The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Dating & Girlfriend

Topics relating to managing people and relationships

ions

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
28%
Mar 26, 2012
Hi Members,

I wanted advice on girlfriends and achieving financial independence (freedom). I read MJ's book 2.5 years ago and since then I created a niche software product that has been well received. Last year my income was $150K and my goal for this year is $250K. I am currently 37 years old and I do want to have a family. I decided to start dating again after a 2 year hiatus around 6 months ago with the intention of meeting my wife.

What I am encountering though has me frustrated. Most single women without children in their early to mid 30s in my area appear to have very high expectations. It's not unusual for me to hear that they buy $3k purses yet their salary is $60K or they want a Porsche Cayenne as their next vehicle yet they make under 6 figures. This just boggles my mind as these are intelligent, attractive women yet they just can't delay gratification and think like Side Walkers at times.

My focus right now is to keep growing my business, invest my money and reach financial independence but I thought sharing my life with someone would enhance my life experience. Instead I am finding dating to be a huge drag on my focus, energy and mindset.

I am starting to consider calling it quits on dating and taking a 6 month break as I feel dating is interfering with my productivity and mindset, yet I do feel if I met the right girl she could be a huge asset for inspiration and sometimes much needed relaxation.

In the end my aspiration for financial independence (freedom) slightly supersedes my desire for a relationship and a family but I don’t want to miss the boat on having a family and according to even MJ the definition of wealth = Relationships & Family, Health and Freedom.

Thoughts?

Thanks

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

ions

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
28%
Mar 26, 2012
I was reading some of the other posts on this forum and came across the below video:

I think Kevin O'leary answered my question, although I do think if I found the right person it would be an asset to business acceleration. Sometimes I just need to unplug and have fun on the weekends. I just don't know if I have any more patience and energy to keep the search going for the right one.

Kevin O'leary is probably correct replacing a g/f is easier than replacing a successful business especially once you have attained a certain amount of resources and wealth.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
The right relationships isn't something you search for. The right relationship finds you at the right time and place. This is one of the biggest things we get stuck on in life is that we need to look for love. And fortunately, when we look for love we end up with the wrong people. What you're saying is you want a woman with the same morals, values, and mindset.

Obviously the right person will cross paths with you where ever you go. The opportunity arrives probably where you're hanging out and where great minds think a like. So, this could be many places, and I have no clue what you're interests are, but if you're social and network of course you're going to run into women. And I suppose you know exactly what you want when you see it. And when the opportunity arrives and it's the right person it won't be such a struggle or distraction, because most likely they are doing the same thing and understand where you are.

Women shop out of emotion. It relieves stress. Even if they walked around a store and put everything in a basket and then put it back the goal would be achieved. Most likely they are shopping out of emotion and not self developing or personally developing and using that as way to cope with life.

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
May 2, 2013
Where do you live?

Where are you meeting them?

Different demographics of women have different hobbies and places they go. You might be unintentionally filtering out the women that are more compatible with you by meeting them wherever you are.

ChickenHawk

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
468%
Aug 16, 2012
Butt in Chair
It's not unusual for me to hear that they buy $3k purses yet their salary is $60K or they want a Porsche Cayenne as their next vehicle yet they make under 6 figures.
I'm not exaggerating when I say that I have literally never met anyone like this. I'm not saying they don't exist. I know they do. But it does make me wonder where you live, where you're hanging out, what kind of girls you're drawn to, and what kind of vibe you're putting out there. (Are you giving off some sort of flashy, sugar-daddy persona that attracts these sorts?) Personally, I think that any girl who wants a 3K purse is a girl to be avoided, especially if she's not independently wealthy of her own accord. If nothing else, you're wise to realize this.

EDIT: I just realized something. I HAVE met someone like this, except it was a guy. My best friend dated him for way too long, and it wasn't a productive experience. Run!!!

Last edited:

IceCreamKid

With Great Power Comes Great Electricity Bill
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
2,183%
Jun 8, 2010
California
The right girl is out there. Chances are you're just fishing in the wrong pond.

