The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Breaking Florida (breaking bad? But good)

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Vansita

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
30%
Feb 21, 2015
Hey Guys, I decided thats Im done with the slow lane of lingering and watching. I've been running myself as a financial advisor making decent money (6k a month on average) and Im not good with tests, and the reason I went into this business was to go into wealth management, and watch my test take me to the "fast lane" the truth is..

Im not smart, I know, to build myself I have to work hard, not smart, but, build a subscription based model that builds "smart" eventually. It's like going up a ladder, you just have to go up one hand at a time. I picked a business model off my first real job and I'll reveal success or not on my birthday (August 3rd).

Why am I doing this? Today my fiancee convinced me to get a dog, and I realized.. I need to make more money.. 6k a month is 72k a year before taxes, sure, I can scale this, but I have plans and goals. So, 72k average a year would be 48k, or 4k a month, and I spend 2,500 a month, now with this puppy on my legs (golden retriever) my expenses went up by probably about 500 a month...that means if I get stuck here, I'll save 1,000 a month... now thats not enough to do anything.

Tomorrow Im going to buy supplies, and the day after (the 8th) I'm going to spend the whole day going door to door selling my services.. Im going to work Tuesday and Thursday and spend less than $50 for my materials for the week...Its time to no longer be a slow lane man, but, to be a success story. Time not to think, but to do. Im going to post every Sunday for how the week went, even if its a week "off" so lets do this!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

CycleGuy

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
254%
Jan 16, 2015
Midwest
I try not to be negative on this forum. I seriously doubt any validity to anything you just posted.

-Financial adviser
-averages 8.5k per month
-"8k per month is 72k a year before taxes".... WHAT???? Your 8.5k a month average is 102K before tax.
-$500 a month dog? I have a new puppy and that is so far off I don't know where to start.

Please be trolling.

Vansita

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
30%
Feb 21, 2015
I try not to be negative on this forum. I seriously doubt any validity to anything you just posted.

-Financial adviser
-averages 8.5k per month
-"8k per month is 72k a year before taxes".... WHAT???? Your 8.5k a month average is 102K before tax.
-$500 a month dog? I have a new puppy and that is so far off I don't know where to start.

Please be trolling.

Sorry, I meant to write 6k a month... 500 a month for a dog is what Im expecting to pay if you divide costs of shots, veterinarian visits, etc- I expect to spend 100-200 a month on food, so you push that to 200 (always pick the higher) another 200 or so when you average in vet fees including unexpected costs, and 100 extra for unexpected costs throughout the year. Im a cynic. How much are you paying for your dog?

CycleGuy

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
254%
Jan 16, 2015
Midwest
Sorry, I meant to write 6k a month... 500 a month for a dog is what Im expecting to pay if you divide costs of shots, veterinarian visits, etc- I expect to spend 100-200 a month on food, so you push that to 200 (always pick the higher) another 200 or so when you average in vet fees including unexpected costs, and 100 extra for unexpected costs throughout the year. Im a cynic. How much are you paying for your dog?

My dog is a financial adviser who averages around $8.5k per month. He pays for all his own expenses.

/troll

His puppy chow is $15 a bag. His shots have been $120. So about $25 a month. Even if he was a large size dog he would cost less than $50 a month total.

Vansita

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
30%
Feb 21, 2015
Well, I'm an advisor, so I prepare for the worst, not just the best ;). If you've ever had a dog (and I've had two) you have to prepare for something if you have a pure breed (which are more likely to have things like hip issues and possible surgery needs), surgeries for dogs usually have a higher co-pay. But, hey, I'm preparing for rainy days rather than sunny days.

You're a guy with a motorcycle. I have a perfect example for you. I owned a car business and had the opportunity to sell motorcycles, the reason I avoided them was for two reasons, one, they're incredibly high maintenance with incredible depreciation. I can sell someone a motorcycle one year, and two years later they'll need another, and have spent maybe a grand or two for their "cheap" motorcycle that was supposed to be just "3-4k" and thats if it wasn't a harley or any type of expensive motorcycle. Also, people with motor cycles are more likely to pass away due to accidents, now, I always was prepared to sell someone something with a decent safety rating, I was not prepared to sell someone something with an 80 % of accidents ended in mortality transportation device. Prepare for the worst, not for the best.

I'm not a negative person, but clearly by your usages of motor cycles and cheap dog habits, you have a lot of things you really have to look into in your life before you start giving advice.

Best of luck to you though- I really do wish everyone the best in whatever they do.

CycleGuy

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
254%
Jan 16, 2015
Midwest
Well, I'm an advisor, so I prepare for the worst, not just the best ;). If you've ever had a dog (and I've had two) you have to prepare for something if you have a pure breed (which are more likely to have things like hip issues and possible surgery needs), surgeries for dogs usually have a higher co-pay. But, hey, I'm preparing for rainy days rather than sunny days.

You're a guy with a motorcycle. I have a perfect example for you. I owned a car business and had the opportunity to sell motorcycles, the reason I avoided them was for two reasons, one, they're incredibly high maintenance with incredible depreciation. I can sell someone a motorcycle one year, and two years later they'll need another, and have spent maybe a grand or two for their "cheap" motorcycle that was supposed to be just "3-4k" and thats if it wasn't a harley or any type of expensive motorcycle. Also, people with motor cycles are more likely to pass away due to accidents, now, I always was prepared to sell someone something with a decent safety rating, I was not prepared to sell someone something with an 80 % of accidents ended in mortality transportation device. Prepare for the worst, not for the best.

I'm not a negative person, but clearly by your usages of motor cycles and cheap dog habits, you have a lot of things you really have to look into in your life before you start giving advice.

Best of luck to you though- I really do wish everyone the best in whatever they do.

You are very naive about many things. You have no idea about dogs, finances, cars, motorcycles, etc. I honestly don't believe English is your first language. I believe you're trying hard to create a successful e-persona to strangers. It literally hurts to read your paragraph about your explanation for not selling motorcycles. You clearly have no idea what you're talking about. I've sold over 1,000 vehicles in the past 5 years with the majority being motorcycles. Maintenance is much easier to handle than cars and ROI is excellent. The dogs that I've owned have all been purebreds which doesn't even matter. Nice attempt at an ad hominem though.

I've attached an original copy of your OP to show unaware members. It's hard to take anyone serious who posts their gross wages wrong twice in the same paragraph while stated they are a financial adviser...

Attachments

• wot.jpg
    wot.jpg
    147.7 KB · Views: 19

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content