The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

A rant, goals, and a short amount of time but all the time in the world

Anything related to matters of the mind

Crissco

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
74%
Aug 3, 2015
New York
Hey guys, this is a bit of a rant, I noticed that seems to happen when I first start out on every one of my journeys, only to succeed 10 fold past whatever I thought was possible. So, i am repeating the steps that I took in the past to have the same outcome with money. (Ranting, Raving, Reading, Action) - First comes mindset and choices. Which is why I decided to post in this section. More or so, choices. The reason I chose my title was this. First off it is a rant overall, my goals are broken down, not to the max, as im doing that in my word pad when thoughts come to mind(Will update). I have a short amount of time as im putting pressure on myself to "succeed", leave and move on, but all the time in the world since I can use my current situation to my advantage.

Ok lets get started. Im 28 years old living with my father for the past 5 years. Recently my brother and my dads 24 year old girlfriend moved in. Living here for 5 years taught me alot, about my dad specifically. H wants the "best for me" but he cant converse with his sons, he is ego driven and a money chaser that thinks when he gets money it will bring him complete happiness. Yet when i try to explain its not the money, its the options that the money brings which will help uplift your current mood. Thats it. He goes silent. He assumes everything and when someone trys to mention something you get yelled out because it hits his ego. Yet I was called crazy? Yea well we all are in ways. As long as you arent hurting anyone. But fact is, he has to much of a hold over me, I love him, he loves me, but I cant deal with his mood changing like the weather all the time, one times hes nice, next second, overly aggressive throwing stuff on the counter when all you had to do is place is down. Its pretty ridiculous.

Yes, he's dealt with a lot of my early to mid 20s crap, coming home drunk, starting fights when drunk, having 3 girls over in a night. Hes a good father, but as a parent and a person he is completely lost. I feel pitty at times and yet when I "walk away" he comes chasing back, he is like a broken unstable wants what he cant have type of guy, pretty typical to say the least. But I cant let that be my problem anymore.

I know this shouldn't even be a conversation anymore as I posted stuff similar to this on other forums years ago, only difference now is my mindset and how I am completely calm while posting it, not out of an angry rant like I was in the past. Needless to say I have to get out of here. There is also the other spectrum of it, I am living here rent free, I should use it to my advantage as I am of course.

I am sick of having to walk on eggshells, having to keep my outgoing personality to a minimum, and when I do feel good he always find a way to make us feel like shit, such as not saying a word(feeling like less of a man it seems), when i try to explain something he goes "i dont want to talk about it" yet he can say anything in the world if the blame is on someone else. I legit have to make him feel like a complete and utter loser to get him to listen. It's sad. When I try to bring something up and actually talk he thinks im crazy. Its not right. Living here I always had this mental block, a fog, like im holding my self back living here. Very well could be I work in a small room as a web designer making almost no money to survive.

But anyway, the more I type the more angry I get little by little, so im going to stop this rant.

Now on to the good stuff:

Internet Money Goals:
Where I am getting a consistent stream of income to my account everyday

Option1: Getting a small amount of money $19 or below every hour or a couple of times an hour

Option2: Getting a large amount of money $1k+ once a day or a couple of times a day

Ways to:
$19 an hour:
??

1k+ a day:
A course that is priced at $499+ and get two sign ups a day

Short term goals:
Get my own place, studio apartment
Making $200 more a week than what the rent currently is(I will sacrifice on this short term goal if needed)

Long term goals:
Having the option to be able to afford a house, but not buying one simply because
*Im focusing one the now while having the long term goal in the back of my head

I am sure a lot of what i wrote seems typical, of course it is, im fully aware of it.

CENTS/CENTS broken down:

1. Find a Need or Problem
2. Have a low competition niche
3. Be in control of income 100%
4. Reach a big audience(1Mil +)
5.Not much work involved for maintenance after 1 year

In a paragraph:
Find a need or problem, make sure it's in a low competition area, that not many people are creating businesses based off of that need, but the popular enough where I can reach an audience of 1 mil +. Be sure to be in control of the income 100%. Such a subscription service, if I was to only use Adsense Google can terminate my ads anytime which would lead to loss of income.

In a sentence:
Finding a communication problem that has limits in the real world and solving that problem by putting it on the internet.

What?:
A service that connects two like minded people together to solve a need and a problem in the specific niche/area I choose

How?:
How am i going to make money:
1. Offer premium services which allow more options(3 moths, 6months...etc)
2. Adsense
3. Affiliate offers

Steps:
1. Google Keyword Planner - Find a niche, 25,000-40,000 searches a month
2. Google Trends yearly consistency - How consistent are the numbers in the past 5 years?
3. Find a problem or a need in that area
4. Charge a subscription fee to solve that problem and fill the need

Right now from an outside point of view my life is pretty sad, but every goal i set and took action to acieve it I accomplished it 100x more then what i thought. I am not looking for sympothy as there is no reason for that as my life really is "golden" I am looking for an answer from some who has been there, thats it. I am not giving up. "I am making my imagination a reality"

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited by a moderator:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.