Get involved in new and different organizations where you can meet new people. Discover new hobbies. Step outside your comfort zone and try new things.

There are so many new ponds within your own bubble, but it is just a matter of learning to let go of what’s comfortable and taking your rod and reel to a new pond.

I also think it helps if you go in with the attitude that you are just fishing for fun, not with expectations that you are going to catch the biggest fish ever and win the whole fishing tournament. When we're attached to getting a specific outcome, we tend to unconsciously manipulate the present moment and end up self-sabotaging everything. I could talk forever about self-sabotage, but that would lead to an entire novel of a thread.

JasonR

Maverick
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
544%
May 29, 2012
Las Vegas
@ChickenHawk and @IceCreamKid both made very good points - especially about where you're meeting women.

How many women have you actually met? How hard have you really tried?

You will most likely need meet 200+ women (or more) to actually find the ONE you want to be with.

What are you on? Number 4? Number 7?

Most guys I see who have problems with women are just not trying hard enough. They never put themselves out there, they never ask new women out and they never get of our their bubble to meet the type of woman they claim to want to meet.

Finding the right woman for you is HARD. Most things in life worth having are hard.

You've got enough advice in this thread to go out and meet 30 women in the next month.

Get to it. This is YOUR life. Take control and take action.

And good luck.

Last edited:

DreamsCameTrue

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
334%
Jun 29, 2014
Hollywood Hills
Meet 200 women is great advice.
Sit around and "wait for the right relationship to find you" is not good advice.

Also, I think you need to lighten up a bit on this whole thing and look at where the women are coming from. Women peak a bit earlier than guys, so they want to live the good life while they are young and attractive and people still are willing to pay them some attention. The clock is ticking on women, and they might think they are buying a significant advantage in life when they buy that 3K purse. Or maybe they just have no interest in the fastlane lifestyle. Most people bitch about the slowlane, but they are destined for the slowlane. Just because a woman is not a fastlane thinker does not mean she is not worth dating. Women see things differently. The fastlane mindset takes years to develop IMO. You can't expect a woman to just walk in and have the fastlane mentality. Most of the world is full of slowlaners.

Find a woman who has the fundamental qualities you're looking for, and let her find out about the fastlane from you along the way if she is interested. As a fastlane millionaire myself, I can tell you lots of women are curious about it and want to know more. Some of them have the aptitude to learn it. Rarely do they walk in having a fully functioning fastlane mindet. You have to be a bit more realistic than you're being.

Also, maybe some of them have more money than you think. Or maybe they TALK about buying a 3K purse but they don't really do it.

Lesson #1 in dating is this: DO NOT TAKE THE THINGS WOMEN SAY AS ABSOLUtE TRUTH. DO NOT TAKE THESE STATEMENTS AT FACE VALUE.

Typically, the things a person says in a dating or flirting situation is a loaded statement, with many hidden agendas. Men often don't like hearing about this, they're stuck on logic and tired of "playing games." Well the game is not gonna go away any time soon, so learn to play it or get left behind.

"I buy 3K purses" might actually mean "I see you are a wealthy guy and since I'm attracted to you I'm trying to build some commonalities and rapport." It may be a clumsy attempt at rapport building, but give the chick a break and give her some credit for trying.

Rawr

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
95%
Aug 12, 2007
south florida
I'm going to say something that US people might not be sure how to understand.

If you're trying to get a partner for life, you must know how to direct her. At your age its harder, as it is easier with girls 22-26 year old.

but i think it is possible at any time when she realizes youre the one leading. If she has insane expectations and insist on it, next.

smarty

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Jan 2, 2013
The only man you should take advice on Dating & Relationships is this man right here:

His videos and especially his book "How to be a 3% man" have literally changed my dating life and understanding of relationships.
The only regret I have is that I ignored reading his book for about 2 years.
It is my third time reading his book now and most of the time, understanding women and their behavior is so easy, just like math 1+1=2.

Just yesterday I noticed something which really made me think how much this book has opened my eyes:
While walking on the sidewalk, I noticed a man and a young woman who apparently were little annoyed or butt hurt to each other. The girl turns over to him and says "Can we just discuss like adults?".

