The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Coaching Call - How to Get $10,000 per Month in Cash Flow Without Buying Houses

CashFlowDepot

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
177%
May 16, 2009
Central America
Just a quick reminder about the Coaching Call on Tuesday, August 26th at 7 pm Central. It's all about how to create a $5000 - $10,000 or MORE monthly cash flow without buying houses or getting loans.

David Tilney will be my guest speaker. He will talk about how you can find opportunities to Master Lease a property then sublease it so you can make the cash flow spread. In a typical scenario, you might Master Lease a property for $750 per month then sublease it for $1000 per month so you make $250 per month cash flow.

Get 10 of these going and you have $2500 per month in cash flow on properties you do not have to buy or own. Get 50 Master Leases to enjoy a $12,500 per month cash flow. I know one of David’s students who have 150 Master Leases! Do the math!!! That’s $37,500 monthly cash flow on properties he does not even own.

It is easier than you think to get Master Leases. Join me on the Coaching Call to learn more details.

Plus..because you don’t own the property you also don’t have the responsibility for repairs, taxes, or insurance.

The key to success with Master Leasing is having good systems in place to manage the property and the tenant. David’s Hassle Free Property Management systems teach you how to find the right tenants, how to collect rents in a few minutes, and how to reduce vacancy time.

The Coaching Call about Master Leasing and Hassle Free Property Management starts at 7 pm Central.

Call 1-425-440-5100
Access Code 151621#

You don’t want to miss this Coaching Call!

Best of Success… and Freedom,
Jackie

P.S. If you miss the call, the replay will be available on Wednesday at www.CashFlowDepot.com ( for members only)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

BeDoHave

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
154%
Aug 6, 2014
Hi Jackie, can master leasing be done in London? Also are there any age limitations to doing master leases?

FrankSmith

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
131%
Oct 13, 2011
Hi Jackie, what are the risks involved? For example lets say during a 5 year MLA a sub lease tenant leaves and your unable to find a new tenant then who takes the responsibility for the remaining costs? I presume a sub tenant would be found before the start of the MLA, right?

Is the MLA worded in a such a way where there is minimum risk for the lessee? Thanks

CashFlowDepot

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
177%
May 16, 2009
Central America
There are two ways to structure a Master Lease

1. Fixed Lease - you pay the owner a fixed amount every month even if the house is vacant. You get more cash flow this way, but you take on more risks.

2. Performance Lease - you pay the owner a percentage of the rent collected, when it is collected. If no rent is collected, you owe no rent. Your cash flow is a little less but you have NO RISKS!.

To avoid risks of making rent payments on a vacant house, it is better to start do a Performance Lease.

After you have a better understanding of the market and learn how to attract tenants who stay a long time, then you should go for a Fixed Lease because it will increase your cash flow.

If you have a nice house in a nice neighborhood with good schools close by, you will attract quality tenants who will want to stay a very long time.

It is better NOT to do low end houses when Master Leasing.

FrankSmith

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
131%
Oct 13, 2011
Thanks for the quick reply. Will there be an upsell to the introductory call and can you direct me to the sales page? I see David will be running a seminar in October...

CashFlowDepot

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
177%
May 16, 2009
Central America
The call will be filled with a lot of information about Master Leasing. I will mention David's seminar in October. He has no books and no home study courses. So, there is nothing to "sell". He only teaches the seminar 1 - 2 times a year.

Because I personally have been to the seminar, I do Master Leasing, and I know people who are making great cash flow with Master Leasing, I want to help get the word out about this amazing technique.

The big message is that you do NOT need to buy real estate to make money with it. And you sure don't need to rehab houses.

You can make a chunk of cash getting options then selling quickly or doing a Highest Bidder Sale.

You can make great cash flow with Master Leasing.

If you have a Master Lease AND an option to buy, you can make cash flow now and a chunk of cash later.

Don't let lack of money or good credit hold you back from making money with real estate.

Envision

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
779%
May 5, 2014
Can you provide a bit of background on master leasing? Ive never heard of it. I don't think ill be able to tune into the call because I have to work but ill definitely let my dad know.

Sounds like a great opportunity

jazb

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
232%
Nov 24, 2013
The U.K
So i pay 750 a month rent, then lease it out for 1000. where does my value added come into it? It just sounds like a dirty dropshipping method where you increase prices to make your cut...screwing over the consumer in the process. I hope i'm wrong on this

daivey

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Apr 6, 2014
So i pay 750 a month rent, then lease it out for 1000. where does my value added come into it? It just sounds like a dirty dropshipping method where you increase prices to make your cut...screwing over the consumer in the process. I hope i'm wrong on this
you provide zero value add except you find tenants willing to pay more.

CashFlowDepot

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
177%
May 16, 2009
Central America
owner lives in California. The property is in Florida. You get the house ready to rent. You find the best tenant for the property. If tenant has a problem, they call you, not the owner who is 1000s of miles away. You collect rents then send the owner their portion of the rent. If the air conditioner stops working, you get bids then get the work done which the owner pays for.

