The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Any members happening to make music?

Oswalito

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
66%
Jan 9, 2015
Out of pure curiosity,

Are there any of you out there who happen to be artists? Making music?

If you do, please share! Whatever it is.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Charnell

Block me if you're a quack
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
276%
Oct 12, 2014
Kansas City
I have a bunch of music hardware I've been meaning to get rid off. Used to record people when I was in Japan, mostly fooling around. A lot of disposable income and 19 years old...

A pair of KRK Rokit 6s, original Maschine, 3 mics between $80-200, Komplete 8 on like 14 discs, MBox 2 w/ ProTools, Behringers Xenyx X2442, a 4 slot rack with a few effects/EQ on it, Alesis Q49, around 800GB of samples/loops on discs from CM/FM magazine. Collecting dust.

Link I suppose. It's pretty bad, content wise. Vulgar and nonsensical. Just a bunch of young bucks drinking beer and recording themselves.
http://www.reverbnation.com/dirtysnow/songs

Last edited:

Ninjakid

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Jun 23, 2014
Buddy Guy Eh
Used to a lot more in high school. I actually wanted to start my own record label at that time. But for some reason I lost interest in the idea; might have something to do with the fact that I started focusing on my grades more and planning to go to university.

I don't actually write music very much anymore, as I'm usually working. But I still find time in the day to play guitar, and I usually try to learn a new song every day.

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
I play bass, but rarely have time for it.

When I was still in school I played in bands. My idol was Flea from the Red Hot Chili Peppers so, naturally, I handcrafted pants like this to wear at concerts :cool:

Dkf5m.jpg

Dont have them anymore :(

All In

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
248%
Jan 24, 2014
CA, FL, and VA
I play romantic and classical era piano. The most recent piece I've mastered is Debussy's Clair de Lune.

I occasionally make electronic music, rap beats mostly, but some EDM, and enjoy rapping and freestyling.

I like making things like this:

I don't play too much, but when I do, I really enjoy it.

I struggled a lot whether or not to pursue music as some type of income generating avenue, but after reading TMF , especially the part talking about endangering your love, I decided against it. I enjoy being able to pick it up when I want, and I look forward to more musical creativity in the future. For now, I'm in Break Free mode.

Hmm... that's a good track title...

Draven Grey

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
137%
Oct 21, 2014
Denver, CO
I've talked about it a few times here (my intro and publishing progress thread particularly) . I've been a professional musician for many years. My latest brand/band just launched music and merch recently, and we're working on a live event for this Summer that's like Masquerade Ball meet Cirque Du Soleil meets Theater meets Rock Concert meets Cosplay. Building our light rig today. Also finishing up the first chapter of an audiobook podcast this weekend. Take a look at what we have up: The Silent Still.

I've also coached bands across the world for over a decade, through books, private coaching, and in a Rock Band Success Coaching online program with a couple of the guys from Rhapsody of Fire. I've been a recording engineer for many years as well. I used to own a mobile studio in Houston, so I know how to get great sound in almost any environment. If you have any questions about the music business or recording, please feel free to ask me.

Oswalito

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
66%
Jan 9, 2015
I play romantic and classical era piano. The most recent piece I've mastered is Debussy's Clair de Lune.

I occasionally make electronic music, rap beats mostly, but some EDM, and enjoy rapping and freestyling.

I like making things like this:

I don't play too much, but when I do, I really enjoy it.

I struggled a lot whether or not to pursue music as some type of income generating avenue, but after reading TMF , especially the part talking about endangering your love, I decided against it. I enjoy being able to pick it up when I want, and I look forward to more musical creativity in the future. For now, I'm in Break Free mode.

Hmm... that's a good track title...

Making music is definitely not fastlane and it shouldn't be something you aim for. However, I don't see why you wouldn't do both. It could definitely end up bringing you passive income. Ask Billy Ray Cyrus and his achy breaky heart.

If you have any music you've already made though, I'd definitely love hearing it. Hopefully you'd be down to share it.

Draven Grey

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
137%
Oct 21, 2014
Denver, CO
Making music is definitely not fastlane and it shouldn't be something you aim for. However, I don't see why you wouldn't do both. It could definitely end up bringing you passive income. Ask Billy Ray Cyrus and his achy breaky heart.
The way most people pursue music, you're right, it's not Fastlane at all. The way that it really works behind the scenes CAN definitely be Fastlane. My coaching partners have sold millions of albums with multiple world tours. One of them is a multi-millionaire. The other I don't know the financials of, but he's enjoyed decades of making a living from his music. Most big name artists have used a Fastlane-style process to create their empire. In the end, if done correctly, it's not much different than building any other brand of products and services. But if you're like most musicians "pursuing a career in music", then it's a world dominated by horrendous business practices. Here's how Pat O'Bryan said it:
“You’d be amazed at how many artists and musicians are just sitting around waiting to be discovered while they continue to do the same thing all the other musicians and artists are doing.
“Losers, losing by following losers. Not much of a plan, but it’s pretty popular.”​

Darius

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
240%
Apr 8, 2013
Cleveland, Ohio
Ex-Music Artist
Ex-Producer
Ex-Songwriter
Ex-Studio Engineer but still own and operate a music studio on a college campus

-melo-

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jan 21, 2015

I've recently been made aware of this song and it's absolutely incredible. By far my favourite classical piece to date. If you have any more suggestions like it, please feel free to add them!

Also, I like your genre diversification haha, I'm a huge fan of dnb, but I also really like jazz.

CommonCents

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
Apr 14, 2009
MN
It's pretty much a crap business because it attracts so many wanna-be idiots.

FastNAwesome

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
May 23, 2011
I'm trying to sing too but my voice sucks right now lol

You should take some classes, proper technique is most important. And you might also find out your voice sounds differently, and much better, when used correctly.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.