The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Cost of outsourced writing

Y.B.

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
Feb 7, 2014
I just saw another thread on here that claims someone outsourced a fiction novel for $50 which I find to be crazy cheap

So my question is, what have you found to be the average prices for good content?

I think the prices I have mostly seen are around $1000 for a 100 page ebook (non-fiction).

I've never worked with fiction so not sure if that would be more or less expensive.

Also who do you normally to outsource: freelance site like elance, someone else you've worked with in the past from a referral?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Y.B.

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
Feb 7, 2014
Also would be curious as to what people recommend as a good page limit for ebooks (not ones sold on amazon but ones for info products sold on clickbank type sites)

Ziva

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
275%
Feb 14, 2014
Odesk has worked well for me. I have hired both non-fiction and fiction writers there. You do get what you pay for for sure. Fiction writers generally cost less than non-fiction because non-fiction writers need to perform research as well. I hire fiction writers for $.005 per word, but I do major editing of the stories myself. All of my non-fiction books I paid writers $.01 per word with mixed results. I got some writers who were native English speaking and did a great job, while others were terrible. Offer a little bit more pay, and you'll get higher quality applicants for sure. If you were to offer $1000 for a 100 page ebook you could probably find a high quality writer.

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
I outsourced for $50.00 and got complete crap.

It involved some serious hustling, and it wasn't for a novel, but a novella.

Odesk is where a lot of people find freelancers. A referral will lead to better results though.

I went with a freelancer with over 750 hours billed and a 4 1/2 star (I think) for $75 and still got crap.

Usually I see fixed price gigs on there for $100 to $120 for fiction novellas of 10k to 20k words.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Charnell

Block me if you're a quack
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
276%
Oct 12, 2014
Kansas City
I've found that it's usually not the amount being offered that changes the quality, but the location of the worker. Every time I get something back from a country who's native tongue isn't English, I always assume it's going to be bottom of the barrel, and need heavy editing and revising. That's whether I pay $10 or $100.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.