The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Am I on track?

Alan LT

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
138%
Nov 1, 2014
South Florida
Hello guys, I would like some input here. I'm currently trying to start to sell my services as a Web / Graphic designer. Now I could create templates, and so forth and aim for a passive income, but I don't think that's the best way for me to go. The type of consumers I'm trying to attract are serious, loyal, and are willing to pay whatever to get a Website / Graphics design that helps them. look better, etc. Now, I could sell my templates & services but that's asking for too much. I would feel like I'm taking more than giving from people.

So do you guys think I'm on the right track, if I just give my templates out for free and only sell my services to people who are serious?

Moreover, I'm using instagram as my main platform to get my designs out there. If you got any tips on me getting my work to be more noticeable, it would be very much appreciated.

- Thanks for reading this, I appreciate it very much.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

mws87

talk less, listen more.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
199%
May 5, 2015
California
It's up to you. It doesn't hurt to pay it forward now and then. At the same time, if you're good at something why not charge for it? In my opinion, you should find what makes you different from all the other developers out there. What makes you different is what will get you customers.

There are so many variables involved with answering your question, which makes a forum the best place to ask. My opinion: start small and grow from there. I wouldn't give them out for free, that's asking someone to run with your idea.

Digamma

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
301%
Nov 13, 2014
If you are good, the best thing you can do is make pro themes, both free and paid, and sell very expensive consultancy services. Talking about $300/h for top consultants.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Alan LT

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
138%
Nov 1, 2014
South Florida
If you are good, the best thing you can do is make pro themes, both free and paid, and sell very expensive consultancy services. Talking about $300/h for top consultants.
Hmmm... I think a light bulb went on

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.