The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Copywriting Mastermind Group 2016

Topics relating to managing people and relationships

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
I wanted to start a thread for those who are serious about learning Copywriting during 2016.
For me this is a huge goal for the year and I want a group of people who can keep each other motivated and accountable.
There is so much GOLD info on here (Sinister Lex and IceCreamKid to name just two) - all is needed is the ACTION.

For those who want to join we will track 4 things weekly:

- Goals for the year and action for the week to get to that goal (x amount of hours/sales/projects)

- Input (what information you COMPLETED that week towards learning Copywriting - book/course/udemy/video series)

- Output (actions taken and COMPLETED that week- profile completed/bid for jobs/4 hours of work for client/18 practice letters written out)

- Income (how much you made that week- let's all be humble/open and except this is an accurate bearing on how things are going. No bashing others but still giving solid accurate feedback.)

If you want to join this group then have a profile ready to go on whatever site you are planning to use by Jan 1st 2016. I would imagine for most it will be UpWork.

You don't have to start off writing (or have any exact online profile for) copy day 1. This will be a thread working towards that goal but you may want to start off with transcribing, content creation or something else. As long as your end goal is copywriting and you are taking action towards that each week that is fine.

If you are in :
- comment on this thread and set your yearly goal for the year (x weekly income/x hour rate/x yearly income etc.)
- openly commit to action and prove this by having a profile ready for Friday Jan 1st

Weeks will start on Sunday end on Saturday (gives 9 days for week 1). Have your info up for the past week by the following Tuesday.

79556da3a07b94c70aae5d1d1632743f.jpg

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
If you are in :
- comment on this thread and set your yearly goal for the year (x weekly income/x hour rate/x yearly income etc.)
- openly commit to action and prove this by having a profile ready for Friday Jan 1st

I am in!

Yearly goal is to get to a rate of $75 an hour and earn a total income of over $75,000.

I commit to this mastermind and pledge to have a profile ready for online freelance work by Jan 1st 2016.

;)

Andyc2288

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
239%
Nov 30, 2015
Interested.

My product should be live in about two weeks and I am thinking about writing my own copy instead of hiring.

Maybe people in the group can review it and give me feedback as well.

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
Interested.

My product should be live in about two weeks and I am thinking about writing my own copy instead of hiring.

Maybe people in the group can review it and give me feedback as well.

I am not going to twist your arm but copy writing is a skill you will always need. It is easy to see who here has learned the skill here but the sheer level of value all their posts offer. They get it. This time next year you will have nearly a full year of regular copy practice to help grow your business forever - if you commit to the process. If you don't then you probably won't.

A few hours a day or week, compounded over a year, with regular input and feedback from a full forum of like minded people will change your life and the value you bring to your business and everyone else you do business from now on. I really see this as a huge 'keystone habit' (The power of habit).

Andyc2288

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
239%
Nov 30, 2015
I am not going to twist your arm but copy writing is a skill you will always need. It is easy to see who here has learned the skill here but the sheer level of value all their posts offer. They get it. This time next year you will have nearly a full year of regular copy practice to help grow your business forever - if you commit to the process. If you don't then you probably won't.

A few hours a day or week, compounded over a year, with regular input and feedback from a full forum of like minded people will change your life and the value you bring to your business and everyone else you do business from now on. I really see this as a huge 'keystone habit' (The power of habit).

Where do I find the sith lord to my young anakin skywalker

Second Saint

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
182%
Jul 3, 2014
I'm in. I already have a profile fully set up on Upwork.

I would rather set monthly goals to keep me focused.

My plan for December is to do Lex's 15 day challenge found here.

Last edited by a moderator:

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
I'm in. I already have a profile fully set up on Upwork.

I would rather set monthly goals to keep me focused.

My plan for December is to do Lex's 15 day challenge found here.

Great. Are you on for weekly updates though (for your monthly goals)? I think doing updates by the week means more accountability and therefore more progress.

Where do I find the sith lord to my young anakin skywalker

Not a Star Wars guy so don't get it. I know my Lord of the Rings though. You in?

Second Saint

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
182%
Jul 3, 2014
Great. Are you on for weekly updates though (for your monthly goals)? I think doing updates by the week means more accountability and therefore more progress.

Definitely. Weekly updates sound great. I meant monthly goals instead of yearly.

Ben Taylor

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
Dec 7, 2015
I'm totally down for this! I've actually been a lurker for a while but since this is something I've been looking to do for a while now, I figured I'd sign up and join the group!

- Goals:
- Output:
  • I have successfully signed up for both UpWork and Fiverr
    • Fiverr for starting out and gaining traction
    • UpWork for real earning potential and more serious clients.

Andyc2288

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
239%
Nov 30, 2015
Can anyone recommend any good books and other good sources so I get a good start.

I will try to allocate atleast 1-2 hours a day to this.

