The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Are squeeze pages still relevant?

Marketing, social media, advertising

Cesare

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
Dec 27, 2014
I've read success stories about people using squeeze pages to get as many e-mail adresses as possible which they later use to advertise their products.

If your prospective customers are delighted by the quality of your newsletters and your free product, they are apparently willing to buy your real product. The theory is plausible but how about reality? I do believe that this strategy used to be successful in the past but I guess, nowadays people are too leery of those gimmicky pages.

Furthermore, are e-mails really that relevant anymore? I can't imagine that, since nowadays promotional e-mails are too much associated with the term "spam".

I'm pretty sure that these days, it's all about social media. If you have many followers/likes, you are creating trust and, as a result, people are much more willing to buy your product.

What do you think?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Kung Fu Steve

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Jul 8, 2008
Road Warrior
Yes.

Who knows how e-mail will evolve in the next couple of years but at the moment it's really the only platform you can control.

What I mean by that is Facebook for example only shows your content/posts/promotions to a select number of your fans... unless you pay.

The biggest question I think you're asking is about trust. Trust is at an all-time low among consumers. Your first thought is a perfect example: "what the hell is this gimmicky crap? I'm not giving you my email!"

People will suspend their skepticism if it's something they really want/need (but that doesn't mean it disappears).

At the moment it appears that the only way you can build trust with potential clients is to be completely 100% transparent. That means in your tweets, your Facebook posts, your emails, your YouTube channel, etc.

Digamma

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
301%
Nov 13, 2014
They are as relevant as they have always been.
Only thing I would mind is that today it's all about trust and building a following. A lonely squeeze page out doesn't scream "trust me".
Email is more relevant than ever.
I'm pretty sure that these days, it's all about social media. If you have many followers/likes, you are creating trust and, as a result, people are much more willing to buy your product.
No, not in a million years. Social media does F*ckshit for your purpose.

Cesare

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
Dec 27, 2014
Yes.

Who knows how e-mail will evolve in the next couple of years but at the moment it's really the only platform you can control.

What I mean by that is Facebook for example only shows your content/posts/promotions to a select number of your fans... unless you pay.

The biggest question I think you're asking is about trust. Trust is at an all-time low among consumers. Your first thought is a perfect example: "what the hell is this gimmicky crap? I'm not giving you my email!"

People will suspend their skepticism if it's something they really want/need (but that doesn't mean it disappears).

At the moment it appears that the only way you can build trust with potential clients is to be completely 100% transparent. That means in your tweets, your Facebook posts, your emails, your YouTube channel, etc.

Okay, I've already planned my marketing strategies without squeeze pages, but your post makes me reconsider my plans. As I've mentioned, I've read several success stories on the internet about squeeze pages and I thought those were outdated methods.

Thank you for the information, Steve.

Cesare

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
Dec 27, 2014
They are as relevant as they have always been.
Only thing I would mind is that today it's all about trust and building a following. A lonely squeeze page out doesn't scream "trust me".

So, you mean a complete website with a squeeze page as a small part of it should do the trick?

Digamma

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
301%
Nov 13, 2014
Let's say, you want to offer E-Books on Amazon Kindle + paid consulting via e-mail.
Depends on the niche. You know the people you are selling to? Do they trust a random landing page? You are doing this backwards. Start from them. Who they are. What they want.
You are probably better off with a blog if you want to build authority.

Kung Fu Steve

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Jul 8, 2008
Road Warrior
Okay, I've already planned my marketing strategies without squeeze pages, but your post makes me reconsider my plans. As I've mentioned, I've read several success stories on the internet about squeeze pages and I thought those were outdated methods.

Thank you for the information, Steve.

Whatever you do, don't reconsider your pans.

I think the 2 big mistake some people make is that, one, they decide it has to be one or the other. Why not both?

And, two, is that they take advice from some idiot on a forum like myself and change their whole business plan because I made an off-hand comment. ;)

Of course you want to leverage what's going to make the most difference... but if you're just starting out, why aren't you doing everything?

Go ahead with your plans -- take action.

When you're ready to implement a squeeze page as another form of generating leads put it up!

P.S. I have had one hell of a time building an audience through e-mail (even though that's my specialty) -- the medium that is outperforming all others for me right now is Facebook. And although I struggle to get my content seen and engaged with, I'm a little over 5,000 "fans" now. If anything it gives me some social proof and a handful of serious people I might be able to convert into email subscribers.

