The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Anyone in Vancouver

Arsh

Confused Soul
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Dec 5, 2014
Hey all. As with most of you guys, I've read MJ's book. I'm trying to adapt to a new set of beliefs. It's difficult to change some of those beliefs, but I think I'm progressing well. However, sometimes, I feel like I need to be around people who are Fastlane minded.
So, I was wondering if there's anyone who lives in Vancouver; who feels the same and wants to "network" (because I can't think of a better word). :)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Arsh

Confused Soul
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Dec 5, 2014
Yes I am. I love fresh salmon, and always shoulder check for cyclists while driving.
Salmon's good. And this is why I'm glad I don't drive. Too unproductive...and not to mention the fact that I'll be driving a mass destruction weapon among other mass destruction weapons haha.

Ninjakid

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Jun 23, 2014
Buddy Guy Eh
driving a mass destruction weapon among other mass destruction weapons haha.
That's actually not untrue. I still love driving though. It's a lot of fun. I live in the suburbs so I have lots of room to drive, unlike DT where everyone is crammed in like mashed chicken parts.

How do you figure driving is unproductive? :/

Arsh

Confused Soul
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Dec 5, 2014
That's actually not untrue. I still love driving though. It's a lot of fun. I live in the suburbs so I have lots of room to drive, unlike DT where everyone is crammed in like mashed chicken parts.

How do you figure driving is unproductive? :/
It's definitely better in the suburbs, but I just can't stand driving hahaha.

And I figure it's unproductive because I like to be working on something the whole time. And if I'm driving, I'm driving. I can't be doing anything else. Multitasking kills. When I'm on the bus, I can read; I can listen to podcasts; and so on. In that sense, I think driving is unproductive.

Arsh

Confused Soul
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Dec 5, 2014
Vancouver transit system is the shit.

F*** calgary transit.
It's not that great, but I like it haha. I'm always doing something, whether I'm waiting for a bus, on the bus or just got off the bus. So, the efficiency of the transit doesn't really matter.

D

DeletedUser394

Wasn't referring to the bus.

I'm talking about the sky train or whatever the hell it's called. No drivers, fast, efficient, always a new train arriving. Doesn't yield to cars like the c train does.

Arsh

Confused Soul
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Dec 5, 2014

I'm talking about the sky train or whatever the hell it's called. No drivers, fast, efficient, always a new train arriving. Doesn't yield to cars like the c train does.
Yeah, the skytrain's great. Hahaha

Ninjakid

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Jun 23, 2014
Buddy Guy Eh

And I figure it's unproductive because I like to be working on something the whole time. And if I'm driving, I'm driving. I can't be doing anything else. Multitasking kills. When I'm on the bus, I can read; I can listen to podcasts; and so on. In that sense, I think driving is unproductive.
That's true. But transit in the greater Vancouver area is so unreliable. And it takes a ridiculously long time to get anywhere. I can actually run somewhere faster that transit in a lot of cases.

Calgary transit = shit
Vancouver transit = mostly shit
The sky train is convenient for what it is, but it's been a lot worse lately. So many delays. Plus they just brought a new sky train track into my hood and it's a damn eye-sore :(

Ninjakid

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Jun 23, 2014
Buddy Guy Eh

Our granola munching hippie mayor Robinson is basically doing everything to make driving more and inconvenient for as many people as possible. Plus it's so expensive to have a car here I think most young people are just gonna be like "f*** it, not gonna drive"

Arsh

Confused Soul
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Dec 5, 2014
That's true. But transit in the greater Vancouver area is so unreliable. And it takes a ridiculously long time to get anywhere. I can actually run somewhere faster that transit in a lot of cases.
Come on, it's not that bad.

Ninjakid

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Jun 23, 2014
Buddy Guy Eh
Come on, it's not that bad.
It's probably not bad compared to some other places. But I get irritated with it very quickly.

I should also add that in DT the transit is A LOT BETTER.

db7903915

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
557%
Aug 8, 2014
Canada
Heyy! Also from Vancouver. From the suburbs as well, so driving is alright. Only problem is I don't have a car.

Are you guys working on anything at the moment? We should start a Skype progress group to help each other out. What do you think?

voltron

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
111%
Oct 26, 2014
Canada
Heyy! Also from Vancouver. From the suburbs as well, so driving is alright. Only problem is I don't have a car.

Are you guys working on anything at the moment? We should start a Skype progress group to help each other out. What do you think?

Don't know how I didn't see this thread before. Id be super interested in meeting up with whoever! maybe sometime this week?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...