The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

LifeTransformer

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Feb 20, 2015
One thing I've been trying to find lately is somewhere I can fire off some of my many ideas where I can perhaps get someone else to help me work on them while I concentrate on other things I need/want to focus on.

Ever get halfway through putting up a blog or writing something and then BOOM! idea comes out of nowhere and you jot it down and come back to it later, only there is no later because you're too busy?

I've only done a brief bit of research on this site, but it seems like it might be worth firing off an idea or 2 to, and seeing what happens.

I've got a notepad full of physical product ideas I simply haven't got the time to focus on.

As I type this I realise it sounds like I might be doing a bit of the good old excuses.

Any davison reviews/stories and/or other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Ronnie Bryan

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
64%
May 4, 2015
Oklahoma
Hello LifeTransformer, my review is still pending.But no complaints so far, Susan Chapell , is the person in charge of new inventions through Davison. I have been working on an patent of my own since, MAY of this year.

Funny you asked that question.You will have to understand you will need 10-13 Grand either at the start, or gradually through the process for R&D and legal fees, you also sign an agreement to not hold DAVISON responsible for your loss.

Just informing you so you can make an informed decision.

Ronnie Bryan

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
64%
May 4, 2015
Oklahoma
QUOTE ="Ronnie Bryan, post: 470743, member: 31297"]Hello LifeTransformer, my review is still pending.But no complaints so far, Susan Chapell , is the person in charge of new inventions through Davison. I have been working on an patent of my own since, MAY of this year.

Funny you asked that question.You will have to understand you will need 10-13 Grand either at the start, or gradually through the process for R&D and legal fees, you also sign an agreement to not hold DAVISON responsible for your loss.

Just informing you so you can make an informed decision.[ QUOTE ] This makes me want to puke, I had hoped I could solve a problem for dishwashers' in the Restaurant I work at, and go from there, but it appears PRESENTLY I may have been duped again.Even, the people I live with were Warning me long before the watchdog report appeared.

Last edited by a moderator:

Boo Blizzi

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Mar 3, 2009
My pops lost about $15k with them and I used to promote the offer on a CPA network. Basically, it is just a lead-gen funnel for patent attorneys.

LifeTransformer

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Feb 20, 2015

Ronnie Bryan

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
64%
May 4, 2015
Oklahoma
LifeTransformer, seems like a good plan, keep us updated now, I will share the email Susan, sent me today, so others can make an informed choice:

Hi Ronnie,

I want to take this opportunity to thank you for sharing with me your belief that it's important to research a company that you're doing business with. We've always felt it is best to do business with a fully informed individual. In fact, clients whose products we've licensed, that are now selling in stores, had to consider similar information when considering the Davison Better Way to Invent for their ideas.

As you go about doing your own online research, you'll likely learn about several unique aspects of the invention industry.

To start, you'll discover that we believe that memberships in organizations such as the Better Business Bureau (of which we are not a member) hold little value. If you control/click HERE, you'll understand why we think that way.

You will also learn that the federal government (FTC) has been involved in the invention industry on several occasions. To read more, control/click HERE. Davison is the only company (that we are aware of) that goes beyond the minimum requirements to provide disclosures to its consumers.

Your research may also identify forum or blog sites on the Internet. These sites lead people to believe that they expose the negative practices of some companies. And while that may sound like a great resource, the problem is that these sites allow anyone to post anything, without the proper vetting of the source. Techniques like Google bombs, bumping, and competitors posing as unsatisfied clients, unfairly create a negative image about a company. To learn more about the practices, control/click HERE.

As with any company that works with the general public, you'll hear the good and the bad. In the invention industry, someone who isn't happy is often an individual whose product wasn't licensed or didn't make it to market (something that can't be controlled). Even though they understood and acknowledged the risks, they felt the need to assign blame. We're not happy about that, but we understand. To research positive news on Davison and their products, control/click HERE.

Finally, no matter what company you choose to help you pursue your idea, you should be able to see proof of their success -- their products on store shelves. Davison is the most successful company in the invention industry, and the proof is in the stores. To review a list of our products and where they have sold, control/click HERE. We encourage you to compare this to any other company in the industry.