In my mind, this instantly translated: "I like you and I want to help you. But please don't F*ck it up & don't force me to dump you".

And honestly 100% of the mistakes Corey describes in his book, happened in my past relationships.
Love is fun & playful you can't approach it like business.

ions

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
28%
Mar 26, 2012
Thanks for all the responses and feedback. I appreciate it.

I read all the comments, read the bold and determined article and watched the Corey Wayne video.

For the first three months of dating I was meeting the women on Match.com and Eharmony. After three months I realized it's extremely time consuming using online dating and I hired a professional matchmaker. I explained to the matchmaker that even though I made $150K last year I am only willing to live a $70-$80K lifestyle because I want to grow my business and invest my money. I thought the last woman she introduced me to was down to earth but on our second date she disclosed that she wants a Porsche Cayenne as her next car and wants to go on $20K-$30K vacations / year. These purchases are fine when I have achieved my financial goal but I am definitely not spending my money in this manner at this juncture.

Right now I am at a cross roads. Should I continue dating because I have momentum and feel my dating skills are becoming polished after continuously dating for 6 months or should I put my head down and focus again on growing my business and developing my second software product.

If I was forced to make a decision at this very moment I would choose take a break from dating and focus exclusively on growing my business.

Might as well focus on making more money and achieving my financial goal and then having a choice whether or not I want to buy a Cayenne. Right now I don't feel I have that choice unless I want to be a side walker which is an unacceptable option.

Hassen

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Mar 13, 2015
Honestly I think women who sign up for matchmaker services to be included in the potential matches pool are all gold diggers. Just my personal opinion, could very well be wrong and no offense to anyone.

I mean, if a woman is financially successful and needs to find men of even higher profile, she might as well hire a matchmaker; but speaking as a female and not an especially attractive one, I don't believe many women lack pursuing suitors wherever they go. When I network professionally there would be guys interested in asking me out, and even when I take public transport guys strike up conversations with me and ask for my number. It simply makes no sense for a woman to go out of her way to sign up to be selected by a matchmaker services if she didn't have her eyes set on the money. I don't think many guys realize how different (read: easier) dating is for gals.

OP, I would say that avoid most girls like hell anyway, most of them have no sense at all and they value material junk at a level so high that most men cannot possibly comprehend.
Instead of online or through a matchmaker, why not consider meeting women through family & friends or interest/networking events? That way you'd more likely meet someone down-to-earth or with shared interests and values.
I also don't know where you're based, but sometimes geography place a role as well. There are the urban girls who only care about what shiny bling bling stuff they are buying next, and there are the sweet rural girls whose biggest concern is to catch a nice husband, get married and have children. Sweeping generalizations of course, but just my 2 cents.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ions

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
28%
Mar 26, 2012
"sweet girls whose biggest concern is to catch a nice husband, get married and have children."

This is what I am looking for. There are elements in the bold and determined article I don't completely agree with but I am definitely looking for a woman devoted to family with traditional values.

I am looking for a woman who is down to earth with simple desires but who will have a fantastic life if she has faith in me and my plan.

That's why I wanted to find my life-partner before I become financially successful because I want her to fall in love with my character not my money. That was the thought anyway and yes I live in a large urban area.

In regards to meeting women through family and friends I think I exhausted all options there and I find networking to meet women not an efficient use of time. I think you are right that women who pay for a professional matchmaker expect to meet men who are doing well financially but it just boggles my mind why they want everything now. What's wrong with living a $70-$80K life style for a few years while working towards complete financial freedom? That should be seen as a sign of maturity and virtue.

It shouldn't surprise me though as a small minority of the population understands the fast lane logic and principals.

Last edited:

FastNAwesome

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
May 23, 2011
For the first three months of dating I was meeting the women on Match.com and Eharmony.

Online dating allows for too much fakeness, and wastes a lot of time for very small results. Exceptions are guys who are just spamming everyone with the goal of getting one night stands. That works, but for my taste that sucks too.

I explained to the matchmaker that even though I made $150K last year I am only willing to live a $70-$80K lifestyle because I want to grow my business and invest my money.