Maybe the 60-90 minutes in the morning after I workout and before work..

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
Can anyone recommend any good books and other good sources so I get a good start.

I will try to allocate atleast 1-2 hours a day to this.

Maybe the 60-90 minutes in the morning after I workout and before work..

Either you are in or out. Comment in one of the many other threads if you are not fully committed.

Gary Halbert 30 day challenge Copywriting Group

The "Astonishing Secrets" Thread

How to Make $1,000 a Week with no Degree, no Feedback, & no Portfolio.

lowtek

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Oct 3, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
I'm in!

I already have a profile (I created it yesterday) and some applications for writing gigs.

Goals for first half of 2016:

hit $100 / hour in freelancing (hopefully copy)

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
In so far and confirmed...

Fox (myself)
- get to a rate of $75 an hour and earn a total income of over $75,000

Second Saint
- Lex's 15 day challenge for December, monthly goals afterwards

Ben Taylor
- making $100/hr writing copy by year end
-fulfill 4HWW 8 steps schedule over the course of the year

Lowtek
- $100 / hour in freelancing (hopefully copy) by half year mark

Phillip Chambers

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
300%
Nov 23, 2015
Hey Fox,

I'm in. I'm already pretty established on Upwork, but I need to step up my game.

Goal

Charge $200 an hour, and get # of hours worked up to 750 by the end of the year.

Input

Will be determined on a weekly basis. Mostly likely reading a book a week, finishing a course, working with a mentor.

Output

Determined on a weekly basis.

Income

Break $100,000 (after tax) by December 31st, 2016

KopyKidd

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
394%
Oct 19, 2012
Washington, DC
I'm in!

I took an extended break from copywriting after switching careers, but I started taking copy work again a few months ago. This group is just what I need to get back in gear.

- Goal: Get my rate up to $100/hr and net at least $75,000 by my 22nd birthday (December 30th 2016).

- Input: I've reread Cashvertising and refreshed myself on Neville Medhora's Kopywriting Kourse.

- Output: Updated my UpWork profile, and started writing some dummy material to fill in the gaps in my portfolio.

EDIT: I checked out that 8-step schedule on the 4HWW website. I've decided to add the completion of a modified version of that schedule to my goals for the year to keep me accountable. (Thanks Ben Taylor for sharing)

Last edited:

The Grind

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Oct 17, 2014
I joined one of these copywriting masterminds before...

I asked the group how much money they were making, every single one of them almost had a heart attack as if actually making money was against their religion.

Wonder if this one will actually make you guys some money instead of being obsessed fastlane fan boys being obsessed with "providing value" but at the end of the day not making a dime.

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
Wonder if this one will actually make you guys some money

I am moving full time to Colombia so this will my main income for the first half of the year.
I don't see any reason why anyone wouldn't make money!?

Ben Taylor

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
Dec 7, 2015
I'm in!

I took an extended break from copywriting after switching careers, but I started taking copy work again a few months ago. This group is just what I need to get back in gear.

- Goal: Get my rate up to $100/hr and net at least $75,000 by my 22nd birthday (December 30th 2016).

- Input: I've reread Cashvertising and refreshed myself on Neville Medhora's Kopywriting Kourse.

- Output: Updated my UpWork profile, and started writing some dummy material to fill in the gaps in my portfolio.

EDIT: I checked out that 8-step schedule on the 4HWW website. I've decided to add the completion of a modified version of that schedule to my goals for the year to keep me accountable. (Thanks Ben Taylor for sharing)

It's great that you found the link I posted to be of use! Also, since you said that you're probably going to be using a modified version of this, for the part that involves helping out business owners and offering your services for free go to Meetup.com and search for entrepreneuship/small business/startup groups. Then begin to go to the events and network, offering your services. I'm away at school right now but this is how I'm going to do it when I get back home in a week.

lowtek

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Oct 3, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
Actions taken:

Started freelancing on Upwork last week. I received two contracts, one for a 4000-5000 word ebook and another for a short sales copy article on a niche product.

I've submitted the sales copy article, and the client is satisfied. Woooo! that first $5 :)

I'll submit the ebook a day early and hopefully the client is satisfied.

Who else has started already?

KopyKidd

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
394%
Oct 19, 2012
Washington, DC
Awesome start lowtek!

