The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Apartments for Rent in Paris for June 2014?

bane

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
115%
Aug 7, 2012
NSW, Australia
G'day!

I am looking for a place to rent in Paris this coming June for 3 months.

Was hoping someone has a hookup or any tips! That would be awesome!

Details:
  • for a couple
  • nothing fancy
  • just looking for your "average" place
  • self contained
Thanks for any help :)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Mikael

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Dec 13, 2013
Paris
hi bane,

Well 3 months in Paris is a lot if you plan just to be there in vacation - i mean Paris is not France and you should go in other part of the country - it's very funny in fact the point of view - for most people oversea Paris is a must to see and very lovely - For most French people who don't live in Paris but in province Paris is just good for one or 2 days. Paris is also amazing depend on what you are looking for - it's just an other world( but i guess you will understand in term of mentality, people, cost of living...what i want to say if you have the opportunity to see other places in France like Britany,West South like St jean de luz...)

Having say that - it's all depend on which part of Paris do you want to live? What is your need in term of confort area? commodities...and your budget - in other word what do you want ( a cool and secure place with parks to be able to run or exercice, quiet and relax - a cultural place with a touch of bourgeoisie (bobo for bourgeois/bohemian) - a place great for parties - i mean you need to define your lifestyle.

But what i would do is this: define the area you like the most ( there is 22 areas in Paris) - if i was you i guess i will go for Paris 3,4,5,6,7,15,16,17 (Malsherbes, Monceau...), and 19 ( just buttes de chaumont ) - also i will keep in mind Levallois, Boulogne, Issy les Moulineaux and Neuilly in 92 very close to Paris .
- check on airbnb.fr and select few appart you like the most
- choose the monthly price - contact the owner and ask a special price because you plan to stay 3 months ( What will be your best price for the period? = Quel est votre meilleur prix pour 3 mois?

- if you don't find something good:
- Look a website : leboncoin.fr ( you should use translate with google because i think is only in French - and in all the case you should contact the owner with your best french even if you use google - because it will be better to get a good deal)
select the zone (IDF on the map) and select the category : location / and checkbox: meublé ( rent full furnished) - select a price ( prix )and search for your areas...

- - if you don't find something good:
- try seloger.fr but you should only select location - your area like paris 3 or 75003 - your price (prix) and and meublé - when you see the post just call the agency and explain you want to stay only 3 months

Finally check real estate agency like : orpi.fr - www.guy-hoquet.com - era immobilier ( http://www.erafrance.com/) or century 21 http://www.century21.fr/
same here you should select louer or location - your city Paris and the area - best to indicate the postal code like 75003 - your price and once you have the contact info - call or email with the agency and explain you just stay 3 months

HOWEVER I WILL REALLY GO WITH AIRBNB AND GET A GOOD DEAL - BECAUSE IT'S ESAY TO GET SOMETHING FOR 3 MONTHS WITHOUT TOO MUCH PAPERS and no need to sign a special contract...

My 2 cents
Mikael

D11FYY

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
88%
Mar 13, 2013
Glasgow, Scotland
Mikael great post!

Yeah iv been to Paris myself and found it extremely pricey.
Whats your reason for traveling over? If you say to Mikael he could possibly help in regards to being traveling, visiting relatives, for business and so forth.

bane

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
115%
Aug 7, 2012
NSW, Australia
Mikael my friend! THANK YOU! I truly appreciate your effort! That was an excellent post. It's very very helpful!

Since I originally posted, my Parisian gf has finally found a place. She was having a lot of trouble finding a place (cause it's always hard) so I wanted to help her in anyway I could. But it's worked out for us, a friend of a friend of hers got a hook up with someone who is trying to sell their apartment but is willing to rent it to us until it's sold! So I still will need this information in the future possibly!

Well 3 months in Paris is a lot if you plan just to be there in vacation - i mean Paris is not France and you should go in other part of the country
I've actually been to Paris before! For about 4 days and it was wonderful. This time I am going to live with my Parisian gf! I'll be working from my laptop! On the weekends she will tour me around France! So do not worry my friend :)

What will be your best price for the period? = Quel est votre meilleur prix pour 3 mois?
Thank you! Awesome! My studying of the French language is paying off cause I can actually understand that sentence on my own!

HOWEVER I WILL REALLY GO WITH AIRBNB AND GET A GOOD DEAL - BECAUSE IT'S ESAY TO GET SOMETHING FOR 3 MONTHS WITHOUT TOO MUCH PAPERS and no need to sign a special contract...
Ah ok. Cool! Makes sense. Great tip man

more like $10! Good on you bro! Thank you +Rep!
This will come in super handy for all people who stumble onto this thread.

Mikael, how come you are such an expert? haha :p
Have you had to look for apartments many times?

Mikael great post!
hellz yeahz

Whats your reason for traveling over? If you say to Mikael he could possibly help in regards to being traveling, visiting relatives, for business and so forth.
Hey man :) It's to live with my French gf while I keep banging away at fastlane ventures!

Cheers

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Mikael

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Dec 13, 2013
Paris
Hi Bane,
I've actually been to Paris before! For about 4 days and it was wonderful. This time I am going to live with my Parisian gf! I'll be working from my laptop! On the weekends she will tour me around France! So do not worry my friend
Well frankly it will be too short if you plan to see other places on the weekends - give you more than 2 days - really - otherwise i swear it will be the same feeling than stay in NY and think you saw USA...not really the case - not the same world...

However please you should go to Bastille Paris 11 on Saturday night just to get the party feeling - street like la roquette.
You should see the luxembourg garden and Les tuileries just for the pleasure of feel quiet and read a book.
You should go to Le Marais, Notre dame and St germain ( paris 4 and 6) - but don't act like a tourist if you seat in a restaurant or a bar you could pay more than the regular price.( not always the case - but it's happen)
See Montmartre and the little pigalle - just close to Moulin Rouge - because it's like a must to see.
But feel free to see other places - eventually try some agency like paris by bike or similar who can show you atypic places than even some Parisians don't know...

What kind of word did you plan to make when you will be there?

Regards
Mikael

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!