The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

BEST START TO A NEW YEAR EVER!

TriumphantBucks

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Jan 2, 2015
Hello everybody,

Whenever a new year approaches, people make New Year resolutions. Well mine happens to be "a Self-Sufficient Entrepreneur by the end of this year(2015)". Having a 'bad habit' of 'being a wantrepreneur', I've decided to become proactive, get things done and 'go for gold'.

Bumped into this forum in search for a community of successful entrepreneurs and fellow aspiring entrepreneurs like me. After going through some threads, I can BOLDLY say "I'm in the RIGHT PLACE and off to a GREAT START". YAY!!

Currently reading the book MFL and will be through with it in the coming days, looking forward to learning more, connecting with some wonderful people here and most importantly contributing to the community with my inspiring findings and experience during my new entrepreneurial ride.

So once again, Hello everyone and look forward to interacting with you guys.

Cheers

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Welcome. Glad you are here. You might have just found your people.

TriumphantBucks

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Jan 2, 2015
Thanks Vigilante..

WOW! [looking at your rep bank]..

Do you mind showing me around?:)

Besides,what do I need to do to increase my Rep bank?

Thanks

BeDoHave

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
154%
Aug 6, 2014

RazorCut

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
358%
May 3, 2014
Marbella, Spain
Welcome, glad you found us.

The stats are just built on helping the community. As you can see Vigilante helps a lot. lol

Just contribute to the community by sharing your knowledge. We all have strengths and weaknesses and areas of expertise. There is a huge knowledge base here, very few ego's and loads of people willing to help those that help themselves.

Look forward to your participation. Good luck on your New Year resolutions.

TriumphantBucks

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Jan 2, 2015
Welcome, glad you found us.

The stats are just built on helping the community. As you can see Vigilante helps a lot. lol

Just contribute to the community by sharing your knowledge. We all have strengths and weaknesses and areas of expertise. There is a huge knowledge base here, very few ego's and loads of people willing to help those that help themselves.

Look forward to your participation. Good luck on your New Year resolutions.

Thanks.. Your Rep banks stats ain't bad too... :)

BrianPM

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
60%
Oct 9, 2013
Cleveland, OH
I've been lurking some and found a lot of value in the last week reading through some of the gold threads. The advice of those with the rep banks of 20k also is a good place to start. And personally, I've been saving the best of the best into a word doc that I will later refine so that I have easy access to it. Welcome to the forum!

IMZ

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
May 15, 2014
Scotland
I look forward to hearing about your progress as I'm in the exact same situation. Good luck and stay strong!

TriumphantBucks

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Jan 2, 2015
Welcome.
Most people forget the new years resolution by the third or forth week of January.
I hope you stay committed and clear on your goals.
Lol.... you right... but let's just say i have another resolution to keep to my resolution way to the end:)

I've been lurking some and found a lot of value in the last week reading through some of the gold threads. The advice of those with the rep banks of 20k also is a good place to start. And personally, I've been saving the best of the best into a word doc that I will later refine so that I have easy access to it. Welcome to the forum!
I don't know if it happens here but can you send me that word file or refer me to those threads... I've come to see that there is a swam of threads here and getting the bet of the best will take a while...that can save me a lot of time you know

I have the same goal. Let's get it.
And we shall smile together at the end of the tunnel....;)

I look forward to hearing about your progress as I'm in the exact same situation. Good luck and stay strong!
Yea me too... looking forward to starting a progress thread

RazorCut

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
358%
May 3, 2014
Marbella, Spain
I don't know if it happens here but can you send me that word file or refer me to those threads... I've come to see that there is a swam of threads here and getting the bet of the best will take a while...that can save me a lot of time you know

Just so you are aware there is a lot out in the open forums but some of the best threads are in the INSIDERS section. The reason I'm pointing this out is that I was going to give you links to two awesome Gold Progress threads that have gone from concept to shelf in 2014 in BIG ways and provided a ton of both inspiration and information at the same time but I have just checked and they both on the inside.

If you ever decide to invest in an INSIDERS sub PM me and I'll hook you up with the links.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Welcome. There's a lot of good stuff to read, and a lot of noise and distractions.

A tip is to follow people who you're learning from and then check your News Feed when you log in, rather than look at the latest posts.

Mr.B

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
207%
Nov 8, 2014
Australia
Besides,what do I need to do to increase my Rep bank?

Don't focus on your Rep bank. Focus on learning. Focus on growing your business. Focus on providing value.

I don't know if it happens here but can you send me that word file or refer me to those threads...

Gold threads are stickied at the top of the thread list in each category. For starters, have a look at the General Entrepreneurship and Startup category. Especially @IceCreamKid's 'Astonishing Secrets' thread.

But yeah, get an INSIDERS subscription...

A tip is to follow people who you're learning from and then check your News Feed when you log in, rather than look at the latest posts.

Great tip, thanks Andy.

Last edited by a moderator:

TriumphantBucks

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Jan 2, 2015
For what's it worth, YOU GUYS ARE AWESOME! There's really lots of support, warm and friendly attitudes displayed here... I'm currently reading the book TMF and will be opening a thread were I'll be posting all that i have learnt and will love it if others contribute too [boost up the comprehended knowledge]

Cheers

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
Self-sufficient entrepreneur, eh? That simply means that you want to be able to support your expenses with a business. So when your profit = your expenses monthly, consider that goal beaten.

Write down your monthly expenditure. A number that is average for the year. That amount of income is now your 2015 goal. How many units do you have to sell every month to achieve it? Write that number down, too, when you figure it out for a particular business. Put that number somewhere visible so you can see it every day. You're now working for that goal, every day.

As far as rep goes, a progress thread that is updated regularly with successes and failures is probably the best thing you can do.

Cheers

TriumphantBucks

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Jan 2, 2015
Self-sufficient entrepreneur, eh? That simply means that you want to be able to support your expenses with a business. So when your profit = your expenses monthly, consider that goal beaten.

Write down your monthly expenditure. A number that is average for the year. That amount of income is now your 2015 goal. How many units do you have to sell every month to achieve it? Write that number down, too, when you figure it out for a particular business. Put that number somewhere visible so you can see it every day. You're now working for that goal, every day.

As far as rep goes, a progress thread that is updated regularly with successes and failures is probably the best thing you can do.

Cheers

What a nice way of setting a goal (Being Specific).... Thanks and noted:)

BTW I figured that if i can eliminate my expenses and make them not to become a drag, I can easily focus on achieving my goals and ideas... DA self-sufficient ish goal is my way of avoiding being dragged down by living expenses or do you have a better solution to that?

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
^^^ Reducing living expenses is an excellent start.

The gains will come from earning more though. You'll hear this a lot in this forum: income is a by-product of value, so work out how to add value such that you get paid for it. That's why MJ setup the rep as $$ amount. You'll see that your numbers grow fastest when you help others... a good lesson.

smarty

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Jan 2, 2013

randomnumber314

speed of a drunk camel
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
227%
Jan 7, 2014
Minnesoooota,USA
Welcome. There's a lot of good stuff to read, and a lot of noise and distractions.

Alright, I give up. Where the hell is the news feed?

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.