Here's what I got done this week:

Input:
  • Reread How to Win Friends and Influence People. One of my favorite books for copywriting, sales, and business in general.
Output:
  • Achieved Top-Rated status as a copywriter on UpWork
  • Received and completed 3 contracts (an 1-page eBook outline, a 7-page Press Kit, and an 2000-word eGuide)
  • Secured a 3-month contract paying $40/hr.
Income:
  • $336 earned
  • $200 pre-sold
Goals
  • Get to at least 75 hours worked by the end of this week. I'm currently at 58 hours, thanks to a ton of fixed-price work.
Who else has gotten started? :)

healthstatus

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Apr 11, 2011
Indianapolis, IN USA
:headbanger: Your premise is that to be successful you do this for other people??? Find a few CPL or affiliate product offers and write copy that makes you money passively for a long time, not a one and done project that makes somebody else money for years. Sorry to pee on the parade....

lowtek

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Oct 3, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
:headbanger: Your premise is that to be successful you do this for other people??? Find a few CPL or affiliate product offers and write copy that makes you money passively for a long time, not a one and done project that makes somebody else money for years. Sorry to pee on the parade....

Absolutely. My rationale for freelancing is the following:

There is a learning curve and It's not so bad to get paid to learn
working for other clients allows me to get the volume of practice I need
By helping others, I can see what things make money, and which things are just chasing money

My intention has always been to put my newly acquired skills to work for me.

thanks for peeing on the parade, it's good input.

chadahr01

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Jun 6, 2015
Upstate NY
The wife and I are going to team on this. She is currently working 3 days a week to provide us health insurance as I am self employed, but 2 kids in daycare is very expensive. It's costing us like $6-700 a month above her income. We are currently seeking other health insurance options, even if we're even or slightly higher than where we're at now, we'd rather have the kids with her, plus there are changes at her job that don't seem promising.

Both of us have read The Boron Letters, she has read another ad copy book as well. We both read daily (any other book recommendations?). We will spend more time in these forums and less time in less productive forums/social media.

We have no experience with Upwork or anything like it but have opened an account based on this thread and look forward to beginning.

Our goal is to make $10,000 off of ad copy freelancing this year, getting paid to learn!!! We will use this knowledge to boost my business and other ventures.

Thank you for starting this, it came at a very good time for us and is alot of help.

Good luck to everyone, 2016 will be our year!

Poookly

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Dec 9, 2015
I'm in. Currently going through Lex's 15 day challenge. Also have a profile on upwork. Applied for 2 jobs so far

My goal is to make $50000 next year. Get to a rate of $75/hour

Mr.Donnerhuhn

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
286%
Aug 2, 2015
I don't know shit about copywriting......count me in!

Goals:

January - Make $100 through copy-writing

February - Make $200 through copy-writing

March - Make $400 through copy-writing

April - Make $700 through copy-writing

May - Make $1,000 through copy-writing

June - Make $1,500 through copy-writing

July-December - Continually improve income via copy-write month over month

Second Saint

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
182%
Jul 3, 2014
We doing the weekly updates yet?

Progress: Day 5 of 15 in Lex's Challenge. I underestimated how challenging it is to write good copy. I'm good at cranking out academic papers or constructing logical and analytical prose... never realized how different of a skill set this is. Sometimes I feel as though I can barely string two words together. Starting to get a hang of writing headlines, though.

My goal for this coming week is to get to Day 9 in the challenge. Purchased Ca$hvertising and will be reading that during the week as well.

Poookly

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Dec 9, 2015
We doing the weekly updates yet?

Progress: Day 5 of 15 in Lex's Challenge. I underestimated how challenging it is to write good copy. I'm good at cranking out academic papers or constructing logical and analytical prose... never realized how different of a skill set this is. Sometimes I feel as though I can barely string two words together. Starting to get a hang of writing headlines, though.

My goal for this coming week is to get to Day 9 in the challenge. Purchased Ca$hvertising and will be reading that during the week as well.

I'm on Day 2 and honestly, the helping people is hard. I've been so focused on myself lately, but it's awesome to do it.

I read some of your headlines.

This one was GOLD:
"Bulking on a Budget — See How I Gained 10lbs in 30 Days for Just $40"

It actually made me STOP.

Nice job man.

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
Nice to see this thread progressing and more people committing.

I just touched down in Colombia on Monday. It has been exciting so far with only having 20 words of Spanish but I am slowly getting set up. Should be getting internet in the apartment this week. As for now I am using the local library. I walked into the library today and got stopped by a group of 20 girls and guys doing some sort of staff training. Had no idea what they were asking for or why I was not allowed to just go sit by the window. Took about 10 minutes of pointing and guessing to figure out that you are not allowed to bring in a bag or a bottle of water ha.

I am currently doing Lex's 15 day challenge and will be done by the new year. My own goals for now are that challenge and having both an UpWork and Fiverr account ready. If people want to start the weekly updates now by all means go for it. It isn't a requirement though until the first week of Jan. This just allows everyone to get ready.

I will update more during the week as I get a better set up. Right now I have 70+ pages of printed Lex's notes to get through and also start day number 3 of that challenge.

Someone asked for a reading suggestion. I read this on the plane...

http://www.amazon.com/dp/0671708821/?tag=tff-amazonparser-20

Amazing book and a huge game changer for mindset and self belief. Check it out if you can.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.