The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Business Bucket List

Anything related to matters of the mind
D

Deleted21961

It occured to me today that for any ambitious person sooner or later business becomes much more than money and I thought about it a little, and come up with something like business bucket list.

By bucket list I mean a list of business challenges that one can set for oneself and wants to achieve, like:

1. Build hardware business.
2. Build online business.
3. Build importing business.
4. Build legally-hard business.
5. Build highly-profitable low-margin business.
6. Build a business with strictly 0$ investment.
7. Build a venture capital business.

et cetera.

Do you have your business bucket lists?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

M&A

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
141%
Jan 13, 2015
Paris
7655efd8752394448c034443bb85b8de.jpg

Will Hodge

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
224%
Jul 5, 2015
It occured to me today that for any ambitious person sooner or later business becomes much more than money and I thought about it a little, and come up with something like business bucket list.

By bucket list I mean a list of business challenges that one can set for oneself and wants to achieve, like:

1. Build hardware business.
2. Build online business.
3. Build importing business.
4. Build legally-hard business.
5. Build highly-profitable low-margin business.
6. Build a business with strictly 0$ investment.
7. Build a venture capital business.

et cetera.

Do you have your business bucket lists?

I think every commenter here has missed the OP's point completely. Though the advice of "do one thing great before diversifying" is absolutely relevant to starting one business at a time and becoming successful from the get go, it has nothing to do with the message and meaning of this post.

Think in terms of someone's "normal" bucket list. No one jumps out of a plane to go skydiving to complete bucket list item #1 and simultaneously pulls out their Rubik's cube to try to complete bucket list item #2. It simply doesn't make sense, and I don't think the OP meant it in this way at all either.

My interpretation of this post is representative of someone who challenges themselves and strives to be great in many aspects of their craft. One may build a software business to start, but once the company is at a more mature stage (sold, becomes successful, on autopilot, etc.), that Entrepreneur can move into the next challenge, or "business bucket list" item. One can implement new strategies into that existing business or combine multiple business challenges into another new business, which could potentially be innovative, add value to the market, and create a more successful Entrepreneur.

As someone who aspires to create multiple businesses in my time here on this wonderful Earth, I admire OP's thought process and way of thinking. And although knowing your strengths and weaknesses, focusing on one thing at a time, and becoming a master in one thing before diversifying are all very useful and necessary in business and life, that only allows you so many opportunities and joys once you get there. Who said it was a bad thing to be well rounded, be successful in multiple areas of business, and dream big, especially once you have proven yourself?

Love the post, and I certainly have my own "business bucket list" to be completed!

Melloname

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Aug 4, 2015
Well in reply to the original question... here is my business bucket list:

>Build a Mobile App that helps business startups
>Build a website that attracts a thousand visitors a day
>Sell 10 App subscriptions a day
>Build more business apps
>Create an Online Social Community for startups
... and more

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.