The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Copy product from overseas

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Cembo

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
166%
Jun 26, 2014
Hey guys,

I was just wondering if its legal to copy a product from overseas? Here in Germany we have our own version of "Shark Tank" and there was a group of guys who had a product very similar to "Zipz Wine" as seen on Shark Tank.
They also told the investors that they got the idea from the american Shark Tank.

Is that even legal? Am i allowed to create a product like Scrub Daddy for example and sell it in Germany?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
Yes, if you are not validating any IP. Scrub Daddy most likely has solid IP all over the world.

People here will argue thats not ethical bla bla, but personally I dont care.

BTW I never watched the German show but the few scenes I saw are so ridiculous :(. And that blonde wischhusen or whatever she is called isnt even a real entrepreneur. Just running the small family business lol. Wonder how she got on the show.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
The answer to your question varies by each individual product, and the protections that have been deployed for that product on a local, national, or worldwide basis. There's no one answer to that. Investigate the specific product you are interested in copying.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.