If the owner lived in the same town, they might not need you.

But when the owner is not close by or they are just too busy, they need someone like you to take care of their property - so they don't have to.

GSF

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
278%
Aug 25, 2012
This is something I have been planning on getting into, seems a great way to start in property, I have found a few motivated landlords/owners, one specifically hates dealing with tenants, also dislikes estate agents (has had bad experiences), he also travels alot so is rarely around to deal with tenant issues so this would be a good solution to his needs. After speaking with him he mentioned he would be willing to accept a lower than market average rent in exchange for a hasle free 'fixed lease' which would allow him to live/ travel abroad without the hassles of tenant problems, propertys also in an excellent higher income area, good school etc, properties in this area often are on the market for a day before being snatched up, I have built a good relationship with this guy so feel I am onto a good one here! Doubt I can make the call but I will listen to the replay!

bmlyon

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
54%
Dec 10, 2013
Wrightsville Beach NC
So essentially this is the same as a property management company? It sounds like I would have the same responsibilities as such. Is there anyway this method is more advantageous to the home owner versus him or her letting a property management company assume the responsibility? and it appears to me that property management companies are a dime a dozen.

Last edited:

MattCour

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Aug 17, 2012
NY
So essentially this is the same as a property management company? It sounds like I would have the same responsibilities as such. Is there anyway this method is more advantageous to the home owner versus him or her letting a property management company assume the responsibility? and it appears to me that property management companies are a dime a dozen.

I would say Sublease is the correct description.

MarkNNelson

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
232%
Jul 12, 2013
Colorado
I would say Sublease is the correct description.

True, but I think the question is valid. If this is just another mechanism to provide the same services as a PM, why would the long-distance owner prefer a master lessee to a PM company? The PM company presumably has a track record of satisfied customers, and takes a smaller cut than the master lessee would.

bmlyon

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
54%
Dec 10, 2013
Wrightsville Beach NC
True, but I think the question is valid. If this is just another mechanism to provide the same services as a PM, why would the long-distance owner prefer a master lessee to a PM company? The PM company presumably has a track record of satisfied customers, and takes a smaller cut than the master lessee would.

This is true; why would a home owner want some individual with, possibly, no background in real estate managing his property. It is something that I would like some clarification on only because I'm very interested in earning money in real estate.

CashFlowDepot

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
177%
May 16, 2009
Central America
There is a big reason an owner would rather work with an individual instead of a big property management company.

1. The individual will give the property more attention to get it rented fast. You don't make any money until you rent it.
VS a property manager will expect to get paid $500 - $800 for an owner to get their property in the management and the PM company will expect to get paid every month even if the property is not rented... so they have no incentive to perform

2. When repairs are needed, with a Master Lease,it will be your responsibility to get bids to fix the problem. You will send the bids to the owner, they can decide which one, then they pay the contractor directly. VS. a property manager will get bids, pick one (usually the one who pays a kick back), then PAD the bid 20-30% before they send a bill to the owner. the owner pays the PM company, not the contractor directly. It cost the owner more for repairs.

The owner actually makes more money working with you VS a PM company.

Envision

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
779%
May 5, 2014
Im in lets get it onnnn

MyronGainz

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
91%
Dec 26, 2013
Toronto
There is a big reason an owner would rather work with an individual instead of a big property management company.

1. The individual will give the property more attention to get it rented fast. You don't make any money until you rent it.
VS a property manager will expect to get paid $500 - $800 for an owner to get their property in the management and the PM company will expect to get paid every month even if the property is not rented... so they have no incentive to perform

2. When repairs are needed, with a Master Lease,it will be your responsibility to get bids to fix the problem. You will send the bids to the owner, they can decide which one, then they pay the contractor directly. VS. a property manager will get bids, pick one (usually the one who pays a kick back), then PAD the bid 20-30% before they send a bill to the owner. the owner pays the PM company, not the contractor directly. It cost the owner more for repairs.

The owner actually makes more money working with you VS a PM company.

Must be different in the U.S.

In Canada, property management companies typically earn 5-10% of gross rent, which is significantly cheaper than the spreads you mention on an individual Master Lease.

CashFlowDepot

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
177%
May 16, 2009
Central America
You are missing the point... the management fee that Property Managers charge is a drop in the bucket to all the other fees they charge - and the other fees is where they make most of their money.

MattCour

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Aug 17, 2012
NY
@CashFlowDepot I think most of the commenters aren't getting the stress that absentee landlords or out of state owners are feeling. Providing a steady stream of hassle free cash flow is actually a huge way to add value.

Lot's of great info on the call BTW!

I also don't know that PM's would even deal with one SFR or a small multi family property at all.

