The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Bar Business

Brian1989

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Apr 19, 2015
So I have a idea, its aimed towards young people that go to night clubs/bars. It could be marketed to any club in the world. I've been researching for weeks now and still haven't see this service available to the night club/bar scene anywhere.

Basically I'm looking for someone who is involved in the nightlife scene. My biggest problem with executing this plan is the major one, how will it pull a profit? There are ways, it can pull a large profit without a doubt, its just depending on which route I would take about doing it.

So basically I'm looking for start up advice, basically I guess I would have to market it to club owners in my city.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

BigBrianC

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Dec 31, 2014
Athens, Georgia
Have you emailed or called any club owners? Start there, pitch them your idea. Get some feedback. Def read TMF if you havent ajd Lean startup by Eric Ries.

Brian1989

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Apr 19, 2015
Have you emailed or called any club owners? Start there, pitch them your idea. Get some feedback. Def read TMF if you havent ajd Lean startup by Eric Ries.

that's what I have to do, but first I got to figure out costs, profits, etc. Shouldn't I figure all of that out before I jump into sharing the idea to potential buyers?

Thanks for the advice

InfiniteInc

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
350%
Feb 13, 2015
that's what I have to do, but first I got to figure out costs, profits, etc. Shouldn't I figure all of that out before I jump into sharing the idea to potential buyers?

Thanks for the advice
The Lean Start Up by Eric Ries that @BigBrianC suggested will deal with this issue, highly suggest you pick it up.

The main idea is that you need to figure out if your idea is even worth pursuing further. The Lean Start Up says that you should should develop a minimum viable product (i.e. a product that has the absolute bare basics of your idea, no fluff or polish) and test that idea out with real customers. From there you can tell if that idea is worth moving forward with or if you should pivot and change up the idea. Test, rinse, repeat until some variation of the idea sticks.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Gary

Elevatin' the Celebratin'
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
313%
Mar 18, 2011
San Diego

Brian1989