The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Amazon FBA Product Inserts?

Do you include product inserts with your FBA products?

• Yes

Votes: 3 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

JonnyC

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
463%
Jan 23, 2014
Canada
Assuming you are the manufacturer of your own product, are you allowed to include a product insert if it's part of the overall "unit" package? For example, I sell a product that I ship into Amazon in a case. Each unit is in a polybag, along with a couple extra components, and a product insert postcard.

The postcard thanks the buyer and gives them basic usage instructions, then directs them to a thank you discount opt-in form.

I designed it this way based on feedback from some other sellers. However, looking through the documentation on Seller Central, I'm finding that they say "any marketing materials are prohibited." I understand with Amazon it's sometimes not clear exactly what's accepted and not.

What has been your experience with this? How would you proceed?

I'm worried since I have just under 900 units inbound to fulfillment centers and I'd be screwed if they rejected them due to the inserts. Worst case scenario, I could ship the rejected units to a local packer and have them remove the postcards and re-ship into the FC.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

DrkSide

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
219%
Mar 26, 2013
I have heard on a few facebook groups as well as the Seller forums that people have been caught for this and have had products rejected. The last one that I read actually said that Amazon had opened one of the units to look at the contents.

I think this is all in how you handle the marketing. With you having an opt in for a discount code I would say that Amazon will probably block the item if they find out about that and that directly violates the terms of service. It is one of those things that they may never find or the may find it this week.

What I am looking at now is creating a warranty registration page and putting that on the insert in my product. On the page I will have a opt in for the email marketing but that won't be the sole purpose of the page. I think this has a higher chance of flying under the radar.

brandonrush

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Jul 23, 2012
Louisiana
I agree with @DrkSide. The warranty registration is perfectly acceptable. Do what the large brands already do - like Sony, Dyson, Beats, etc - and you'll be fine.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.