Matchmaker - that really sucks. And how come your income level matters? Let's see...

I thought the last woman she introduced me to was down to earth but on our second date she disclosed that she wants a Porsche Cayenne as her next car and wants to go on $20K-$30K vacations / year.

Don't be played a fool. Don't be nobody's walking ATM.

Reality check - none of these things you did is dating (online, matchmaker). So you haven't been dating at all. You've just met with some low quality gold-digger who's not even good at gold digging, so she needed a matchmaker.

I am looking for a woman who is down to earth with simple desires but who will have a fantastic life if she has faith in me and my plan.

That's why I wanted to find my life-partner before I become financially successful because I want her to fall in love with my character not my money.

There are many women like that. But it might take a bit of effort to find them, and it sure does take some game to find and keep them.

You need to step your game up. You need to learn some GAME.

And there's too much to it for me to write it in a post. But once mastered, it really makes the dating thing very simple and enjoyable.

DreamsCameTrue

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
334%
Jun 29, 2014
Hollywood Hills
Thanks for all the responses and feedback. I appreciate it.

I read all the comments, read the bold and determined article and watched the Corey Wayne video.

For the first three months of dating I was meeting the women on Match.com and Eharmony. After three months I realized it's extremely time consuming using online dating and I hired a professional matchmaker. I explained to the matchmaker that even though I made $150K last year I am only willing to live a $70-$80K lifestyle because I want to grow my business and invest my money. I thought the last woman she introduced me to was down to earth but on our second date she disclosed that she wants a Porsche Cayenne as her next car and wants to go on $20K-$30K vacations / year. These purchases are fine when I have achieved my financial goal but I am definitely not spending my money in this manner at this juncture.

Right now I am at a cross roads. Should I continue dating because I have momentum and feel my dating skills are becoming polished after continuously dating for 6 months or should I put my head down and focus again on growing my business and developing my second software product.

If I was forced to make a decision at this very moment I would choose take a break from dating and focus exclusively on growing my business.

Might as well focus on making more money and achieving my financial goal and then having a choice whether or not I want to buy a Cayenne. Right now I don't feel I have that choice unless I want to be a side walker which is an unacceptable option.

Was she a cool girl otherwise? I would not have dropped her for saying this if she had other good qualities. Lots of people have materialistic dreams. That doesn't mean any of it will happen. If a girl dreams of driving a porshe, I suggest you commend her on the fact that she has lots of ambition. Suggest to her that there's lots of great ways to make money and buy as many porshes as you want. Was she suggesting that YOU buy her a porshe? Cause that's a whole different story. I think most women will throw stuff out there like that without even thinking about it. Just remember, you don't have to spend a single dime on any girl that you're dating to have a good relationship. Lead with personality and sex appeal. I'm a millionaire and I spend zero on women I'm dating. I encourage them to be independent and they are very happy with that.

Leading with money will land you abusive women.

Leading with personality and sex appeal will land you exciting and independent women.

There's many shortcuts to dating and getting the hottest girls, but I don't want to get into it here because there's rules against posting about this topic on this forum.

ions

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
28%
Mar 26, 2012
She was / is actually a pretty cool girl otherwise and I didn't close the book on her yet. She is very maternal and I believe she would be devoted to raising a family and be very loyal and supportive. She is intelligent, feminine and has confidence. I didn't find her stunning in the looks department but she is not unattractive. The type of vacations she likes (African Safaris) doesn't bother me that much because it's something I would totally enjoy doing myself but not sure if I am prepared to dish out $10-20K this year. So on one hand the fact that she went on those vacations and paid for them herself is a positive and demonstrates her values and character. Her purse range is in the $500 department which is acceptable as long as she only buys 1-2 / year which she said she does. (Weird discussion on a second date I know but she brought up these topics and she really valued that we could have this conversation.) The porsche thing threw me off the most because I find it to be such a stupid purchase if one can't afford it and she totally can't afford it with her salary. I don't believe she was suggesting I buy her the porsche but I think she was trying to communicate some of her life-style desires if we were to be together. She doesn't believe in making huge sacrifices in the present for the future. She has a decent job and is slowlaner.