[All the control/click here links to the DAVISON WEBSITE content written on their website so, I did not add links.And to avoid problems that Susan, could cause avoided deleting them as well.]

davison_pixel_tracking.php

Creatively Yours,

Susan Chappell

Director of New Products

DAVISON | RIDC Park | 595 Alpha Drive | Pittsburgh, PA 15238

1-800-544-3327 ext. 55015 | Fax: 412-967-0794

International: +1-412-967-0124

Last edited by a moderator:

Ronnie Bryan

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
64%
May 4, 2015
Oklahoma
Yup, I also added Susan's, contact so you can write or mail her if you have complaints or for investigative measures in doing your own due diligence, as for me I am PRESENTLY in the crossroads do I try something else; GIVE UP and die an dishwasher if that is what life has given me, or keep pursuing inventing. I totally, bombed in SALES, was alright as a landlord here is where my VALUE was best displayed.So many questions, so little time to decide,so confused.

LifeTransformer

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Feb 20, 2015
Thanks for sharing everything Ronnie.

It sounds to me like depending on what your product is - as far as Davison goes (and I mean for everybody) - that it would probably be cheaper and easier to file a PPA, then start trying to go the Stephen Key route described in that article I posted above.

For what seems to be an investment of around $10-15k, think what other resources you could get a hold of to at least build a prototype (again, depending on the product) such as printers of the 2d and 3d variety, moulding materials to make casts. Whatever you may need. A lot of those Davison products look like you could quite easily mock something up yourself, or am I being to cynical/critical?

After you've done that, you could either start finding companies to license it to, or get it onto places like kickstarter etc. to start making it.

blackhat

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
171%
Mar 24, 2015
I've yet to hear of a successful product that went through one of those invention help centers. Not saying there aren't examples out there, but it seems like plenty of people manage without them. At $10-15K I think it's insane to even consider.

SimonP99

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
132%
Jun 19, 2015
Thanks for the posts everyone! Massively helpful as always.

I think I was looking at this the wrong way, what x.Cam.x suggests is probably what I ought to be doing. Idea Licensing.

Going to study this article I found: http://fourhourworkweek.com/2007/11...ur-ideas-to-fortune-500-companies-plus-video/

Then do some more research on this subject.

Read this book: One Simple Idea by Stephen Key it's very enlightening. Tim Ferris of the 4 hour work week learned from him.
I'm reading it myself at the moment and it has opened my eyes to a world of possibilities.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/0071756159/?tag=tff-amazonparser-20

LifeTransformer

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Feb 20, 2015
Read this book: One Simple Idea by Stephen Key it's very enlightening. Tim Ferris of the 4 hour work week learned from him.
I'm reading it myself at the moment and it has opened my eyes to a world of possibilities.

http://www.amazon.com/One-Simple-Idea-Licensing-Goldmine/dp/0071756159/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1436975048&sr=8-1&keywords=one simple idea

Yes, after reading the post, I looked into Stephen Key and have put his books on my to buy list.

He's also got a youtube channel that is worth looking at.

crockbar

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
74%
Jul 5, 2011
Dallas, Texas
I just wanted to jump in here with my two cents.

First off - read the Stephen Key books because I generally like and agree with his model.

Second - I'll speak from my experience here and give a really quick bio. I have been importing products in home decor and tabletop for over a decade, and in addition to being responsible for our factories and imports I also dive really deep into the daily sales and management of key accounts. So my attitude on someone like Davison is to skip it. I'll skip through the idea protection part of this (which Davison can't really help you on anyway even though they might say they can) the rest you can do on your own with a little bit of research and phone calls. Honestly, they can't do anything that you can't also do on your own - everyone sees the stores they advertise as "sold to" and they get giddy to spend the money. If your product is viable to the market you can make it happen on your own.

Yes, after reading the post, I looked into Stephen Key and have put his books on my to buy list.

He's also got a youtube channel that is worth looking at.

OTCusp

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jul 19, 2022
Please research them first. I've heard a lot of negative things about these guys.
Read this: Davison Inventions Scam

There are a lot of comments from annoyed customers.

If you don't have much time you could always license your ideas to companies.
I just had a terrible experience with one of their so called salesman. This a**hole jumps down my throat, for questioning alleged business tactics. I made aware that they just string you along, until you get to 900 dollars, just to tell you, it's not going to fly. I can't believe that so many people fall for this trick.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.