The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Awesome Kindle Dashboard Tool, Breaks Down Sales

Charnell

Block me if you're a quack
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
276%
Oct 12, 2014
Kansas City
I admit, I sort of beta tested this, before it was so pretty. Now it's all prettified and looks good.

https://www.getbookreport.com/

Basically, it's a script that you can use to make your Amazon KDP dashboard look like a million bucks. It breaks down individual book sales, daily sales count, historical data, and you can compare sales between individual books and pen names as well. You can change the borrow rate for the month as well.

FnAMu6a.png

Thought it would be a good share.

Please don't ask me troubleshooting questions, as I'm just the messenger.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Rawr

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Aug 12, 2007
south florida
I think you undersold it a bit. THIS TOOL IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!! I instantly could estimate my sales w borrows (something i had to guess, add/divide/average before) and i could instantly see how my one pen name stacked against another, and how my title for title performance had been over the last 3 months. Here is a post from kboards by someone:

I won't carry the weight of Hugh, but I'm a 5 figure author (with a number that that doesn't start with a 1), and I've been using the prototypes of this tool for months now while it was still secret and held among a closed group of authors.

This tool is indispensable. I can't even begin to explain how much so, but I'll try.

Ok, first, it's live. That means you run it in a tab and it's just ON. Any time you click on the tab, bam, your sales are there in live numbers. You can literally watch sales happen. That's pretty cool.

Second, it's secure. The creator of the tool is absolutely interested in total privacy. Data is stored locally, and you can see all the back end code that makes it work. That kind of transparency is huge to me.

Third, it's created by one of the most successful authors I know. This thing was built for personal use by a VERY high earning author and I've been fortunate to have access for so long. This is coded by someone who RELIES on this tool, and that means it's always worked, it gets relentlessly fixed when bugs pop up, and new features get added all the time. You are seeing the culmination of well over a year of effort here.

Fourth, this thing saves persistent data. That means as you run the tool, you'll save more than the 90 days of data Amazon shows you. That is HUGE.

FIFTH, this tool gives you the ability to quickly compare pennames and books, making it simple to figure out where to focus your energy. This tool replaced ALL my sales tracking and excel sheets on this subject.

Finally, it's a time saver. This tool means I don't have to keep going to kdp. I leave it in a browser window all day. I don't have to carefully track stats or do silly addition to figure out how much money I'm making. It takes the data Amazon gives you, and it displays it in the most elegant and beautiful way.

Put simply, this is incredible, and the man behind it is as brilliant as the tool he created.

BEST OF ALL: ITS FREE IF YOU ARE MAKING UNDER $1000/MO. IF YOU MAKE MORE, ITS $10/MO AFTER THE 15 DAY TRIAL. CHECK IT OUT! - RAWR

Funke

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Dec 7, 2014
Warsaw, Poland
This tool is awesome, I have most of that in Excel already, but I still had to wait for monthly reports to get exact numbers. Nice!

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
I couldn't get it to work, and dragged to the book mark on top of screen, but doesn't give me anything on Google Chrome.

Rawr

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Aug 12, 2007
south florida
you must log into your KDP and click reports, THEN click the bookmark.

So.. what do we have here?

We have a guy, who was an author. And we had the amazon kdp dashboard that gave us sales for the day, and you could sort it by title if you wanted to. But you never knew how much money you made WITH borrows on any day, that you had to guesstimate.

So this guy finds a way to show you which one of your books sells best for any day, or time period. He codes a way to instantly guesstimate your sales plus borrows. He finds a way to QUICKLY show you the data that you would take much longer time to compose yourself.

And now, he is charging $10 per month for anyone who makes over $1000/mo in book sales.

How many writers like that are out there? I bet he already has 200 paid subscribers as soon as free trial ends, and the tool was revealed 2 days ago!

He's going to be pulling in five figures within two months, every month.

How's that for filling a need?

Whatever your business is in, figure out the weak points and commit to doing something about it until you get the first sale.

Has tagging been disabled>? I think this thread could use more eyes.

Charnell

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
276%
Oct 12, 2014
Kansas City
you must log into your KDP and click reports, THEN click the bookmark.

So.. what do we have here?

We have a guy, who was an author. And we had the amazon kdp dashboard that gave us sales for the day, and you could sort it by title if you wanted to. But you never knew how much money you made WITH borrows on any day, that you had to guesstimate.

So this guy finds a way to show you which one of your books sells best for any day, or time period. He codes a way to instantly guesstimate your sales plus borrows. He finds a way to QUICKLY show you the data that you would take much longer time to compose yourself.

And now, he is charging $10 per month for anyone who makes over $1000/mo in book sales.

How many writers like that are out there? I bet he already has 200 paid subscribers as soon as free trial ends, and the tool was revealed 2 days ago!

He's going to be pulling in five figures within two months, every month.

How's that for filling a need?

