The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Concealed Carry - What do you carry?

Lathan

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
May 24, 2013
Does anyone here have a concealed carry permit? If so, what do you carry? Just recently got in to shooting and what not so just curious. I have a Shield 9mm.
FY7A0254-Edit-Edit.jpg

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Castaway

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
269%
Feb 15, 2014
The Woods
I also have a S&W Shield, though in the .40.

I would highly recommend getting yourself a Talon Grip for it. Basically just grip tape that is cut to fit the gun.

Lets you draw easier (safer) and makes the gun feel better in hand.

In high stress situations, like one where you would need your concealed, you'll revert back to your training. Make sure you train yourself with proper form and drill it into your head, and muscles, so its second nature if you ever have to use it.

How do you like your shield?

Lathan

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
May 24, 2013
Nice. Yea, actually I did buy the Talon grips. The rubberized ones though. They did make a big difference I love them.

Great advice. I plan to go through extensive training over time.

I like it. I had like 3 FTF today when I shot it for the first time. But after getting home and doing a bit of searching, I was pleased to know that the reason is most likely due to me limp wristing the gun.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast

Metabaron

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Feb 16, 2015
Indiana
Ruger SR9C 9mm. Great gun, wife also carries one. We live in a rough neighborhood, they actually have a gunshot detectors to pinpoint shots fired within 20 feet and what caliber. Better safe then sorry. :)

Last edited:

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
I find the less you(anyone) know the better...

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
I carry and Angel 2015. Pray. And a Heart full of love. It's always kept me safe so far.

Lathan

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
May 24, 2013
I carry and Angel 2015. Pray. And a Heart full of love. It's always kept me safe so far.
Yea, and I hope it continues to keep you safe. ......And that's all I got to say about that!

Red

Nigerian Lottery Prince
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
353%
Feb 23, 2010
Phoenix
I have a Shield 9mm.
This goes with me.
Probably a glock 19.
I sleep by this.
usually loaded with hollow points
Black Talons -back from the good ol' days, lol.
And a Heart full of love.
I felt this was a good strategy in your country, but not in the states. Too many whack jobs here. It makes me kind of sad that I feel I live in a country where I need these to "level the playing field" but I absolutely do. I doubt I'll ever need them, but I feel better knowing that I have them. There has been more than one situation where, while I didn't end up needing it, I was very glad I had it. Just in case. Sad. But reality.

Lathan

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
May 24, 2013
@Red What do you use for target ammo in your shield? Right now I'm using 147 grain Winchester Train and Defend rounds but I think I am going to try out some 124 grain. Just not sure which brand. I may even pick up some cheap 115 grain Perfecta from wal mart just to loosen the gun up.

Also, If I remember right, you ride a bike? Is carrying an issue in that case? Just curious

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
Yea, and I hope it continues to keep you safe. ......And that's all I got to say about that!
I can't say it will work forever. I just usually stay out of places I know there is shootings. Police scanners are good for that, you learn the street names and areas. Considering all the security I went through in the United States to get here, I thought it was pretty safe. And hey! Those angels even had a Michigan State Police officer sitting next to me on the first plane to Chicago traveling alone. He got off the plane before me. And waited outside for me, thinking he needed to make sure I got into the plane to Germany. He sat with me for four hours until the plane left.

And on the plane to Germany the staff was flirting with the polish women next to me the whole way and even gave us a bottle of champagne we had to give back cause we didn't want to get in trouble with the border. And some German Janitor spoke German and led me all the way out of the Airport. Now I was heavily guarded the whole way.

I've been in subways, train stations, and almost got hit in Amsterdam because I stepped on the track of a street car because I was busy gawking at everything. Been to France, different places in Germany, Belgium, and sure there were shady characters around.

Even when I've done stupid things like when I was 23 laying in the middle of the pier with 20 foot waves and storm I didn't wash off.

Walked through G.R. and talked to homeless people and on bad streets.

Drove around in a car with the gas tank falling off. Driving in a car, because hey someone says when your windshield wipers aren't working rain-x is a solution and you need to get to your job and their wealthy like you and can't seem to give you five dollars for a small amount of gas, cause they used all their change. I just stuck my head out the window and hoped in the storm I didn't crash.

Driving 20 miles to another job with your window falling down in a snow storm. Not to mention when your heat goes off in the winter. Water shoots all over from frozen pipes. No water for a week. God's Men came and fixed it for me.