"I suggest you commend her on the fact that she has lots of ambition."

Yes that is actually a positive. I like girls that have high expectations because it motivates me but it would be nice if they had some patience and could delay gratification. Instead of going on an African Safari this year, why can't we hang out at my uncle's beautiful cottage and use that money for investments so in 5 years we can go on a 6 month Safari. Also it would be nice to believe that she would still love me if my business went sour and I would have to rebuild.

I think I just have to be more firm and say listen this is how it's going to be. You are either in or you are out. It probably wasn't wise to have such a deep conversation on the second date. Dating was much easier when I was younger because I was willing to date girls for various reasons. This time around I am just looking for a wife and really just want to get back to focusing on my business and relaxing with her at the end of the day.

Hassen

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Mar 13, 2015
"sweet girls whose biggest concern is to catch a nice husband, get married and have children."

This is what I am looking for. There are elements in the bold and determined article I don't completely agree with but I am definitely looking for a woman devoted to family with traditional values.

That's why I wanted to find my life-partner before I become financially successful because I want her to fall in love with my character not my money. That was the thought anyway and yes I live in a large urban area.

In regards to meeting women through family and friends I think I exhausted all options there and I find networking to meet women not an efficient use of time. I think you are right that women who pay for a professional matchmaker expect to meet men who are doing well financially but it just boggles my mind why they want everything now. What's wrong with living a $70-$80K life style for a few years while working towards complete financial freedom? That should be seen as a sign of maturity and virtue.

It shouldn't surprise me though as a small minority of the population understands the fast lane logic and principals.

As for the matchmaker services, are you using one that both parties pay? Usually this type of practice is frowned upon among matchmakers themselves because then they have interests in both the man and the woman that looking out for the best interests for either could be jeopardized. More often only one party is the matchmaker's client, usually the man. Meaning you pay, and the girls just sign up to be selected. In this case, you can see easily why the women aren't very financially savvy, since they aren't wealthy themselves or successful career-wise. If they aren't from especially ambitious backgrounds (some good matchmakers actively recruit young women who are highly educated or have high career ambitious into their pool, instead of just letting anyone interested sign up), it's more likely they are just gold diggers and not very smart ones either.

Last edited:

DreamsCameTrue

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
334%
Jun 29, 2014
Hollywood Hills
Yeah you should hang out with her a few more times and meet some other girls as well so you can find out what floats your boat.

I think you just got too ahead of yourself with all this.

If you get in the relationship, just be sure you have most of the power (women like guys who keep most of the power and don't take any crap), and then you can call the shots on all the vacations and cars etc. You don't ever have to pay her share or buy her a car, so it shouldn't be a major issue for you.

If you look for a woman who has a fully developed FastLane mindset, you're really gonna shrink your strike zone. Then dating will be way more time consuming cause you're looking for a needle in a hay-planet. If financial mindset is that important to you, just look for a woman who is open to learning. Most women are highly adaptable once they are in a relationship. They change their mindset pretty quickly if they see that you have a good idea.

ions

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
28%
Mar 26, 2012
"And there's too much to it for me to write it in a post. But once mastered, it really makes the dating thing very simple and enjoyable"

I can totally see how dating can be enjoyable once you have attained your financial goal.

But right now I generally find dating to be distracting and draining. I find the time I give to dating could be spent on growing my business but I justify this drag with the fact that I want a family and if I do find the right girl she could be a major boost to business acceleration.

However, after six months of not meeting the right girl I am starting to consider taking break. I find that for me personally dating / searching significantly hinders my productivity. The way my mind works is I can only do one thing really well at a time.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
I think I just have to be more firm and say listen this is how it's going to be. You are either in or you are out. It probably wasn't wise to have such a deep conversation on the second date. Dating was much easier when I was younger because I was willing to date girls for various reasons. This time around I am just looking for a wife and really just want to get back to focusing on my business and relaxing with her at the end of the day.

