The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

CRITIQUE MY PRODUCTS.

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

borntodominate

Bronze Contributor
Aug 31, 2014
So what do you think of my products in terms of design etc?

http://btdfitness.com/store
customdiet2.jpg

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

GrensonMan

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Oct 13, 2014
Texas
I'm not a fan of the 3/4 angle photographs. The design remind me of a bar of chocolate. The photograph that is surrounded by the mint green kind of throws me off. Why is the guy covering his face? I get that he is showing off the sculpted abs etc but I think there are better ways to do it.

I'm by no means a profession in this area so take my recommendations with a grain of salt. You are selling meal plans in the first offer right? Why not have a photo of the dude shirtless taking a post workout shake, or better yet have him standing over a blender mixing some shit up.

The second pic makes more sense because you are selling a workout plan. I would ditch the whole card design.

Last edited:

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
It doesn't really do much for me. I agree with the others his face is cut off and does look like a chocolate bar.

• Banned

borntodominate

Bronze Contributor
Aug 31, 2014
I'm not a fan of the 3/4 angle photographs. The design remind me of a bar of chocolate. The photograph that is surrounded by the mint green kind of throws me off. Why is the guy covering his face? I get that he is showing off the sculpted abs etc but I think there are better ways to do it.

I'm by no means a profession in this area so take my recommendations with a grain of salt. You are selling meal plans in the first offer right? Why not have a photo of the dude shirtless taking a post workout shake, or better yet have him standing over a blender mixing some shit up.

The second pick makes more sense because you are selling a workout plan. I would ditch the whole card design.
I also thought the dude covering his face was a little off, sorta gives the impression that he "hates it" because he is covering his face. I really like the card design

GrensonMan

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Oct 13, 2014
Texas
I also thought the dude covering his face was a little off, sorta gives the impression that he "hates it" because he is covering his face. I really like the card design
Ya but what is the point of the design? Is it just here because you like it? Will your customers like it? I would show the face in both pics. Studies show that people respond favorably to photographs that contain faces.

For the meal plans photo, why not have a smoking hot girl mixing up some food with a super ripped dude? Make it look like a couples thing.

• Banned

borntodominate

Bronze Contributor
Aug 31, 2014
Ya but what is the point of the design? Is it just here because you like it? Will your customers like it? I would show the face in both pics. Studies show that people respond favorably to photographs that contain faces.

For the meal plans photo, why not have a smoking hot girl mixing up some food with a super ripped dude? Make it look like a couples thing.
Point of the design is to look like a card that will give you the upperhand in achieving your goals

I agree on the face thing, thats why i changed it

GrensonMan

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Oct 13, 2014
Texas
Point of the design is to look like a card that will give you the upperhand in achieving your goals

I agree on the face thing, thats why i changed it

Cool, just saw the new photo. Looks way better that way IMHO. I'm not trying to rip on you man. Maybe make the design thinner so it resembles the thickness of a card more?

borntodominate

Bronze Contributor
Aug 31, 2014
Cool, just saw the new photo. Looks way better that way IMHO. I'm not trying to rip on you man. Maybe make the design thinner so it resembles the thickness of a card more?
I'll play around with it, i wanted to do something unique and i havent seen anyone do this in regards to selling meal plans etc

Digamma

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
301%
Nov 13, 2014
I didn't get it when I looked at it. A card is flat, and has a different ratio (a French playing card should be wider than that). Maybe you could try to change those things and see what comes out.

Also, I saw a deck of cards online for sale once that had a really slick design. It had an image on the card, kind of like yours, but it was slightly oblique. The result was awesome. I'll edit if I can find it for you.

EDIT: Found it.
2.jpg

I remember thinking it was a really good design. Maybe you can get some inspiration.

EDIT2:
The standard poker deck card is 3.5in long and 2.5in wide. I think if you use the same ratio you can get a more "cardy" feeling. Our minds use things like ratios to recognize patterns, far more than symbols like the spade.

Last edited:

borntodominate

Bronze Contributor
Aug 31, 2014
I didn't get it when I looked at it. A card is flat, and has a different ratio (a French playing card should be wider than that). Maybe you could try to change those things and see what comes out.

Also, I saw a deck of cards online for sale once that had a really slick design. It had an image on the card, kind of like yours, but it was slightly oblique. The result was awesome. I'll edit if I can find it for you.

EDIT: Found it.
2.jpg

I remember thinking it was a really good design. Maybe you can get some inspiration.

EDIT2:
The standard poker deck card is 3.5in long and 2.5in wide. I think if you use the same ratio you can get a more "cardy" feeling. Our minds use things like ratios to recognize patterns, far more than symbols like the spade.
that looks awesome, ive got an idea. should take me a few min

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
Well ha ha yes, chocolate bars are different than playing cards or credit card style.

Marc B.

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
204%
Sep 23, 2012
Oklahoma
If you can, find a way to quantify the benefits on your product pages, and be specific about how your product will help the customer. I think this is especially true for fitness products, especially when they come at a premium price. People want the important questions answered first. Can you offer them a free preview?

