. And no, never. NEVER.

Thank you guys for your input. I like the way you handle things !

Villain

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Jan 26, 2013
Glasgow, UK
Hating is the consolation prize of being a loser.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.