It is wise, because the faster you find out what a person is like, the faster you know whether to waste your time or not. The more questions you ask the better. The more you know the better. While your motivation is marriage. You really have to shut off that point of view and be objective. I suppose I'm really old fashion, but today in this world, I would be concentrating on the friendship part of it, before jumping any further. The strong foundation lasts a life time. You speed in dating and go to fast you crash. While fast lane is necessary for business, side walk is necessary for relationships.

I watch to many people be stupid and jump for any women and or man and a month later complain about all the money they've lost, or they've move across the states, gave everything up, or made other bad choices because they thought they found their "Thee Soul Mate.' "The love of their life." "They're in love." Sorry to say, but love evolves over a long period of time and through the hard times as well as the good times. And I never looked at the statistics, but I can tell you just from talking to thousands since 2007 online they're is only a small portion of people that really are wanting a real relationship versus just a big bang and good time.

And people get caught up on the waiting. Everyone is waiting for the Knight and shining armor to come rescue them. And I tell these women all the time until they've become Mrs. Right, they're not going to find Mr. Right. They have to be developed, such as in your case. And like the other day I got into it with another coach because he doesn't like I'm teaching people to change and develop. In his opinion they don't want to change, and be fixed. That's another story, but the point being even the men, I say the same thing. For example: A man has a wife and children. In a band. And asking me advice about relationships with other woman. And he's looking still for another woman while he's already married, and his wife is waiting for him to notice her.

People get in relationships for the wrong the reason and not personally developed or mature enough to hand them. I wouldn't worry about rushing it until you know her well enough.

Mrs. BRKb

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
142%
Apr 27, 2008
USA
Keep the faith. Happy endings are out there somewhere, someday.

19Detwiler-master675.jpg

‘Booyah’ at the End of This First Date - Jim Cramer Marries Lisa Detwiler
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/04/19/fashion/weddings/19DetwilerCramer.html

DreamsCameTrue

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
334%
Jun 29, 2014
Hollywood Hills
"And there's too much to it for me to write it in a post. But once mastered, it really makes the dating thing very simple and enjoyable"

I can totally see how dating can be enjoyable once you have attained your financial goal.

But right now I generally find dating to be distracting and draining. I find the time I give to dating could be spent on growing my business but I justify this drag with the fact that I want a family and if I do find the right girl she could be a major boost to business acceleration.

However, after six months of not meeting the right girl I am starting to consider taking break. I find that for me personally dating / searching significantly hinders my productivity. The way my mind works is I can only do one thing really well at a time.

I would caution against this idea of "I'll develop my company first and do dating later." You're at an exciting time right now, and you've got good energy for dating when you're growing a business. Guys who wait till later...i dont know, it seems to go bad. Years go by and it's lonely and boring.

Also, I think your business acceleration will be largely unaffected by whether you find the right girl or not. Employees grow your business, ideas grow your business, mates do not.

If 6 months of searching is giving you a sour taste, I'd suggest you re-tool your approach. You clearly want to succeed in this area. Taking a break will not get you closer to the goal. You should do some kind of dating education curriculum for men. They can be done in 5-10 hours a week and this will give you the new approach you need.

Rawr

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
95%
Aug 12, 2007
south florida
Could look into women who came here from abroad. More traditional roles and values there. Can be done by going to places they hang out - salsa lessons, dining/coffee shops at specific ethnic neighborhoods, setting filters up on okcupid, etc.

DreamsCameTrue

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
334%
Jun 29, 2014
Hollywood Hills
Most women are willing to go traditional if they really like a guy. Women are very adaptable.
The foreign women thing is something I would caution you against, if what Rawr means is non-citizens who are looking for a green card.
They will get the green card after a few years of marriage and you'll wake up the next day and she will be gone. This is not a good plan A.

Dating success comes from developing a personality that makes women attracted, interested, and turned on. Money doesn't help much, shortcuts like a green card set you up for disaster.

Men look for a zillion different ways to shortcut this whole issue, but in the end it's really better to develop your personality a bit. It doesn't take that long and it works way better.

