The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Dead Millionaires Tell No Tales...

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Saw this posted the other day. After reading, I had to pickup my mouth from the floor.

I took a screenshot.

Not sure what's more exciting, being a dead millionaire, or an 111 year old millionaire that still is living and breathing. Nonetheless, I have to wonder, are people this f*cking stupid? Are you so blinded by the prospect of having millions that you can't do simple math? How on earth can someone take this seriously?

And my analysis is also very forgiving -- I assume a 16 year old had $500 bucks to invest in 1919. More than likely he doesn't. So in reality, you're probably 121 years old.

buffet.png

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Mineralogic

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Jul 28, 2014
Here's what they won't tell you about Buffet. He invested in the companies of several unknown down low elite family businesses. He also takes lots of control vs a regular investor. And he has taken lots of bailout money or used politics to his advantage or Wall St's itself. Do not trust Uncle Warren

RHL

The coaching was a joke guys.
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
747%
Oct 22, 2013
PA/NJ
  • Admin

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
The first sentence claims it's a "simple solution".

I never knew that accomplishing the feat of being classified as one of the oldest persons alive would be considered a "simple solution."

socaldude

Saturn Sedan and PT Cruiser enthusiast.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
212%
Jan 10, 2012
San Diego, CA
I can't even F*cken imagine taking $500 today, sticking it in a brokerage account and F*cken praying and hoping it hits $10 million dollars one day. You will probably end up with $375.34 10 years later. OMFG.

All the while you waste your life away in mediocrity and doing nothing.

LOL love the "Scam" tag in this thread.

Last edited:

Chazmania

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
174%
May 23, 2013
USA
Absolute insanity.

I recently saw an article on Yahoo titled something like "Secrets of the Rich" or whatever, I can't remember.

I clicked on it, and the 2nd or 3rd paragraph started talking about 1st maxing out your 401k (yea I'm sure that's what all the rich people are doing!), 2nd converting your traditional IRA to a Roth, and then 3rd some other slow lane sucker shit. After that I just laughed to myself.

It's sad that people are taught this crap their entire life right along with believing in Santa Clause and Social Security.

Those steps guarantee that you'll be working until at least 65 since your money is held prisoner, and all the while providing liquidity to the markets so the real rich can sell their shares whenever they want!

Some scams are hidden in plain sight.

Yury

fancy slogan
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Dec 12, 2013
Lol cool stuff indeed, what a great illustration for the slow lane concept!

Btw I've just googled around, measuringworth.com says that now "the relative value of $40.00 from 1919 ranges from $404.00 to $8,500.00".
So the real picture might be even worse...

And btw did they mean, Xbox One back in 1919!? Imagine what you could achieve with all that computing power back then (yeah you'd better have a TV with you though and a bit of software when you drive your Xbox back into 1919).

Also, how would you know to be on this company and not some other one? Something tells me that too many of these collapsed since then eh. Comparing to this stuff gambling sounds like a sane strategy.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
I'll just collect pennies until I'm dead. It amounts to the same conclusion.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
Nope...I've helped them walk around with a walker, or wheel chair, but frankly they don't have the energy to move their body and get in a car alone drive one. Usually you have to put them in the car and drive for them. If they're not screaming at you they don't like the light during the day time. You can just tell them they're driving one and they'll be fine with it in their reality.

I know because: once there was a whale in the toilet. I never saw it, but they did! lol

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
I decided if you drive on twitter lane you'll go mad promoting your business. You'll be brain dead and there goes all the pennies I've saved. Twitter madness repetitive brain dead relationship advice that has no value and hey I'm making friends because I have all the answers for zombies on twitter. Just because people understood close the old book and open a new book with relationships that is so simple. lol And than there was some that have gangsta mentality that still didn't get it. Ha ha! I need to write like a zombie for them to comprehend. Zombie language. No wonder I don't socially engage on a regular bases. On regular hash tags the negativity roars. :) Glad I'm not zombie. Social media marketing, hmm...do I have too!

rkmalo1

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Sep 14, 2012
Chicago
Since I am a investor, I enjoy learning from Warren Buffett and it bothers me how he supported this ad. When it comes to Warren, and like many other investors/entrepreneurs, follow his actions not his words.

He's not only a great investor, he's a superstar entrepreneur. How he grew Berkshire is nothing short of incredible. Arguably one of the most brilliant "holding companies" in world.

This article in B.I. summed up how he really became wealthy:

Like most of the other people on the Forbes 400 list of wealthiest people, Buffett created wealth by creating his own company. He did not accumulate his wealth in anything that closely resembles what most of us do by opening brokerage accounts and allocating our savings into various assets.

The original Buffett Partners fund is particularly interesting due to Buffett’s recent berating of hedge fund performance and fees. Ironically Buffett Partnership charged 25 percent of profits exceeding 6 percent in the fund. This is a big part of how Buffett grew his wealth so quickly. He was running a hedge fund no different than today’s funds. And it wasn’t just some value fund. Buffett often used leverage and at times had his entire fund invested in just a few stocks. One famous position was his purchase of Dempster Mill in which Buffett actually pulled one of the first known activist hedge fund moves by installing his own management at the firm. Buffett, the activist hedge fund manager? That’s right. He was one of the first. His venture to purchase Berkshire Hathaway was quite similar.

Berkshire Hathaway isn’t just your average conglomerate. The brilliance behind Buffett’s construction of Berkshire is astounding. He effectively used (and uses) Berkshire as the world’s largest option writing house. The premiums and cash flow from his insurance businesses created dividends that he could invest in other businesses.

