The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Customizable balls (keychains, masks,..)

Jojo

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Jan 21, 2015
Hi!

I have just found out and joined this forum today. I was looking for a community like this to ask some questions and I'm actually really impressed that this is such a big community, with many different threads, where all sorts of conversations are going on.

A few days ago I saw a post somewhere on the internet about someone making big smiley faces and he had quite a big success with his project. My project would also be based on something trendy, but the items would be in a round shape. It could be a keychain or a bike helmet type mask (I hope this makes sense).
Now the products would have to be the same, so hand making them would probably be too difficult. I was thinking about making a model in a 3D modeling software and print them in a 3D printer. However, I don't think a 3D printer prints in color and I don't think plastic is the right material for this (maybe for the masks).

If someone has any ideas about the production, I would greaty appreciate a comment :)
Thanks

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Walter Hay

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
401%
Sep 13, 2014
World citizen
Hi!

I have just found out and joined this forum today. I was looking for a community like this to ask some questions and I'm actually really impressed that this is such a big community, with many different threads, where all sorts of conversations are going on.

A few days ago I saw a post somewhere on the internet about someone making big smiley faces and he had quite a big success with his project. My project would also be based on something trendy, but the items would be in a round shape. It could be a keychain or a bike helmet type mask (I hope this makes sense).
Now the products would have to be the same, so hand making them would probably be too difficult. I was thinking about making a model in a 3D modeling software and print them in a 3D printer. However, I don't think a 3D printer prints in color and I don't think plastic is the right material for this (maybe for the masks).

If someone has any ideas about the production, I would greaty appreciate a comment :)
Thanks
3D printing is not often the most economical production method. It is great for making prototypes.

Does the product have to be 3 dimensional or will a flat material shaped to your "round" shape do? Is the product to have printing on it?

Your fellow members really need more information if we are to give sound advice. I am not interested in selling products, seeing that I am retired, so you might like to send me a private message. I have had very wide experience in manufacturing so I may be able to help.

Regards,
Walter

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.