As Jackie said, it seems the key is finding a burnt out owner that needs your help.

Last edited:

CFLRider

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
243%
Oct 27, 2014
Albany, NY
Just a quick reminder about the Coaching Call on Tuesday, August 26th at 7 pm Central. It's all about how to create a $5000 - $10,000 or MORE monthly cash flow without buying houses or getting loans.

David Tilney will be my guest speaker. He will talk about how you can find opportunities to Master Lease a property then sublease it so you can make the cash flow spread. In a typical scenario, you might Master Lease a property for $750 per month then sublease it for $1000 per month so you make $250 per month cash flow.

Get 10 of these going and you have $2500 per month in cash flow on properties you do not have to buy or own. Get 50 Master Leases to enjoy a $12,500 per month cash flow. I know one of David’s students who have 150 Master Leases! Do the math!!! That’s $37,500 monthly cash flow on properties he does not even own.

It is easier than you think to get Master Leases. Join me on the Coaching Call to learn more details.

Plus..because you don’t own the property you also don’t have the responsibility for repairs, taxes, or insurance.

The key to success with Master Leasing is having good systems in place to manage the property and the tenant. David’s Hassle Free Property Management systems teach you how to find the right tenants, how to collect rents in a few minutes, and how to reduce vacancy time.

The Coaching Call about Master Leasing and Hassle Free Property Management starts at 7 pm Central.

Call 1-425-440-5100
Access Code 151621#

You don’t want to miss this Coaching Call!

Best of Success… and Freedom,
Jackie

P.S. If you miss the call, the replay will be available on Wednesday at www.CashFlowDepot.com ( for members only)

Hey I missed the call, I'm just reading this now in Nov. However, I appreciate you posting what the call is about and the overall idea of how it works. I have a ton of Real Estate experience. I've personally flipped over 500 houses, back when the market was strong and the lenders were easier to work with. I like what you are doing. Its a great way to develop a cash flow without having to have good credit or a bunch of cash.

So many hustlers out there selling a dream. This is a legitimate way of making a monthly cash flow and everyone wins. So many property owners are burnt out and want no part of it anymore. Young fresh faces can come in and spruce a place up and get in in the cash flow in exchange for their renewed motivation to get a place occupied.

Great idea.

VIdentified

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Nov 2, 2014
Hi Jackie and all,

Thank you for sharing. This seems an interesting idea to which I will give some more thought and will follow this thread, of course.

Where I live, many people have emigrated and often they either have some property from before emigration, or have purchased it afterwards, yet they still live abroad and rent the property out. I believe this gives a lot of potential for sublease business. On the other hand, emigration causes a negative effect for the demand of rental property.

CashFlowDepot

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
177%
May 16, 2009
Central America
If you are a licensed real estate agent, you need to check out the contract with your broker or talk to them. They may want a piece of everything you do related to real estate. Hopefully not for leasing.

When you are dealing with owners of the property you need to disclose that you are a licensed real estate agent. You may have to disclose to the tenants too.

Check to see if there is an apartment association in your state. There should be. Do a google search for "your state apartment association" They will have the absolute best rental contracts and addendums which are specifically designed for the laws and rules in your state. The only thing you will need to add to the rental contract when you rent from the owner is that you have the right to sub-lease the property.

killa_graham

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
194%
Oct 25, 2014
Texas
The call will be filled with a lot of information about Master Leasing. I will mention David's seminar in October. He has no books and no home study courses. So, there is nothing to "sell". He only teaches the seminar 1 - 2 times a year.

Because I personally have been to the seminar, I do Master Leasing, and I know people who are making great cash flow with Master Leasing, I want to help get the word out about this amazing technique.

The big message is that you do NOT need to buy real estate to make money with it. And you sure don't need to rehab houses.

You can make a chunk of cash getting options then selling quickly or doing a Highest Bidder Sale.

You can make great cash flow with Master Leasing.

If you have a Master Lease AND an option to buy, you can make cash flow now and a chunk of cash later.

Don't let lack of money or good credit hold you back from making money with real estate.

Thanks for the info CashFlowDepot. This sounds like an incredible opportunity! I wish I had been able to hear the call. Where can I learn more about how to do this?

I live in a college town with a lot of rental properties so I feel like there should be people who would be interested. My main question is how do you go about finding them? I'm young and not very connecred in the community yet. What would you suggest?

CashFlowDepot

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
177%
May 16, 2009
Central America
Any vacant house is a potential opportunity. Any landlord doing an eviction will be motivated to get someone paying on time ( could be you). Out of town landlords are ideal candidates.

Think who would like to get cash flow from their property every month without dealing with the house or tenant hassles.... those are your candidates for a Master Lease

Jamesdoesmith

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
111%
Aug 14, 2014
Looking all around my area is ripe with opportunity and I am frustrated with my lack of cash or credit. I am going to jump in the cash flow depot... learn something I don't know.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.