Berkshire essentially became a holding company that he could run this insurance-writing business through while using the cash flow to build a conglomerate. But Buffett wasn’t just buying Coca-Cola and Geico. Buffett was engaging in real investment in many cases by seeding capital and playing a much more active entrepreneurial role in the production process.

He was also placing some complex bets (short-term and long-term) in derivatives markets, options markets, and bond markets. The perception that Buffett is a pure stock picker, as many have come to believe, is a myth.

It’s also interesting to note that the portfolio of stocks he has become famous for is the equivalent of just about 28 percent of Berkshire’s enterprise value as of 2013. His most famous holdings (Coke, American Express & Moody’s Corporations) account for roughly 8 percent of the total market cap.

Interestingly, two of Buffett’s most famous purchases weren’t traditional value picks at all but distressed plays. His original purchases of American Express and Geico occurred when both companies were teetering on the edge of insolvency. These deals are more akin to what many modern-day distressed debt hedge funds do, not what most of us think of as traditional value investing.

Make no mistake – Buffett has the killer instinct prominent in many successful business leaders. Just look at the deal he struck with Goldman Sachs and GE in 2008. He practically stepped on their throats when they needed to raise capital in the depths of the financial crisis, demanded a five year warrant deal, and profited handsomely.

http://www.businessinsider.com/myth-you-too-can-become-warren-buffett-2014-7

Last edited:

Mineralogic

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Jul 28, 2014
I am most people know he's not the richest out there:) You can find pictures of Buffet with the Rothschild/Rockfeller type folks if you look. Many believe Rothschild/Rockefellers are still trillionaires today (they own the central banks out there and can literally print it to themselves every day) and you will never find those folks on a current Forbes List anymore

MSM wants you to believe all these rich elite families lost all their money and power:)

http://www.prisonplanet.com/rothschilds-are-richest-people-on-the-planet.html

EN_VY

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
91%
Sep 28, 2012
Houston
This reminds me of one of my favorite rap songs, called Won't let you down. First line of the outro relates.
At the end Cham says " See, rich people ain't going to tell you how to get paid, and broke people act like they the richest people in the world.

Always tellin people with money how to get it
Always spendin money that they thought they was gonna get.
Always buying things they can't afford.
Stop making excuses.
If chronic smoke makes him sleepy, he's gonna tell ya he got chronic fatigue
If liquor makes him drowsy, he gonna say he got that grey goose disease
If women keep taking his money, he gonna tell ya he slipped off his sleeve
Whatever your weakness, stop making excuses please
You should not be in couch or in house, you should be in route
If you gotta ask where, then that's the reason you ain't got nothing
You don't know how to listen, go get it

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
In a little cemetery in Bentonville, Arkansas rests the bones of one of the world's wealthiest men. If you ever have a chance to visit the birthplace of Wal-Mart, I recommend you make a quick trip to this out of the way speck on the map. Locals should be able to maybe direct you there. It's within a few miles of Wal-Mart's world headquarters. No security, no markings, nothing. Just a desolate headstone, faded with age and right next to all the others.

30005967_130123991166.jpg

He won the game, and went to the grave exactly like everyone else did.

Unless you plan on building the next Wal-Mart and want to spend the next 50 years of your life working your a$$ off only to die in a simple grave, the answer is EXPLOSIVE INCOME. You need a short window of time in which you sock away a bunch of cash.

Your grave is going to look exactly like this guys does. Do you really want to sit and contemplate compound interest on meager savings while you forego cable television and buy a few more shares of Apple stock?

EXPLOSIVE INCOME. Don't believe the bullshit that everyone tells you about the way the world works. Blaze your own path.

Edited : This photo is not the correct photo. You can see the correct photo later in the thread. My apologies. My Google skills are lacking.

Last edited:

Mineralogic

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Jul 28, 2014
In a little cemetery in Bentonville, Arkansas rests the bones of one of the world's wealthiest men. If you ever have a chance to visit the birthplace of Wal-Mart, I recommend you make a quick trip to this out of the way speck on the map. Locals should be able to maybe direct you there. It's within a few miles of Wal-Mart's world headquarters. No security, no markings, nothing. Just a desolate headstone, faded with age and right next to all the others.

He won the game, and went to the grave exactly like everyone else did.

Unless you plan on building the next Wal-Mart and want to spend the next 50 years of your life working your a$$ off only to die in a simple grave, the answer is EXPLOSIVE INCOME. You need a short window of time in which you sock away a bunch of cash.

Your grave is going to look exactly like this guys does. Do you really want to sit and contemplate compound interest on meager savings while you forego cable television and buy a few more shares of Apple stock?

EXPLOSIVE INCOME. Don't believe the bullshit that everyone tells you about the way the world works. Blaze your own path.

check out the freemason symbols on there! wow

Wuz

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
144%
Nov 16, 2013
I dont blame people that believe this. As someone once said: "you don´t know what you don´t know".

Let have some compassion for people that believe in this articles, and if they ask us if there is any way better than this, than we shall give them an answer.

Otherwise dont waste your time trying to change people.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

luniac

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Dec 7, 2012
brooklyn
at first i was like 111 what? then i opened the image and.... LOL

Hassen

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Mar 13, 2015
This is golden, LOL.

When it comes to Buffet though, I believe MJ mentioned it in the book too: those investing in hedge funds don't get rich, but those establishing hedge funds do.

JMan1234

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Apr 8, 2013

The dates for both Sam and Helen are incorrect. The birth and death dates are both wrong...also, it was "Helen R.", not "Helen F or E" as shown....so what am I looking at??

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%