Whatever your business is in, figure out the weak points and commit to doing something about it until you get the first sale.

Has tagging been disabled>? I think this thread could use more eyes.
Know what's really cool?

I've known (online) the creator for around a year now. He has made so many useful tools over the past few months, from keyword tools, a smaller version of this tool, and a way you can look up other authors estimated sales based on their book's sales rank, just to name a few.

He started off as an author a year ago, self publishing. He put out consistent, quality work over time.

On average in that 1 year he made over $11,000 a month.
He has over 1,300 subscribers to his mailing lists.
He's 22 years old.

Now he's doing things like this, incorporating, hiring ghost writers and graphic designers.

Pretty solid year, I'd say.

Rawr

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Aug 12, 2007
south florida
Is he you? :D

That's really impressive, how many titles did he put out in year one?

There is plenty for the taking in the self pub industry - the self pub revolution is still in the beginning stages! I am gearing up to start a service as well, besides my own books and the hired books, which even when the quality I felt was sub par, have sold better than I expected, largely due to execution.

Charnell

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
276%
Oct 12, 2014
Kansas City
Is he you? :D

That's really impressive, how many titles did he put out in year one?

There is plenty for the taking in the self pub industry - the self pub revolution is still in the beginning stages! I am gearing up to start a service as well, besides my own books and the hired books, which even when the quality I felt was sub par, have sold better than I expected, largely due to execution.
No definitely not me, I don't have the programming skills for something like this.

He has over 240 titles out. Note that these are all short adult fiction, so of those maybe 1/4-1/3 are single stories. He created a system of bundling them into 3-in-1 books where no 2 books would be in bundles together.

Bundling high quality stories together is where the real deal is for readers, and authors. Either pay $2.99 for 1 story, or $3.99 for 3 stories. My highest earning book (a bundle) earned around 5 times what my highest earning single made.

Another thing to keep in mind, he provided many very useful tools to the community I'm apart of, so a lot of other authors joined his mailing list and would help him out on the rare occasion when he asked for help on a title.
I'm not trying to discredit his performance, more like if you provide value, you will see the return.

Charnell

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
276%
Oct 12, 2014
Kansas City

EricZ

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Oct 18, 2014
Germany & California
@Charnell
Great info here!
Could you please elaborate on the bundling technique?
I don't get the
"He created a system of bundling them into 3-in-1 books where no 2 books would be in bundles together. "
part.

Sounds awesome - haven't tried that one yet!

Thanks for the awesome thread.

Bruh

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
May 31, 2013
This tool is awesome. It was such an obvious problem to solve, how did I not see it?

Charnell

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
276%
Oct 12, 2014
Kansas City
I think this deserves a nice bump with a few ways I'm using this tool, outside of the realm of sales tracking.

KDP Select Giveaway Track
Anyone with over 20 books knows how much of a pain in the a$$ it is to keep track of when books are eligible for a 5 day free giveaway (or countdown deal, if you're into that). Luckily there's a handy history tracker which can automatically set the calendar to 90 days. Since the software tracks giveaways, I just scroll through on Tuesdays and look for big goose eggs and setup new 5 day promos for Wed-Sun.

Prioritize for my website
I posted in my thread I'm creating websites for on of my latest and greatest pen names, and looking at the historical data I can sort by which books were best selling, create posts for those books first, then cross them off the list as I go down. It wouldn't be so bad if there were a handful of books, but it's more than a few.

Any special way you use this nice piece of software?

Gymjunkie

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jun 17, 2009
Wow, nice innovation! Good stuff and great example of Fastlane business (does break some rules of it but is still great biz).

Rawr

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Aug 12, 2007
south florida
I think this deserves a nice bump with a few ways I'm using this tool, outside of the realm of sales tracking.

KDP Select Giveaway Track
Anyone with over 20 books knows how much of a pain in the a$$ it is to keep track of when books are eligible for a 5 day free giveaway (or countdown deal, if you're into that). Luckily there's a handy history tracker which can automatically set the calendar to 90 days. Since the software tracks giveaways, I just scroll through on Tuesdays and look for big goose eggs and setup new 5 day promos for Wed-Sun.

Prioritize for my website
I posted in my thread I'm creating websites for on of my latest and greatest pen names, and looking at the historical data I can sort by which books were best selling, create posts for those books first, then cross them off the list as I go down. It wouldn't be so bad if there were a handful of books, but it's more than a few.

Any special way you use this nice piece of software?

I can very easily and quickly measure the ROI on the ghost writer. And see which ones are performing better against others, hence allocate ad money that way.

Charnell

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
276%
Oct 12, 2014
Kansas City
I can very easily and quickly measure the ROI on the ghost writer. And see which ones are performing better against others, hence allocate ad money that way.
I did the same thing the other day for my handful of non-fiction titles. See which genre's and word-counts came out with the best ROI, and will use that data for future projects.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.