The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Advice Selling a Sailing Catamaran Vacation

Marketing, social media, advertising

Windsurfer

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
219%
Jul 5, 2013
Minnesota
My parents have a timeshare with a sailing catamaran charter company. They buy weeks throughout the years and go on an all-inclusive vacation to various places all over the world. The timeshare is a 2-person cabin on a 50 foot sailing catamaran. There are 3 or 4 other cabins for people depending on the size of the boat. I took my kids on one to the British Virgin Islands and it was one of the best vacations I have ever had. They treat you like royalty on these all-inclusive trips.

There is always a drink waiting for you when you get back to the boat from snorkeling, windsurfing, SUP'ing, shore excursions or scuba diving. The food they make for you is unbelievable. The charter also includes a Captain and cook so you can help as much as you want sailing, or you can just kick back and drink.

They have a pretty low rate for the trips because they have bought a bunch of them. Now they have one they can't go on to the Grenadines. They asked if I could sell it at a discounted price.

I was wondering if people on this forum had some ideas of where I could post it for sale? I have seen others selling it on eBay, but I was thinking there should be some timeshare/vacation/sailing websites that would also be frequented by potential buyers.

Any thoughts?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Maybe list on VRBO that it's in Florida?

recon187

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
83%
Dec 14, 2013
Look into Preferred-access. They will rent them to their members when not in use. they might do something to help you out. Hard to say. doesn't cost to call and ask though.

My parents have a timeshare with a sailing catamaran charter company. They buy weeks throughout the years and go on an all-inclusive vacation to various places all over the world. The timeshare is a 2-person cabin on a 50 foot sailing catamaran. There are 3 or 4 other cabins for people depending on the size of the boat. I took my kids on one to the British Virgin Islands and it was one of the best vacations I have ever had. They treat you like royalty on these all-inclusive trips.

There is always a drink waiting for you when you get back to the boat from snorkeling, windsurfing, SUP'ing, shore excursions or scuba diving. The food they make for you is unbelievable. The charter also includes a Captain and cook so you can help as much as you want sailing, or you can just kick back and drink.

They have a pretty low rate for the trips because they have bought a bunch of them. Now they have one they can't go on to the Grenadines. They asked if I could sell it at a discounted price.

I was wondering if people on this forum had some ideas of where I could post it for sale? I have seen others selling it on eBay, but I was thinking there should be some timeshare/vacation/sailing websites that would also be frequented by potential buyers.

Any thoughts?
k

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power