Tailored towards both size and strength
"How much stronger will I get?"

"How much weight can I expect to lose?"

"What will my body fat percentage be?"

"How long do I have to follow this program?"

Reach your goals faster than before
"How much faster? 2x faster? 3x faster?"

I understand that not all of these can be answered since results vary from person to person, but I hope this gives you a good starting point. Look at the popular fitness products, diet plans, and videos like Beachbody's products, for example. Lose ___ fat in ___ days. They lay it out for the customer to eliminate the guess work.

borntodominate

Bronze Contributor
Aug 31, 2014
If you can, find a way to quantify the benefits on your product pages, and be specific about how your product will help the customer. I think this is especially true for fitness products, especially when they come at a premium price. People want the important questions answered first. Can you offer them a free preview?

Tailored towards both size and strength
"How much stronger will I get?"

"How much weight can I expect to lose?"

"What will my body fat percentage be?"

"How long do I have to follow this program?"

Reach your goals faster than before
"How much faster? 2x faster? 3x faster?"

I understand that not all of these can be answered since results vary from person to person, but I hope this gives you a good starting point. Look at the popular fitness products, diet plans, and videos like Beachbody's products, for example. Lose ___ fat in ___ days. They lay it out for the customer to eliminate the guess work.
Im actually going to add these questions in the description, very good advice. The only problem is that they can be either or. meaning gaining muscle or losing weight

G

GuestUser112

Purple isn't a very good color to use. I'd go with more aggressive colors. Purple is what I wear when I want to appear friendly and soft - not really conducive to getting ripped. I want to see something like this.

upload_2014-11-25_13-13-16.jpeg

darkjediii

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
29%
Jun 8, 2010
Washington, DC area
Try green or bright gradient BG and make text look easier to read - Copyright is so tricky, it's almost like you have to start out with paragraphs then condense to a couple of words as much as humanly possible. Almost like structuring keywords to look like sentences!

EDIT: Here's some random copyright off the top of my head that you can go off of:

headline:
NOT EVERYONE
IS CREATED EQUAL

Stop wasting time with generic workouts!
Explode to your goal 10x faster with a custom plan.

-Dominate with size and strength
-Explosive gains on your weakest body parts
-Adonis abs and cardio program
-comprehensive guides: how to execute exercises properly for 0% waste and 100% gains

Last edited:

borntodominate

Bronze Contributor
Aug 31, 2014
Try green or bright gradient BG and make text look easier to read - Copyright is so tricky, it's almost like you have to start out with paragraphs then condense to a couple of words as much as humanly possible. Almost like structuring keywords to look like sentences!

EDIT: Here's some random copyright off the top of my head that you can go off of:

headline:
NOT EVERYONE
IS CREATED EQUAL

Stop wasting time with generic workouts!
Explode to your goal 10x faster with a custom plan.

-Dominate with size and strength
-Explosive gains on your weakest body parts
-Adonis abs and cardio program
-comprehensive guides: how to execute exercises properly for 0% waste and 100% gains

Sparked some creativity. edited the products

Developmental

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
403%
Oct 10, 2014
Nottingham, UK
I personally don't like the green background, given the striking blue colour on the towel/bottle/shorts, it feels incongruous to me.

I've played around in photoshop and used the colour [HASHTAG]#59bbe8[/HASHTAG]

If that isnt to your liking you can use THIS WEBSITE to create colour palettes from a source image

bluediet.jpg

maxlane

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Jul 12, 2013
"Better To Deal Fitness"? (BTDFitness) i was just thinking of an acronym that would fit the text and since we were talking about playing cards..

Deon

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
111%
Jun 19, 2011
Miami, FL
I like the clean design a lot.

The "cards" really don't look like a card at all though... I thought they just looked like flat books.

Isn't that the guy (CEO) from Shredz?

Krzysztof

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
226%
Jul 20, 2014
Warsaw, Poland
I like the clean design, not much I can think of to amend. Only one technical issue:

MY TRANSFORMATION -> CHECK OUT OUR PLANS link is broken (http://btdfitness/custom-plans). Even though the same link from main site (VIEW on the orange bar) is working correctly. Probably some apache url rewriting issue.

Peakdesire

Burning Desire to Succeed
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
58%
May 16, 2014
I feel like something is wrong with them but can't figure out what. Maybe the colours or the pictures...

how much did you pay for your site layout? or theme

Dinho7

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
Apr 7, 2014
South Florida
To be honest, I do not like the design at all. The theme has potential (I like that it is simplistic), but basically looks like an average free Wordpress theme. The big boxes with small text is not working for me. And as many have already mentioned, the cards are not made well. It is mostly due to the angle, because the cards themselves look alright. You can barely read the slogan on the bottom...

I would also have somebody do a language check in the product description. For example, this sentence is not very professional:
"A diet plan is usually 12 weeks long, can be tailored to your specific time frame though."

Not trying to bash you. Good luck with your project!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.