Cesare

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
Dec 27, 2014
The medium that is outperforming all others for me right now is Facebook.

This contrasts with Digamma's post, which is deeply interesting. He apparently thinks very little of social media while you're saying that Facebook is your top medium right now.

Different people have different experience, thus different perspective.

Kung Fu Steve

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Jul 8, 2008
Road Warrior
It totally contrasts my own thought process as well... but might as well make hay while the sun shines!

(Make hay? Is that the saying? Yeesh... I kind of feel like headlights on a deer right now....)

Cesare

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
Dec 27, 2014
It totally contrasts my own thought process as well... but might as well make hay while the sun shines!

(Make hay? Is that the saying? Yeesh... I kind of feel like headlights on a deer right now....)

Lol. Yeah, it's totally correct. "One must make hay when the sun shines".

I'm currently building my Twitter account following CEOs and other successful people and a substantial percentage follows me back. It's amazing how Twitter makes it possible for us to network with entrepreneurs from all over the world. Many also got their e-mail in their bio, which almost obviates the need for a landing page, although I'm not averse to creating one anytime soon.

As you said in a previous post, why not try out several strategies all at once. This is what I'm going to do. I'm building my twitter account in order to create trust, promote my products over twitter, over e-mail (maybe with the help of a squeeze page) and probably Facebook too.

Experience will teach me what works and what doesn't. I'm just in a phase right now in which I am soaking in all information available.

The Grind

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Oct 17, 2014
I've read success stories about people using squeeze pages to get as many e-mail adresses as possible which they later use to advertise their products.

If your prospective customers are delighted by the quality of your newsletters and your free product, they are apparently willing to buy your real product. The theory is plausible but how about reality? I do believe that this strategy used to be successful in the past but I guess, nowadays people are too leery of those gimmicky pages.

Furthermore, are e-mails really that relevant anymore? I can't imagine that, since nowadays promotional e-mails are too much associated with the term "spam".

What do you think?
Your making assumptions based on thoughts in your head. These thoughts hold people back in life.

"nowadays people are too lerry of those gimmicky pages" flawless example of what I'm referring to.

How do you know? You dont know, exactly.

Have you tried? Nope. Your making assumptions.

Just take action, try stuff, fail, fix it, test. Do it.

Cesare

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
Dec 27, 2014
Your making assumptions based on thoughts in your head. These thoughts hold people back in life.

"nowadays people are too lerry of those gimmicky pages" flawless example of what I'm referring to.

I didn't say "nowadays people are too lerry of those gimmicky pages". I said "I guess, nowadays people are too leery of those gimmicky pages".

Some people might think the same way I do, insist on their opinion and don't create threads to discuss it.

I created a thread to discuss it and I am always willing to listen to other opinions because I always want to improve myself, no matter how successful I already am.

That's a huge difference, isn't it?

Tyler Ellison

Digital Advertising Ninja
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
194%
Jun 18, 2015
Brazil

If your prospective customers are delighted by the quality of your newsletters and your free product, they are apparently willing to buy your real product. The theory is plausible but how about reality?

In reality, this still works. It's relevant - but it's a little more complex than it used to be. Your squeeze pages will convert much better if your ad/presell strongly resonates with them, usually longer ad copy. Short ad > squeeze page = works when your audience knows who you are or recognizes your brand. Works poorly to cold traffic without some kind of presell to warm them up. This is basically a universal law in marketing, you can test it but results on conversions are always improved against cold traffic with a presell to warm them up.

Do you read email? I do. I'm even on a few lists from people I like. It still works, and I've bought things because of email. Not very often, but I have.

This is where we don't want to go extreme and exclude what's good trying to find what might be better.

The best formula is to use social media and email marketing TOGETHER.

I'm dead serious. If you use social media as your 'presell' on yourself or your brand, and people resonate with that - the best way to remain in contact with them is to get them on your email list. These are the types of leads the respond and purchase. They found you cold on social media but you warmed them up and converted them to be a list subscriber, which long term potentially becomes a buyer.

That's why I said it's a little more complicated nowadays. There's a lot more 'noise' online nowadays with social media, so using it to get through to your audience and them saving them to your list is in, my humble opinion, the BEST way nowadays to build a responsive list of buyers.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.