Drove on fix-flat for a year to college to graduate. Drove around another car the frame was falling down and didn't know it. Another car the bearings were out and didn't know it.

Went down a river and got pulled in a black whole and didn't drown.

A car accident tumbled in the backseat slammed side to side while it smacked trees. And no bruises.

I could tell you the stories and the places I've been. And hey angels even get your car paid off. I had a warning angel sticker on the back bumper and some old lady came and hit it and smashed it out. My loan was paid off and a good thing, because I didn't have that on bad credit when I divorce happen. And the other crappy cars came. :)

I always figure I'm here for a reason and Angels usually guard you if you have something important to do.

Red

Nigerian Lottery Prince
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
353%
Feb 23, 2010
Phoenix
@Red What do you use for target ammo in your shield?
I would have to look... I honestly don't know off the top of my head, something cheap, I know that, lol. For a while, my husband did his own reloading/custom ammo for his old AR. And yes, I ride. I typically don't carry on the bike, but I have a small/slim fit holster if I feel the need to.

and Angels usually guard you if you have something important to do.
You really have to be careful with statements like this. My father died in a motorcycle accident. Kids die from drowning in pools every year in Phoenix, the list goes on. Your statements come off as potentially heartless to someone who has lost someone they love prematurely. By all means, keep your belief system in place, but just be aware of the message that comments like this can send.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
I felt this was a good strategy in your country, but not in the states. Too many whack jobs here. It makes me kind of sad that I feel I live in a country where I need these to "level the playing field" but I absolutely do. I doubt I'll ever need them, but I feel better knowing that I have them. There has been more than one situation where, while I didn't end up needing it, I was very glad I had it. Just in case. Sad. But reality.

I am from the states. Michigan. And my friend was just murdered by someone gangster. Fortunately, Iike my friend I just didn't go to those places and areas because on the police scanner you knew where the bad areas were. I'm sure If I lived in an area where I needed too, I would. And of course, my great aunt was wealthy and someone broke in and killed her husband in Detroit. I don't blame you for carrying one, I just don't know if I used it even if I got in the situation. I don't care for violence and guns. I'm sure it will get worse in the states the more people fight over stuff happening.

D

DeletedUser394

As tempted as it is to get into the whole arms debate, I'm gonna stay out of it for respect and the fact that this is posted in the right section.

Debating is nauseating anyway haha.

This is what I carry. They've only caught me slippin' once.

71.jpg

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
You really have to be careful with statements like this. My father died in a motorcycle accident. Kids die from drowning in pools every year in Phoenix, the list goes on. Your statements come off as potentially heartless to someone who has lost someone they love prematurely. By all means, keep your belief system in place, but just be aware of the message that comments like this can send.

My intention wasn't to harm anyone. I understand full well from having two friends murdered and one missing isn't pleasant. And been a nurse aide. So I apologize.

Lathan

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
May 24, 2013
I can't say it will work forever. I just usually stay out of places I know there is shootings. Police scanners are good for that, you learn the street names and areas. Considering all the security I went through in the United States to get here, I thought it was pretty safe. And hey! Those angels even had a Michigan State Police officer sitting next to me on the first plane to Chicago traveling alone. He got off the plane before me. And waited outside for me, thinking he needed to make sure I got into the plane to Germany. He sat with me for four hours until the plane left.

And on the plane to Germany the staff was flirting with the polish women next to me the whole way and even gave us a bottle of champagne we had to give back cause we didn't want to get in trouble with the border. And some German Janitor spoke German and led me all the way out of the Airport. Now I was heavily guarded the whole way.

I've been in subways, train stations, and almost got hit in Amsterdam because I stepped on the track of a street car because I was busy gawking at everything. Been to France, different places in Germany, Belgium, and sure there were shady characters around.
Sponsored Ad
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});
Even when I've done stupid things like when I was 23 laying in the middle of the pier with 20 foot waves and storm I didn't wash off.

Walked through G.R. and talked to homeless people and on bad streets.

Drove around in a car with the gas tank falling off. Driving in a car, because hey someone says when your windshield wipers aren't working rain-x is a solution and you need to get to your job and their wealthy like you and can't seem to give you five dollars for a small amount of gas, cause they used all their change. I just stuck my head out the window and hoped in the storm I didn't crash.