FastNAwesome

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
May 23, 2011

But right now I generally find dating to be distracting and draining. I find the time I give to dating could be spent on growing my business

Ironically, some of the most fantastic dating times for me were when I was flat broke. Completely. And many of my girls were successful in business/had well paid jobs/came from rich families.

If you can spark the fire in her eyes. If you can make her smile. If you can make her heart beat faster. Nothing else matters at times like that.

Dating becomes enjoyable when you become good at it.

I think you're just doing it the wrong way, and hence it consumes lots of your time and effort, with nothing to show for it. So it's normal that you don't want to do it anymore.

Postponing it for a later time won't do you any good. You'll just be older. And probably have more money, but if you want them to like you for you and not the money, that's irrelevant.

While age becomes increasingly more relevant the more you have of it. Especially if you want to be a parent.

but I justify this drag with the fact that I want a family and if I do find the right girl she could be a major boost to business acceleration.

That's the thing, it shouldn't be a drag at all. It should be fun. Your only sweet dilemmas should be which one of your options to choose. There's an abundance of women. And the only drag should be having to wake up early after nights filled with passion.

If 6 months of searching is giving you a sour taste, I'd suggest you re-tool your approach. You clearly want to succeed in this area. Taking a break will not get you closer to the goal.

+1

BruceWayne

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
Feb 26, 2009
Wisconsin, USA
The foreign women thing is something I would caution you against, if what Rawr means is non-citizens who are looking for a green card.

Agreed.

I'm married to a Filipina. We met online. While this can work (it's worked for us, over 6 years together so far) and while there are many amazing women in other countries, the pitfalls are huge and mostly hidden. I got lucky. Many, many others do not.

ions

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
28%
Mar 26, 2012
DreamsCameTrue,

I am surprised you believe women are so adaptable. I basically go in with the belief that people don't generally change. They can act / pretend for several months but then their true nature will eventually come out and they will bounce back to their original being and values. Brian Tracy says if people change consider that a miracle. https://www.facebook.com/BrianTracyPage/posts/10150439236973460

I went out with a girl last month who I liked, however, during our first date she disclosed that when she hears that one of her friends is pregnant internally she thinks "well her life is officially over" and cringes inside a bit. I asked her why did the matchmaker introduce us then and her response was basically "I might want to have children eventually." I told her how I ended a brief courtship because the girl had very high financial expectations $3K purses, $400 dollar shoes, luxury car etc... I then asked her how much are your purses and she responded with "do you really want to ask me that?" with a smile implying that she probably has $1K + purses as well.

I actually liked this girl because she was very smiley, smart, feminine, attractive and could argue her points well but decided not call her back because I don't want to date someone who doesn't have strong maternal instincts and sees children as a burden to her creativity and self expression.

I think I made the right choice here. Thoughts?

Thanks

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
test

ions

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
28%
Mar 26, 2012
<quote>That's the thing, it shouldn't be a drag at all. It should be fun. Your only sweet dilemmas should be which one of your options to choose. There's an abundance of women. And the only drag should be having to wake up early after nights filled with passion. </quote>

The primary reason it's a drag is because the energy I am expending on talking on the phone, going on date etc... could be invested in seeking out a new customer or building my next software product. I feel like I am falling behind in my business, not meeting my 2015 target and loosing business momentum. My second software product should have been built by now and customers are waiting for it. Also once I get into serious coding /development mode I pretty much don't think about anything else; my social skills drop and it's difficult for me to switch from my developer hat to my socially savvy hat.

The second reason it's a drag is because I have to interact with side walkers and slowlaners and I feel like listening to their view points can unconsciously erode at my mindset. In fact I know it does and but I am getting better at protecting myself. I bought MJ's audio book last week and listen to it while I drive so I don't let interactions with side walkers infect my mind.

Finally, because I do online dating and matchmaking you may invest let's say 1-2 hours emailing, talking on the phone, preparing for a date /commuting and then within 5 seconds of meeting you know she is not the one and then you have to sit around for 30 minutes because you don't want to be a jerk.

The positive in all this is I am getting frustrated to the point where I am considering behaviors such as approaching girls in public as something that is worth the potential embarrassment and rejection.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.