The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Be careful what you rationalize

Anything related to matters of the mind
R

redshep

To the younger members of this forum who are eager but aimless:

Just because something is available to you, doesn't mean you have to take it. Whether it's stolen celebrity photos or an entire site rip or when someone shares a bit too much out of enthusiastic altruism. You don't have to hoard all the low-hanging fruit. You don't have to spread and promote violations of trust. You can and should ignore it.

Sometimes we get lost in the drive to outrun an uncertain future and our sense of what's okay atrophies. We need to be reminded. Disregarding who might get hurt in pursuit of your own gain is not 'hustling' or 'grinding' or 'doing whatever it takes to win the game'. It’s being selfish and destructive. There is a real human being behind each and every word you read online.

My belabored point: The more my business grows, the more certain I am that entrepreneurship is hard for people, not because it's physically or mentally difficult but rather that humility and empathy are required and so few seem to have it.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
Disregarding who might get hurt in pursuit of your own gain is not 'hustling' or 'grinding' or 'doing whatever it takes to win the game'. It’s being selfish and destructive. There is a real human being behind each and every word you read online.

I totally agree. Not enough people live by this rule. It's something valuable as I've learned. Sometimes a test of character, in Stephen Kings, "Under the dome", Big Jim reminds me of this.

It gives people the notion that you can be so selfish and harm others just to gain power and control at all costs.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.