Driving 20 miles to another job with your window falling down in a snow storm. Not to mention when your heat goes off in the winter. Water shoots all over from frozen pipes. No water for a week. God's Men came and fixed it for me.

Drove on fix-flat for a year to college to graduate. Drove around another car the frame was falling down and didn't know it. Another car the bearings were out and didn't know it.

Went down a river and got pulled in a black whole and didn't drown.

A car accident tumbled in the backseat slammed side to side while it smacked trees. And no bruises.

I could tell you the stories and the places I've been. And hey angels even get your car paid off. I had a warning angel sticker on the back bumper and some old lady came and hit it and smashed it out. My loan was paid off and a good thing, because I didn't have that on bad credit when I divorce happen. And the other crappy cars came. :)

I always figure I'm here for a reason and Angels usually guard you if you have something important to do.

That's all fine and dandy. My grandmother is a god fearing woman too. She was diagnosed with breast cancer this morning. I respect your beliefs but let's keep this thread about guns please.

Red

Nigerian Lottery Prince
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
353%
Feb 23, 2010
Phoenix
I am from the states. Michigan.
Ah, I gotcha, your current location threw me. I just got back from Europe & spent the last few days in Amsterdam -loved it! Seemed like a very laid back kind of place. Though I would be afraid to drive for fear of running over a commuter on a bicycle, lol.

Lathan

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
May 24, 2013
I am from the states. Michigan. And my friend was just murdered by someone gangster. Fortunately, Iike my friend I just didn't go to those places and areas because on the police scanner you knew where the bad areas were. I'm sure If I lived in an area where I needed too, I would. And of course, my great aunt was wealthy and someone broke in and killed her husband in Detroit. I don't blame you for carrying one, I just don't know if I used it even if I got in the situation. I don't care for violence and guns. I'm sure it will get worse in the states the more people fight over stuff happening.
Sorry I have to address this. I'm not going to act like I know the exact statistic (because I don't), but a high percentage of shootings occur in middle to upper class neighborhoods.

Lathan

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
May 24, 2013
As tempted as it is to get into the whole arms debate, I'm gonna stay out of it for respect and the fact that this is posted in the right section.
There is no debate. I live in the United States and have the right to defend myself.

Edit: Plus I just enjoy shooting as a hobby.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
Yes, it's a nice place, but don't believe there aren't guns here. They carry around concealed weapons, but you won't find them like in America. I have held a few guns before but I just really don't care to be involved with them and especially in America. There was two incidents in my area back home where teens were killed. One because the kid went back to the man's house to apologize for a prank and he opened the door and shot him. And the other one was messing around with a friend while his parents were gone. I think it's just those incidents that bother me that if we didn't have guns, in the middle of anger, it's not so easy to fire down the street or children don't get in the mix.

College shootings or things like that. And really I think our country is obsessed with guns. Probably every other house has more then one. I don't know the statistics. I always wondered how many guns there would be if everyone had to hand them in. Because ha ha, there's always those collector's that have tons of them you don't know about hidden under floors. Even as a nurse aide once, I was using the vac. and there was a loaded gun under the chair. And she apologized, but it could have fired.

I just assume people have guns in america, because I've been in situations where they just show up unannounced.

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
Let's keep this thread on topic. If not this can take a turn for the worse and may force us to close it.

Lathan

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
May 24, 2013
As good of a reputation glock has for durability/reliability, I have to get one. I was back n forth between glock 27 and shield 9 but eventually went with the shield just because of the slimmer build, and also the price point played a part as well. Not to mention it also has a good reputation.

Edit: I meant glock 26 not 27.

Last edited:
G

Guest3722A

As good of a reputation glock has for durability/reliability, I have to get one. I was back n forth between glock 27 and shield 9 but eventually went with the shield just because of the slimmer build, and also the price point played a part as well. Not to mention it also has a good reputation.
Plus, imo, a glock I don't think should be something for someone new, seeing that the safeties are all deactivated on the trigger. It takes a while to really train your mind to keep your finger out of the trigger guard until on target for some.

edit: and let's add to this that if by chance someone is involved in a lethal encounter, your adrenalin will most likely have you shaking and without proper repetitive training I would definitely have to side with keeping away from guns like this, which, as I look, it seems the one you're choosing may have this same type of system. But I'm not familiar with what you picked up.

Honestly, be careful with that one until you've got alot of practice in

Last edited by a moderator:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.